BECOME A SCORE VOLUNTEER: Residents are invited to put their business knowledge and skills to work in the community by becoming a Pasco Hernando SCORE volunteer. SCORE is dedicated to entrepreneur education and the success of small business. Whether someone has owned a small business, worked at a Fortune 500 company, is retired or currently employed, their business experience is needed to help small business owners succeed. For information, send email to Greg Kullman at [email protected]
MEDICAL CENTER RECOGNIZED: Gulf Coast Medical Center recently met all criteria for laboratory accreditation by COLA, a national health care accreditation organization. Accreditation is given only to laboratories that apply rigid standards of quality in day-to-day operations, demonstrate continued accuracy in the performance of proficiency testing, and pass an on-site laboratory survey. The center has two locations in Port Richey, one in Hudson and one in Spring Hill. For information, visit gcmc1.com or call (727) 868-2151.
SPONSORS NEEDED FOR NETWORKING FESTIVAL: The Pasco Economic Development Council is looking for sponsors for its 15th annual NetFest networking festival, which will be from 5 to 8 p.m. April 6 at Starkey Ranch, 2500 Heart Pine Avenue, Odessa. The event, with a Western theme, is a chance to wear blue jeans, plaid shirts and cowboy hats for a casual night of food, drink, music and networking. Tickets are $35 for Pasco EDC investors and guests; $45 for others. Sponsorships levels include: Cowboy for $500, Trail Boss for $1,000 and Cattle Baron for $2,000. Sponsors may assemble a team to participate in the sponsors-only chili cook-off. For information, contact Suzanne at (813) 926-0829 or [email protected]
DOCTOR LECTURES AT SYMPOSIUM: Dr. Michael A. Pikos, a board-certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon and the founder of Coastal Jaw Surgery, recently spoke at the Versah Osseodensification World Symposium in Orlando. Pikos' offices are at 4372 Commercial Way, Spring Hill; 2711 Tampa Road, Palm Harbor, and 8845 Hawbuck St., Trinity.
POP-UP BOUTIQUES IN TRINITY: Ten LuLaRoe consultants will have pop-up boutiques from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Feb. 4 at the Trinity Meeting Center, 7813 Mitchell Blvd., in the Trinity Commons Plaza, New Port Richey. For information, call (727) 375-9700.
FITNESS CENTER TO HOST FREE FAMILY EVENT: Infinity Fitness and Beyond, 6652 Ridge Road, Port Richey, will host a free Pasco Family Appreciation Day from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. March 4. The event includes free food, activities and gifts from vendors. All funds raised through sponsorships and vendor fees will benefit the youth of the Eckerd Challenge program. For information, call (352) 263-5996.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small business seminars:
• Marketing to Grow Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 7, Centennial Park Branch Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• Pricing for Profit, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 7, Land O'Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Pkwy, Land O'Lakes.
• Financial Tips for Your Small Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 8, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City.
• Preventing Fraud in a Small Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 9, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel.
• Legal Structure for Small Businesses, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 14, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• Using the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 14, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• How to Apply for a Business Loan, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 15, South Holiday Branch Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive, Holiday.
• Marketing to Grow Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 23, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• How to Apply for a Business Loan, 5 to 6:45 p.m. Feb. 28, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• Internet Marketing, 5 to 6:45 p.m. Feb. 28, Zephyrhills Public Library, 5347 8th St., Zephyrhills.
To register and for information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hamilton, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to [email protected] or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned. Call (352) 848-1438.