Pasco Business digest for Jan. 15
DEADLINE EXTENDED FOR SMARTstart CHALLENGE: The application deadline to participate in the Pasco Economic Development Council's second annual SMARTstart Challenge business pitch competition has been extended to today. During the competition, which will be Feb. 25 in conjunction with Saint Leo University's student business plan competition, local entrepreneurs will compete for a cash prize and a six-month, on-site membership in one of the SMARTstart Pasco business incubators. For an application, visit pascoedc.com/incubator/smartstart-challenge/ no later than 5 p.m. today.
U-HAUL NEIGHBORHOOD DEALER OPENS: Sunray Auto Sales, 2610 U.S. 19, Holiday, has signed on as a U-Haul neighborhood dealer to serve the Holiday community.
According to Sunray owner Ara Vizoyan, the business will offer U-Haul trucks, towing equipment, support rental items and in-store pickup for boxes. Hours of operation for rentals are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturdays. For information, call (727) 493-3989.
PULTE HOMES COMING TO STARKEY RANCH: Pulte Homes has announced it will build consumer-inspired luxury homes in the master-planned Starkey Ranch community starting in early 2017. Starkey Ranch is on State Road 54 at Heart Pine Avenue, 4 miles west of the Suncoast Parkway. Pulte will offer 13 one- and two-story home designs, with two- and three-car garages. Three model homes will be ready in early 2017. For information, call toll-free 1-877-752-0173.
NEW SENIOR ACCOUNTANT: Brandi M. Kovacs, a licensed certified public accountant, has joined Tampa Bay Tax Pros, 5328 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey.
For information, call (727) 848-8950.
TOP REALTORS: Coldwell Banker F.I. Grey & Son Residential, 6330 U.S. 19, New Port Richey, has announced its top Realtors for December. Randal Jenkins received the awards for Top Listing Agent by Units and Volume. Michael Bundy was honored with the Top Selling Agent by Volume award. Tom Wibirt received the Top Selling Agent by Units award. Carolyn Hill received the award for Top Producing Agent by Volume. Team Maceda, whose members include Joseph Maceda, Kristin Mizgorski and Rebecca Duffy, received the Top Producing Agent by Units award.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT WEEK: The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have its 23rd annual Business Development Week from Jan. 25 to 29 at various locations in the county.
Activities will include informational programs, workshops and a business expo for anyone learning about business, starting a business or expanding a business. Many of the events are free and open to the public.
The event begins with a kickoff luncheon from 11:30 to 1 p.m. Jan. 25 at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. The keynote speaker will be Elizabeth McCormick, a Blackhawk pilot, who will present "Soar 2 Success." Tickets are $35. To register, visit pascoedc.com. For information, call (727) 842-7651 or visit westpasco.com.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINAR: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small business seminars.
• Customer Service Workshop, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• How to Apply for a Business Loan, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., Tuesday, Centennial Park Branch Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• How to Really Start Your Own Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, South Holiday Branch Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive, Holiday.
To register and for information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the Local Workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hamilton, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to [email protected] or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
© 2017 Tampa Bay Times
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Tony Nalli at (727) 858-7907.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. Cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 8 a.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month at Rose's Cafe, 38426 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills. Call Nils Lenz at (813) 782-9491.
• Business Development Council: 8:15 a.m. the second Tuesday of each month at Cracker Barrel, 5341 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. The networking group promotes individual business members. Call Crystal Menzie Olson at (727) 376-1030.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at the Golden Corral Restaurant, 8928 U.S. 19, Port Richey. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen. Membership is $5 per year. Call Myrtle at (727) 934-9993.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• Trinity Business Association: 6 to 7:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• BNI Platinum: 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Call Bob Nixon at (813) 263-5632.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. Email [email protected]
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the first and third Wednesdays of each month at Hungry Harry's Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O' Lakes Blvd. A short networking presentation will be followed by a chance for all attendees to do a 30-second commercial. The event sponsor is Proly, Laporte & Mulligan P.A. Cost is $7 and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Keep It Local-Trinity Chapter: 8 a.m. Wednesdays at Havana Dreamers Cafe, 3104 Town Ave., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8-10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month. Location changes each month. For information or to RSVP, visit pascoagingnetwork.org. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.
• Keep It Local-Wesley Chapel Chapter: 8:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Lexington Oaks Golf & Country Club, 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Christian Women's Network Chapter: 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Cantina Laredo, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Keep It Local-New Port Richey Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Odessa/Trinity Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• West Pasco Business Network: noon to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Hibachi Buffet, 10421 U.S. 19, Port Richey. Call Joanne Grassi at (727) 856-9595.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursdays at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15-9 a.m. Thursdays at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Christian Business Connections of Central Pasco: 7:45-9:15 a.m. Thursdays at Quail Hollow Golf Club, 6225 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel. $9 per meeting, includes breakfast and beverages. Annual membership dues are $100. Call Rene Van Hout at (813) 300-7511.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursdays at IHOP, 10740 State Road 54, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Networking For Your Success: 8 a.m. Thursdays at Lexington Oaks Country Club, 2615 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Cost is $5 and includes a continental breakfast. Annual membership is $79. Call Matt at (813) 782-1777.
• Women-n-Charge: 11:30 a.m. on the first Friday of each month (except June and July when date will be second Friday of the month), Pebble Creek Country Club, 10550 Regents Park Drive, Tampa. Cost is $15 for members in advance, $18 for guests and at the door. Call Judy at (813) 600-9848.