MECHANIC SHOP OPENS: German-MotorCare, 2433 Merchant Ave., Odessa, specializing in the service and repairs of Mercedes-Benz, Audi and BMW vehicles, had its grand opening in early May. Owned by Romana Guiteaud, 27; and Ivan J. Avila, 28, the shop is open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays. For information, call (813) 960-2288 or visit german-motorcare.com.
REALTOR AWARDED DESIGNATION: Adam R. Jonas, managing broker with Gulf Coast Executive Realty in New Port Richey, was awarded the accredited buyer's representative designation by the Real Estate Buyer's Agent Council of the National Association of Realtors. Jonas joins more than 30,000 real estate professionals in North America who have earned the designation.
5:01 FRIDAY: A laid-back meet-up with other business owners and community members will be at 5:01 p.m. June 24 at the SMARTstart Dade City business incubator, 15000 Citrus County Drive, Suite 103. For information or to RSVP, call (352) 437-4861.
COFFEE CONNECTION: Grow Financial Federal Credit Union will host a Coffee Connection from 8 to 9 a.m. June 29 at 6121 State Road 54, New Port Richey. Participants will have the opportunity to network with local professionals and learn how Grow Financial can help. Coffee and light breakfast snacks provided. The event is free, but registration is required by June 22. Call John Flores at (813) 480-4102.
Save the date
COTTAGE INDUSTRY EXPO: The University of Florida/IFAS Pasco, Hillsborough and Pinellas county extension offices will host the first Tampa Bay Cottage Industry Expo from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. July 30 at Wiregrass Ranch High School, 2909 Mansfield Blvd., Wesley Chapel.
The expo will offer practical education sessions taught by farmers, cooperative extension office experts and industry representatives. The goal is to provide attendees with information they can apply to improve their small or beginning agriculture operations. Sessions will cover agriculture production, legal and regulatory considerations and marketing. Topics will include fruits and veggies, hydroponics and livestock. The expo will also feature a trade show. Food trucks will be present. The cost is $30 per person. Pre-registration is required. To register online, visit pasco.ifas.ufl.edu/events_calendar.shtml and click on July, then scroll down to the Expo. For information, call (352) 518-0156.
APPRECIATION BANQUET: The Pasco Economic Development Council will have its annual appreciation banquet on Sept. 8 at Saddlebrook Resort, 5700 Saddlebrook Way, Wesley Chapel. The trade show will begin at 5 p.m.; the dinner and program will be at 7 p.m. Local business and community leaders will be recognized for their contributions to growing and strengthening the local economy. The event will include an awards ceremony, an industry showcase and a brief report on the county's economic development progress. For information or to RSVP, contact Suzanne at (813) 926-0827, ext. 226, or email@example.com.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small business seminars.
• How to Really Start Your Own Business, 5 to 7 p.m. June 14, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• Introduction to QuickBooks, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. June 14, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
To register and for information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the Local Workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hamilton, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Tony Nalli at (727) 858-7907.
• Women's Connection of New Port Richey: 11:30 a.m. the second Monday of each month (September through May) at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $15 and includes lunch and a speaker. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Anita at (727) 863-2126.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Verizon Event Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 815-7744.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 8 a.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month at Fresh Country Cafe, 5518 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills. Call Nils Lenz at (813) 782-9491.
• Business Development Council: 8:15 a.m. the second Tuesday of each month at Cracker Barrel, 5341 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. The networking group promotes individual business members. Call Crystal Menzie Olson at (727) 376-1030.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at the Royal Super Buffet, 9550 U.S. 19, Port Richey. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen. Membership is $10 per year. Call Myrtle at (727) 934-9993.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• Trinity Business Association: 6 to 7:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• BNI Platinum: 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Call Bob Nixon at (813) 263-5632.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. Email email@example.com.
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the first and third Wednesdays of each month at Hungry Harry's Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O'Lakes Blvd. A short networking presentation will be followed by a chance for all attendees to do a 30-second commercial. The event sponsor is Proly, Laporte & Mulligan P.A. Cost is $7 and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Keep It Local-Trinity Chapter: 8 a.m. Wednesdays at Havana Dreamers Cafe, 3104 Town Ave., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8 to 10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month. Location changes each month. For information or to RSVP, visit pascoagingnetwork.org. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.
• Keep It Local-Wesley Chapel Chapter: 8:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Lexington Oaks Golf & Country Club, 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Christian Women's Network Chapter: 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Cantina Laredo, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Keep It Local-New Port Richey Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Odessa/Trinity Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• West Pasco Business Network: noon to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Hibachi Buffet, 10421 U.S. 19, Port Richey. Call Joanne Grassi at (727) 856-9595.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursdays at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursdays at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Christian Business Connections of Central Pasco: 7:45 to 9:15 a.m. Thursdays at Quail Hollow Golf Club, 6225 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel. Cost of $9 per meeting, includes breakfast and beverages. Annual membership dues are $100. Call Rene Van Hout at (813) 300-7511.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursdays at IHOP, 10740 State Road 54, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Networking For Your Success: 8 a.m. Thursdays at Lexington Oaks Country Club, 2615 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Cost is $5 and includes a continental breakfast. Annual membership is $79. Call Matt at (813) 782-1777.
• Women-n-Charge: 11:30 a.m. on the first Friday of each month (except June and July when date will be second Friday of the month), Pebble Creek Country Club, 10550 Regents Park Dr., Tampa. Cost is $15 for members in advance, $18 for guests and at the door. Call Judy at (813) 600-9848.