Pasco Business digest for Jan. 22
NEW CLINIC OPENS: After Hours Pediatrics Urgent Care, 5400 Little Road, New Port Richey, opened Jan. 11, providing urgent care to children with non-life-threatening illness and injuries.
The clinic is open from 5 to 11 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 1 to 11 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays. No appointments are necessary, and most insurance plans are accepted. The clinic is managed by TeamHealth of Knoxville, Tenn.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT WEEK: The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have its 23rd annual Business Development Week from Monday to Friday at various locations in the county.
Activities will include informational programs, workshops and a business expo for anyone learning about business, starting a business or expanding a business. Many of the events are free and open to the public.
The event begins with a kickoff luncheon from 11:30 to 1 p.m. Monday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. The keynote speaker will be Elizabeth McCormick, a Black Hawk pilot, who will present "Soar 2 Success." Tickets are $35.
To register, visit pascoedc.com. For information, call (727) 842-7651 or visit westpasco.com.
MARKETING MANIA: American House Zephyrhills and Senior Helpers will host a East & Central Pasco Marketing Mania event at 10 a.m. Thursday, at American House, 38130 Pretty Pond Road, Zephyrhills.
The guest speaker will be Amanda Morris of the Thomas Promise Foundation. Tours of the senior living community will be available. To RSVP, call (813) 400-2263.
SLEEK & SEXY NIGHT FUNDRAISER: The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce's Young Professionals Group will host its ninth annual Sleek and Sexy Night at 6:30 p.m. Feb. 4 at Dulcet Restaurant and Lounge, 6220 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey.
The event is sponsored by Pontlitz Asset Advisors and will benefit local nonprofit organizations, as well as provide young professionals with educational opportunities.
The upscale evening will include complimentary valet parking, photos on the red carpet and a glass of champagne provided by Hits 106 WGHR-FM. There also will be special performances by Dancing with the Local Stars winners Alison Janke and Paul Friedlander, butler-passed premium hor d'oeuvres, outside patio seating, music and dancing. Participants may join the "sexiest contest" in five categories: sexiest shoes, legs, eyes, hair, smile and swagger. Tickets are $35 in advance or $45 at the door, and are available at westpasco.com or at the West Pasco Chamber of Commerce office, DeLuca's Fine Jewelry or the Dulcet. For information, call Becky Bennett at (727) 967-7509.
RIBBON-CUTTING AND GRAND OPENING: Florida Hospital Zephyrhills will have a community open house and ribbon cutting from noon to 2 p.m. at its Creation Health Wellness Center, 38233 Daughtery Road, Zephyrhills.
The ribbon cutting, courtesy of the Greater Zephyrhills and the Greater Dade City chambers of commerce, will be at 12:15 p.m. The event is free and open to the public.
GREEN INDUSTRY TRAINING: The Pasco County Cooperative Extension Service will offer Green Industry Best Management Practices training from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Feb. 4 at its office at the Pasco County Fairgrounds, 36702 State Road 52, Dade City. The program is designed for landscape professionals who apply pesticides and fertilizers commercially.
Preregistration and prepayment are required. Visit the Eventbrite link at ow.ly/WbdoK. The cost for training and lunch is $30. Participants must have a photo ID and pre-paid ticket for admission. The cost for Pasco County government and Pasco County School District employees is $20, with the signature of an immediate supervisor on the pre-paid ticket. For information, call (352) 518-0156.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hamilton, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to email@example.com or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
© 2017 Tampa Bay Times
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Tony Nalli at (727) 858-7907.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. Cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 8 a.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month at Rose's Cafe, 38426 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills. Call Nils Lenz at (813) 782-9491.
• Business Development Council: 8:15 a.m. the second Tuesday of each month at Cracker Barrel, 5341 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. The networking group promotes individual business members. Call Crystal Menzie Olson at (727) 376-1030.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at the Golden Corral Restaurant, 8928 U.S. 19, Port Richey. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen. Membership is $5 per year. Call Myrtle at (727) 934-9993.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• Trinity Business Association: 6 to 7:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• BNI Platinum: 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Call Bob Nixon at (813) 263-5632.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the first and third Wednesdays of each month at Hungry Harry's Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O' Lakes Blvd. A short networking presentation will be followed by a chance for all attendees to do a 30-second commercial. The event sponsor is Proly, Laporte & Mulligan P.A. Cost is $7 and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Keep It Local-Trinity Chapter: 8 a.m. Wednesdays at Havana Dreamers Cafe, 3104 Town Ave., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8-10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month. Location changes each month. For information or to RSVP, visit pascoagingnetwork.org. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.
• Keep It Local-Wesley Chapel Chapter: 8:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Lexington Oaks Golf & Country Club, 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Christian Women's Network Chapter: 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Cantina Laredo, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Keep It Local-New Port Richey Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Odessa/Trinity Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• West Pasco Business Network: noon to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Hibachi Buffet, 10421 U.S. 19, Port Richey. Call Joanne Grassi at (727) 856-9595.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursdays at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15-9 a.m. Thursdays at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Christian Business Connections of Central Pasco: 7:45-9:15 a.m. Thursdays at Quail Hollow Golf Club, 6225 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel. $9 per meeting, includes breakfast and beverages. Annual membership dues are $100. Call Rene Van Hout at (813) 300-7511.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursdays at IHOP, 10740 State Road 54, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Networking For Your Success: 8 a.m. Thursdays at Lexington Oaks Country Club, 2615 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Cost is $5 and includes a continental breakfast. Annual membership is $79. Call Matt at (813) 782-1777.
• Women-n-Charge: 11:30 a.m. on the first Friday of each month (except June and July when date will be second Friday of the month), Pebble Creek Country Club, 10550 Regents Park Drive, Tampa. Cost is $15 for members in advance, $18 for guests and at the door. Call Judy at (813) 600-9848.