SAINT LEO PROGRAMS RECOGNIZED: Saint Leo University has been named as providing two of the best online programs in the United States by U.S. News & World Report. Saint Leo was ranked the catetory of best online programs for bachelor's degrees (tied for 59th) and was on list of best online bachelor's programs for veterans (tied for 37th).
NATIONAL ORGAN DONOR RECOGNITION: Florida Hospital Zephyrhills was among hospitals recognized for promoting enrollment in state organ donor registries in a national campaign sponsored by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' Health Resources and Services Administration. The campaign has added 400,000 organ and tissue donor enrollments to state registries nationwide since 2011. The hospital conducted awareness and registry campaigns to educate staff, patients, visitors, and community members about the critical need for organ, eye and tissue donors and, by doing so, increased the number of potential donors on the Donate Life Florida state organ and tissue donor registry.
SPONSORS NEEDED FOR NETWORKING FESTIVAL: The Pasco Economic Development Council is looking for sponsors for its 15th annual NetFest networking festival, which will be from 5 to 8 p.m. April 6 at Starkey Ranch, 2500 Heart Pine Avenue, Odessa.
The event, with a Western theme, is a chance to wear blue jeans, plaid shirts and cowboy hats for a casual night of food, drink, music and networking.
Tickets are $35 for Pasco EDC investors and guests; $45 for others. Sponsorships levels include: Cowboy for $500, Trail Boss for $1,000 and Cattle Baron for $2,000. Sponsors may assemble a team to participate in the sponsors-only chili cook-off. For information, contact Suzanne at (813) 926-0829 or [email protected]
METRO JOB FAIR: Metro Places, which is breaking ground on the nation's first connected city, will host a job fair from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Jan. 30 at Pasco-Hernando State College Porter Campus at Wiregrass Ranch, 2727 Mansfield Blvd., Wesley Chapel. The new connected city will include new homes, advanced technology and two Crystal Lagoons in the Epperson and Mirada communities. For information, call Maria Reza, business services consultant, at (352) 247-0281.
CHAMBER BUSINESS BREAKFAST: The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will have its Business Breakfast at 7 a.m. Feb. 2 at Golden Corral, 6855 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills. The cost is $8 for chamber members, $10 for visitors. Guest speaker will be Pasco County Commissioner, Ron Oakley (District 1). (813) 782-1913.
POP-UP BOUTIQUES IN TRINITY: Ten LuLaRoe consultants will have pop-up boutiques from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Feb. 4 at the Trinity Meeting Center, 7813 Mitchell Blvd., in the Trinity Commons Plaza, New Port Richey. For information, call (727) 375-9700.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small business seminars:
• How to Really Start Your Own Business, 5 to 6:45 p.m. Jan. 31, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• How to Apply for Nonprofit Grants, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 7, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• Marketing to Grow Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 7, Centennial Park Branch Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• Pricing for Profit, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 7, Land O'Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Pkwy, Land O Lakes.
• Financial Tips for Your Small Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 8, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City.
• Preventing Fraud in a Small Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 9, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel.
• Legal Structure for Small Businesses, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 14, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• Using the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 14, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• How to Apply for a Business Loan, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 15, South Holiday Branch Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive, Holiday.
• Marketing to Grow Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 23, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• How to Apply for a Business Loan, 5 to 6:45 p.m. Feb. 28, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• Internet Marketing, 5 to 6:45 p.m. Feb. 28, Zephyrhills Public Library, 5347 8th St., Zephyrhills.
To register and for information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hamilton, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to [email protected] or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.