HOSPITAL RECEIVES HONOR: Florida Hospital Zephyrhills was recently named one of America's Best Hospitals for Heart Care by the Women's Choice Award, a referral source for health care. The award signifies that the hospital's Heart Institute is in the top 9 percent of 4,789 U.S. hospitals offering heart care services. The hopsital is the only one in Pasco County to receive the distinction.
LONG-TERM LEASE NEGOTIATED: Hold-Thyssen, a full-service commercial property firm with offices in Clearwater and Winter Park, recently completed a five-year lease renewal agreement with Subway for 2,400 rentable square feet at Morningside Plaza at 12634 U.S. 301 in Dade City. Therese Taylor, leasing agent, negotiated the transaction representing the landlord, WFCMT Morningside REO.
COSTCO OPENS IN LUTZ: Costco opened a 152,000-square-foot membership warehouse at 2225 Grand Cypress Drive in the Cypress Creek Town Center in Lutz on Feb. 8. The business will feature a variety of specialty departments, including a gas station, bakery, meat, produce, deli, optical department, photo center, pharmacy, tire center, hearing aid center and food court, as well as beer/liquor and fine wines.
NEW LOCATION FOR NETWORKING GROUP: The next meeting of the East Pasco Networking Group will be at 7:30 a.m. Feb. 14 at its new location, the Village Inn, 5214 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills. For information, contact Nils Lenz, chairman, at (813) 782-9491 or Vicky Jones, vice chairwoman, at (813) 431-1149.
NEW ARRIVALS AT SHOPS AT WIREGRASS: The Shops at Wiregrass has announced several new businesses. The lineup includes six restaurants and three stores in the health and beauty category. Newly opened are: Wok Chi, Menchie's Frozen Yogurt, Union72 Barbecue, Pholicious, Visionworks and the Vitamin Shoppe. Opening soon will be Irish 31, Avalon Spa & Nails and Noble Crust. For information, visit theshopsatwiregrass.com.
SPONSORS NEEDED FOR NETWORKING FESTIVAL: The Pasco Economic Development Council is looking for sponsors for its 15th annual NetFest networking festival, which will be from 5 to 8 p.m. April 6 at Starkey Ranch, 2500 Heart Pine Avenue, Odessa.
The event, with a Western theme, is a chance to wear blue jeans, plaid shirts and cowboy hats for a casual night of food, drink, music and networking.
Tickets are $35 for Pasco EDC investors and guests; $45 for others. Sponsorships levels include: Cowboy for $500, Trail Boss for $1,000 and Cattle Baron for $2,000. Sponsors may assemble a team to participate in the sponsors-only chili cook-off. For information, contact Suzanne at (813) 926-0829 or [email protected]
COUNCIL ELECTS EXECUTIVE BOARD: The HR Florida State Council has elected its 2017 executive board. The new president is Tampa professional Lynnette Holsinger human resources director for Nature Coast EMS. Other board members include: Heather Deyrieux, president-elect; Marty Bryson, vice president; Chad Sorenson, treasurer; Jennifer Gunter, secretary, and Jim Gallo, state conference director. The HR Florida State Council is the state affiliate for the Society for Human Resource Management. The council facilitates services and programs for the collective interest of the group's members.
FITNESS CENTER TO HOST FREE FAMILY EVENT: Infinity Fitness and Beyond, 6652 Ridge Road, Port Richey, will host a free Pasco Family Appreciation Day from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. March 4. The event includes free food, activities and gifts from vendors. Proceeds raised through sponsorships and vendor fees will benefit the youth of the Eckerd Challenge program. For information, call (352) 263-5996.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small business seminars:
• Legal Structure for Small Businesses, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 14, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• Using the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 14, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• How to Apply for a Business Loan, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 15, South Holiday Branch Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive, Holiday.
• Marketing to Grow Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 23, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• How to Apply for a Business Loan, 5 to 6:45 p.m. Feb. 28, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• Internet Marketing, 5 to 6:45 p.m. Feb. 28, Zephyrhills Public Library, 5347 8th St., Zephyrhills.
To register and for information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hamilton, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to [email protected] or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned. Call (352) 848-1438.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Tony Nalli at (727) 858-7907.
• Women's Connection of New Port Richey: 11:30 a.m. the second Monday of each month (September through May) at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $15 and includes lunch and a speaker. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Anita at (727) 863-2126.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Verizon Event Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 815-7744.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month at Village Inn, 5214 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills. Call Nils Lenz at (813) 782-9491.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at Beef'O'Brady's, 5546 Main St., New Port Richey. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen. Membership is $10 per year. Call Myrtle at (727) 934-9993.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• Trinity Business Association: 6 to 7:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• BNI Platinum: 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Call Bob Nixon at (813) 263-5632.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. Email [email protected]
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the first and third Wednesdays of each month at Hungry Harry's Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O'Lakes Blvd. A short networking presentation will be followed by a chance for all attendees to do a 30-second commercial. The event sponsor is Proly, Laporte & Mulligan P.A. Cost is $7 and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Keep It Local-Trinity Chapter: 8 a.m. Wednesdays at Havana Dreamers Cafe, 3104 Town Ave., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8 to 10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month. Location changes each month. For information or to RSVP, visit pascoagingnetwork.org. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.
• Keep It Local-Wesley Chapel Chapter: 8:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Lexington Oaks Golf & Country Club, 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Christian Women's Network Chapter: 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Cantina Laredo, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Keep It Local-New Port Richey Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Odessa/Trinity Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• West Pasco Business Network: noon to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Hibachi Buffet, 10421 U.S. 19, Port Richey. Call Joanne Grassi at (727) 856-9595.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursdays at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursdays at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Christian Business Connections of Central Pasco: 7:45 to 9:15 a.m. Thursdays at Quail Hollow Golf Club, 6225 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel. Cost of $9 per meeting, includes breakfast and beverages. Annual membership dues are $100. Call Rene Van Hout at (813) 300-7511.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursdays at IHOP, 10740 State Road 54, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Networking For Your Success: 8 a.m. Thursdays at Lexington Oaks Country Club, 2615 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Cost is $5 and includes a continental breakfast. Annual membership is $79. Call Matt at (813) 782-1777.
• Women-n-Charge: 11:30 a.m. on the first Friday of each month, Pebble Creek Country Club, 10550 Regents Park Dr., Tampa. Cost is $15 for members in advance, $18 for guests and at the door. Call Judy at (813) 600-9848.