Pasco Business digest for March 11
NEW GOURMET BURGER RESTAURANT OPENS: BurgerFi, the nation's fastest-growing, award-winning gourmet burger chain, recently opened its newest restaurant, the 31st in Florida and 81st worldwide, at 2910 Little Road, in Mitchell Ranch Plaza, Trinity. The chain offers fresh humane and hormone-free burgers, hand-cut fries, handmade onion rings, proprietary Vegefi burgers as well as craft beer and wine. The Trinity location will feature chairs made entirely from upcycled Coca-Cola bottles, tables from compressed recycled wood and ceiling fans that conserve electricity.
CENTER EARNS ACCREDITATION: The Discovery Point Child Development Center in Lexington Oaks has earned accreditation from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement.
To earn accreditation, schools must meet the organization's high standards, be evaluated by a team of professionals from outside the school and implement a continuous process of school improvement.
WOMEN'S CONNECTION TO MEET: Women's Connection of New Port Richey will have its monthly luncheon meeting from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 14 at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey.
The speaker will be Marie Smith, and her topic will be "Meet Goody Two Shoes Who Discovered That Being Good Just Isn't Good Enough." The feature presentation will be on plants. The cost is $15. Reservations required. Call Anita at (727) 863-2126 or Linda at (727) 856-4042 by Saturday.
Save the date
NETWORKING FESTIVAL: The Pasco Economic Development Council will host its 14th annual NetFest from 5 to 8 p.m. April 7 at Starkey Ranch, 12959 State Road 54, Odessa.
The networking event, with a Western theme, is a chance to wear blue jeans, plaid shirts and cowboy hats for a casual night of food, drink, music and networking.
Tickets are $35 for Pasco EDC investors and guests; $45 for others. Sponsorship levels include: Cowboy for $500, Trail Boss for $1,000 and Cattle Baron for $2,000.
Sponsors can assemble a team to participate in the sponsors-only chili cook-off. For information, contact Suzanne at (813) 926-0829 or Suzanne@pascoedc.com.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small business seminars.
• Using the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 15, Centennial Park Branch Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• How to Really Start Your Own Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 15, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• How to Apply for a Business Loan, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 18, Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville.
To register and for information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the Local Workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hamilton, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
© 2017 Tampa Bay Times
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Tony Nalli at (727) 858-7907.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Verizon Event Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 815-7744.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 8 a.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month at Fresh Country Cafe, 5518 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills. Call Nils Lenz at (813) 782-9491.
• Business Development Council: 8:15 a.m. the second Tuesday of each month at Cracker Barrel, 5341 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. The networking group promotes individual business members. Call Crystal Menzie Olson at (727) 376-1030.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at the Golden Corral Restaurant, 8928 U.S. 19, Port Richey. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen. Membership is $5 per year. Call Myrtle at (727) 934-9993.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• Trinity Business Association: 6 to 7:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• BNI Platinum: 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Call Bob Nixon at (813) 263-5632.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. Email email@example.com.
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the first and third Wednesdays of each month at Hungry Harry's Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O'Lakes Blvd. A short networking presentation will be followed by a chance for all attendees to do a 30-second commercial. The event sponsor is Proly, Laporte & Mulligan P.A. Cost is $7 and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Keep It Local-Trinity Chapter: 8 a.m. Wednesdays at Havana Dreamers Cafe, 3104 Town Ave., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8-10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month. Location changes each month. For information or to RSVP, visit pascoagingnetwork.org. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.
• Keep It Local-Wesley Chapel Chapter: 8:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Lexington Oaks Golf & Country Club, 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Christian Women's Network Chapter: 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Cantina Laredo, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Keep It Local-New Port Richey Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Odessa/Trinity Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• West Pasco Business Network: noon to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Hibachi Buffet, 10421 U.S. 19, Port Richey. Call Joanne Grassi at (727) 856-9595.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursdays at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15-9 a.m. Thursdays at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Christian Business Connections of Central Pasco: 7:45-9:15 a.m. Thursdays at Quail Hollow Golf Club, 6225 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel. $9 per meeting, includes breakfast and beverages. Annual membership dues are $100. Call Rene Van Hout at (813) 300-7511.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursdays at IHOP, 10740 State Road 54, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Networking For Your Success: 8 a.m. Thursdays at Lexington Oaks Country Club, 2615 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Cost is $5 and includes a continental breakfast. Annual membership is $79. Call Matt at (813) 782-1777.
• Women-n-Charge: 11:30 a.m. on the first Friday of each month (except June and July when date will be second Friday of the month), Pebble Creek Country Club, 10550 Regents Park Drive, Tampa. Cost is $15 for members in advance, $18 for guests and at the door. Call Judy at (813) 600-9848.