Dr. David Kimmel of the Florida Center for Laser Dentistry, 12124 Cobblestone Drive, Bayonet Point, recently provided facial anatomy and aesthetics training to medical doctors and dentists in San Francisco and New Jersey.
The training included how to use Botox to treat headaches associated with TMJ (Temporomandibular Joint Disorder). Kimmel has been providing Botox and dermal fillers to his patients since 2009. He has been practicing in Bayonet Point since 1990 and has been utilizing laser dentistry for more than eight years. Kimmel can be reached at (727) 862-8513.
• • •
The medical staff of the Medical Center of Trinity recently elected new officers to its medical executive committee.
The newly elected medical executive committee officers include Drs. Peter Candelora, chief of staff; Daniel Rodriguez, vice chief of staff; Usha Agarwal, secretary/treasurer; Najam Javeed, chief, department of medicine; Jennifer Cook, chief, department of surgery, and Linda Badillo, immediate past chief of staff.
Members of the medical executive committee are elected by their peers to lead the hospital's medical staff. Among its many responsibilities, the committee makes recommendations regarding healthcare quality and improving activities, as well as identifying community health needs and implementing programs at the hospital to meet those needs.
The Medical Center of Trinity is located at 9330 State Road 54, Trinity. For information, call (727) 834-4000.
• • •
Gulf Coast Medical Center's Dr. Nicholas Strobbe, board certified internal medicine, was recently designated an aviation medical examiner after training at the Federal Aviation Administration headquarters in Oklahoma City.
As an aviation medical examiner, Strobbe is a designated representative of the FAA. He has been delegated authority to perform medical examinations for private Class II or Class III medical certificates.
Strobbe is a physician and an avid pilot, having pursued both fields for most of his life. Gulf Coast Medical Center has two locations in Port Richey and one in Spring Hill. For information, visit gcmc1.com.
The Central Pasco, Dade City, Wesley Chapel, West Pasco and Zephyrhills chambers of commerce will be closed Monday in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
• • •
The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have its Ambassadors Luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday at North Bay Hospital, 6600 Madison St., New Port Richey.
The cost is $10 per person (cash only), and includes tax, gratuity and beverage. For information, call the chamber at (727) 842-7651.
• • •
SCORE Chapter 439 is presenting a series of free business seminars:
• "Starting a Home Based Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• "How to Really Start Your Own Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, South Holiday Branch Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive, Holiday.
To register, visit score439.org and click on the Local Workshops tab, or for additional information, call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
• • •
Sheridan Tax & Bookkeeping will present two free "Get Organized" workshops from 9:15 to 11:30 a.m. at two locations.
On Wednesday the workshop will be offered at 3610 Galileo Drive, Suite 5, Trinity. To RSVP, call (727) 755-0079.
On Friday the workshop will be offered at Suncoast Braces, 1702 County Line Road, Suite 102, Spring Hill. To RSVP, call (352) 678-3143.
The workshops, presented by Shannon Sheridan, will offer ways to work smarter with your time and end the headache of lost papers, files and numbers. Sheridan has a master's degree in accountancy and is licensed by the Department of Treasury and is an enrolled agent to represent taxpayers in front of the IRS.
• • •
The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have two ribbon-cuttings during the coming week:
• All Children's Hospital Guild Pasco Branch, at the Outpatient Center, 4443 Rowan Road, New Port Richey, at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday. Call Wendy Wood, (727) 580-5633.
• Jenna's Super Hair & Nail Salon, 4136 Rowan Road, New Port Richey, 11:30 a.m. Thursday. Call Jenna Lai, (727) 807-7854.
• • •
The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will have its Business Leaders Roundtable from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday at Microtel Inn & Suites, 7839 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills.
The speaker and roundtable discussion will be Skip Mahaffey, award-winning radio personality. The event, sponsored by Jim Pittman of Edward Jones Investments, is free to chamber members.
The Business Leaders Roundtable, a program of the chamber, is an opportunity for small-business owners and leaders to openly discuss issues and trends affecting local businesses.
Lunch will be provided. RSVP to (813) 782-1913.
• • •
The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have its Business Development Week kick-off luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Jan. 28 at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey.
The speaker will be Doug Van Dyke, a leadership, collaboration and sales consultant, executive coach and strategic planner. Tickets cost $25 per person.
RSVP to the chamber at (727) 842-7651 by Thursday.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road in the Regency Shopping Center, New Port Richey. Call Ashok Visuvasam at (813) 333-1622.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. The cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday at the Village Inn, 5214 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills. The group meets on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month. Call Nils Lenz at (813) 782-9491.
• West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 11:45 a.m. Tuesday at Boulevard Beef & Ale, 6236 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The association is made up of professionals who work together to promote one another's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Vallartas Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Wesley Chapel Chamber of Commerce Economic Development Committee: 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Thursday at American Consulting Engineers, 2818 Cypress Ridge Blvd., Suite 200, Wesley Chapel. For information, call chamber chairman Jeff Miller at (813) 994-6795.