ER EXPANSION GROUND BREAKING: As part of its ongoing efforts to grow and meet the needs of the community, Morton Plant North Bay, 6600 Madison St., New Port Richey, has begun a two-year, $24.7 million expansion and renovation project that will add 13,925 square feet to the campus, including an expanded emergency department and new main entrance.
The new emergency department will extend to the south side of the campus, taking over the existing front entrance and lobby space. Upon completion, the new emergency department will provide 28 private treatment rooms, an increase from the existing 18. In addition, a new holding area will be created to accommodate an additional eight patients, and a 15-bed unit will be built to assist patients requiring additional observation or monitoring.
The main entrance will be relocated to the north, between the Starkey Tower and the Medical Arts Building. The new entrance will also include a canopy and patient drop-off lane, new vestibule, lobby and new gift shop.
Morton Plant North Bay Hospital is west Pasco County's only nonprofit community hospital. Information, baycare.org/mpnb.
CONSTRUCTION UNDER WAY AT PARK AT WELLINGTON: Real estate developer Housing Trust Group has closed on financing and broken ground on the initial phase of Park at Wellington, a new $37.9 million, 220-unit affordable housing community located at 4369 Sunray Drive, Holiday.
The first phase of the apartment community is slated to open in late 2017. The units will be set aside for renters earning at or below 40 percent to 60 percent of area median income. Construction on the second phase is expected to start in November.
Designed with a "French country" architectural theme, the centerpiece of the community is a grand clubhouse featuring a cyber cafe, pool, exercise room, after-school care, laundry facility, offices and maintenance area. An on-site playground, dog park and walking path around a central lake, will be added. For information, visit htgf.com.
HOSPITAL GETS NEW CFO: Ryan Willis recently joined Florida Hospital Zephyrhills, 7050 Gall Blvd., as its chief financial officer. Willis, who has been the assistant vice president of finance for Florida Hospital Tampa and Florida Hospital Connerton in Land O'Lakes since 2014, has years of experience within the Adventist Health System.
Bill Heinrich, who has been FHZ's chief operating officer/chief financial officer, was promoted to CFO for Florida Hospital Tampa.
REGISTER NOW FOR CO.STARTERS SUMMER SESSION: Registration is open for the Pasco Economic Development Council's Summer 2016 session of CO.STARTERS, a national business development program.
The 10-week program runs 6 to 9 p.m. each Tuesday, beginning Tuesday at the Marchman Technical Education Center, 7825 Campus Drive, New Port Richey.
The cost of the program is $295. The deadline for applications is Friday. For information, visit pascoedc.com/incubator/events/co-starters/.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small business seminars.
• Using the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 9, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• Introduction to QuickBooks, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., Aug. 11, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel.
To register and for information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the Local Workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
Save the date
APPRECIATION BANQUET: The Pasco Economic Development Council will have its annual appreciation banquet on Sept. 8 at Saddlebrook Resort, 5700 Saddlebrook Way, Wesley Chapel. Local business and community leaders will be recognized for their contributions to growing and strengthening the local economy. The event will include an awards ceremony, an industry showcase and a brief report on the county's economic development progress. For information or to RSVP, contact Suzanne at (813) 926-0827, ext. 226, or email@example.com.
GOLF TOURNAMENT FUNDRAISER: Wells Fargo Advisors of Trinity will host its third annual golf tournament to benefit Gulfside Hospice at 11 a.m. Oct. 24 at Cypress Run Golf Club, 2669 St. Andrews Blvd., Tarpon Springs, with a shotgun start at 1 p.m. Registration for the four-person scramble is $125 for individual golfers and $500 per foursome, which includes lunch and dinner.
Hole-in-one, longest-drive and closest-to-the-pin prizes will be awarded. There will be beat-the-pro contests, and an auction. To register online, visit firstgiving.com/GulfsideHospice/golf2016 or call Carla Armstrong toll-free 1-800-561-4883. Sponsorships are available, starting at $200.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hamilton, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Tony Nalli at (727) 858-7907.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Verizon Event Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 815-7744.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 8 a.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month at Fresh Country Cafe, 5518 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills. Call Nils Lenz at (813) 782-9491.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at the Royal Super Buffet, 9550 U.S. 19, Port Richey. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen. Membership is $10 per year. Call Myrtle at (727) 934-9993.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• Trinity Business Association: 6 to 7:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• BNI Platinum: 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Call Bob Nixon at (813) 263-5632.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. Email email@example.com.
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the first and third Wednesdays of each month at Hungry Harry's Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O'Lakes Blvd. A short networking presentation will be followed by a chance for all attendees to do a 30-second commercial. The event sponsor is Proly, Laporte & Mulligan P.A. Cost is $7 and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Keep It Local-Trinity Chapter: 8 a.m. Wednesdays at Havana Dreamers Cafe, 3104 Town Ave., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8 to 10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month. Location changes each month. For information or to RSVP, visit pascoagingnetwork.org. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.
• Keep It Local-Wesley Chapel Chapter: 8:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Lexington Oaks Golf & Country Club, 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Christian Women's Network Chapter: 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Cantina Laredo, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Keep It Local-New Port Richey Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Odessa/Trinity Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• West Pasco Business Network: noon to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Hibachi Buffet, 10421 U.S. 19, Port Richey. Call Joanne Grassi at (727) 856-9595.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursdays at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursdays at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Christian Business Connections of Central Pasco: 7:45 to 9:15 a.m. Thursdays at Quail Hollow Golf Club, 6225 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel. Cost of $9 per meeting, includes breakfast and beverages. Annual membership dues are $100. Call Rene Van Hout at (813) 300-7511.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursdays at IHOP, 10740 State Road 54, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Networking For Your Success: 8 a.m. Thursdays at Lexington Oaks Country Club, 2615 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Cost is $5 and includes a continental breakfast. Annual membership is $79. Call Matt at (813) 782-1777.
• Women-n-Charge: 11:30 a.m. on the first Friday of each month, Pebble Creek Country Club, 10550 Regents Park Dr., Tampa. Cost is $15 for members in advance, $18 for guests and at the door. Call Judy at (813) 600-9848.