Pasco Business digest for Jan. 8
PASCO FLORIDA WATER STAR CERTIFICATION: The Starkey Ranch Welcome Center is the first community welcome center in the state to achieve Florida Water Star commercial certification.
Florida Water Star is a statewide voluntary certification program designed to increase water efficiency in landscapes, irrigation, appliances and plumbing fixtures. The welcome center is expected to use about 20 percent less water annually.
MARKETING MANAGER OF THE YEAR: Jim Schaefer, president and owner of RealReach Marketing, was recently named Marketing Manager of the Year by the Sales and Marketing Council of the Tampa Bay Builders Association.
RealRanch Marketing received three other top honors during the ceremonies, including Best On-Line Ad, Best Corporate Video and Best Television Commercial. Founded in 2012, RealRanch Marketing is a full-service marketing and advertising company in Lutz.
Schaefer is past president and life director of the Tampa Sales and Marketing Council and is on the board of directors of the statewide council.
FREE NETWORKING WORKSHOP: Business professionals, owners, entrepreneurs and sales managers interested in learning more about how to build their business through a referral-based marketing strategy are invited to a free event, "Creating Referral Success," from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Monday at the Holiday Inn Westshore, 700 N West Shore Blvd., Tampa.
This is an introduction to the Certified Networker Program, a training system for building a solid referral-based marketing strategy. The event is sponsored by the Referral Institute. For a complimentary ticket, visit referralinstitutetampa.com or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CO.STARTERS: The Pasco Economic Development Council will have its next session of Co.Starters, a nationally renowned program that helps entrepreneurs turn an idea into a new business in 10 weeks, beginning Tuesday. The program will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesdays at Florida Hospital Zephyrhills, 7050 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills.
Participants work with a small, supportive group of like-minded people who are all trying to start their own businesses.
To register, visit bit.ly/costarters. Up to 16 slots are available. The cost is $295 and includes 10 weeks of instruction and all supporting materials. The deadline to register is Friday.
BBQ & BLUES FESTIVAL: The sixth annual Pigz in Z'Hill BBQ & Blues Festival will be 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Jan. 16 at Zephyrhills Municipal Airport, 39450 South Ave., Zephyrhills.
The event features a barbecue competition, along with blues music. Visitors will be able to sample barbecue by both professional and backyard competitors. There also will be concessions, vendors, kids rides and classic cars.
Admission is free; parking is $10. The music will start at 11 a.m., with a lineup including Coldiron, Wendy Rich & the Soulshakers, the RJ Howson Band and Damon Fowler.
For sponsorships and vendor information, visit zephyrhillschamber.org.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINAR: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small business seminars.
• Marketing to Grow Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., Wednesday, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• How to Apply for a Business Loan, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City.
• Understanding a Franchise Business, 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday, Spring Hill Branch Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• Using the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Zephyrhills.
• Internet Marketing, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
To register and for information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the Local Workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hamilton, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to email@example.com or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
© 2016 Tampa Bay Times
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Tony Nalli at (727) 858-7907.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. Cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 8 a.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month at Rose's Cafe, 38426 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills. Call Nils Lenz at (813) 782-9491.
• Business Development Council: 8:15 a.m. the second Tuesday of each month at Cracker Barrel, 5341 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. The networking group promotes individual business members. Call Crystal Menzie Olson at (727) 376-1030.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at the Golden Corral Restaurant, 8928 U.S. 19, Port Richey. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen. Membership is $5 per year. Call Myrtle at (727) 934-9993.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• Trinity Business Association: 6 to 7:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• BNI Platinum: 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Call Bob Nixon at (813) 263-5632.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the first and third Wednesdays of each month at Hungry Harry's Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O' Lakes Blvd. A short networking presentation will be followed by a chance for all attendees to do a 30-second commercial. The event sponsor is Proly, Laporte & Mulligan P.A. Cost is $7 and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Keep It Local-Trinity Chapter: 8 a.m. Wednesdays at Havana Dreamers Cafe, 3104 Town Ave., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8-10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month. Location changes each month. For information or to RSVP, visit pascoagingnetwork.org. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.
• Keep It Local-Wesley Chapel Chapter: 8:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Lexington Oaks Golf & Country Club, 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Christian Women's Network Chapter: 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Cantina Laredo, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Keep It Local-New Port Richey Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Odessa/Trinity Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• West Pasco Business Network: noon to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Hibachi Buffet, 10421 U.S. 19, Port Richey. Call Joanne Grassi at (727) 856-9595.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursdays at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15-9 a.m. Thursdays at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Christian Business Connections of Central Pasco: 7:45-9:15 a.m. Thursdays at Quail Hollow Golf Club, 6225 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel. $9 per meeting, includes breakfast and beverages. Annual membership dues are $100. Call Rene Van Hout at (813) 300-7511.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursdays at IHOP, 10740 State Road 54, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Networking For Your Success: 8 a.m. Thursdays at Lexington Oaks Country Club, 2615 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Cost is $5 and includes a continental breakfast. Annual membership is $79. Call Matt at (813) 782-1777.
• Women-n-Charge: 11:30 a.m. on the first Friday of each month (except June and July when date will be second Friday of the month), Pebble Creek Country Club, 10550 Regents Park Drive, Tampa. Cost is $15 for members in advance, $18 for guests and at the door. Call Judy at (813) 600-9848.