SOUTHERN FULFILLMENT SERVICES RECEIVES CERTIFICATION: Southern Fulfillment Services was recently certified a Center of Excellence by BenchmarkPortal.
SFS is a best-in-class provider of outsourced order fulfillment, warehousing, direct marketing and customer service for any company shipping to consumers or businesses. SFS, a privately owned Florida-based company, is a full-service provider to national brands such as Meredith Corporation (Better Homes and Gardens, Ladies Home Journal, Family Circle and Parents), Hale Groves, Pittman & Davis, Red Cooper, and Max Brenner.
MEDICAL CENTER OF TRINITY INTRODUCES THERAPY DOGS: Medical Center of Trinity recently announced it has partnered with Bright & Beautiful Therapy Dogs to offer therapy dog visits to patients.
The program is currently being piloted in the fourth-floor nursing units. The dogs and their handlers are currently visiting patients two days a week with a goal to extend visits to three days per week. The local chapter currently offers seven certified therapy dogs and their handlers.
Bright & Beautiful Therapy Dogs is a nonprofit organization that evaluates, tests, trains and qualifies owners and their well-behaved dogs as therapy dog teams. For information, call (727) 834-4000 or visit MedicalCenterTrinity.com.
FACILITY EARNS MENTAL HEALTH DESIGNATION: North Tampa Behavioral Health was recently designated by Florida's Department of Children & Families as a private receiving facility for mental health (Baker Act) and as a private adult addictions receiving facility (AARF). Both designations serve adults only.
The east Pasco facility, located at 29910 Florida 56, Wesley Chapel, is easily accessed in the greater Tampa area and surrounding counties, including Hillsborough, Polk, Pinellas and Hernando. For information, visit NorthTampaBehavioralHealth.com.
EAST PASCO VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: SCORE Chapter 439 is looking for volunteers, especially those who reside on the east side of Pasco, to put their business skills to work helping local businesses. SCORE mentors donate their time and talent to small businesses.
For details, visit score439.org and click on "Volunteer."
TWO BUSINESS CONSULTANTS TO SERVE USF CONNECT: The Florida SBDC (Small Business Development Center) at University of South Florida has added two certified business consultants — Christopher Class and Jim Taylor — to its staff, to serve USF Connect. The FSBDC assists existing and emerging businesses through no-cost business consulting and low-cost training opportunities.
Class, who has a bachelor's degree in political science from the University of South Florida, a Six Sigma Black Belt Certification from St. Petersburg College, and a master's degree from Colorado Technical University, has more than 16 years of industry experience working with global brands in financial and legal services, health care and fashion retail management.
Taylor, a full-time certified business consultant, has 20 years experience as an entrepreneur. He owned a venture capital software firm, partnered in a venture capital funded investment management firm, consulted and instructed other entrepreneurs, and developed several products with patent and intellectual property partners. Taylor has a bachelor's degree in management from the University of Pittsburgh and a master's degree in finance from Duquesne University.
Class is available by appointment at USF Connect from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday. Taylor is available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. To schedule an appointment or for information, call (813) 974-5238 or visit SBDCTampaBay.com.
TOP AGENTS: Coldwell Banker F.I. Grey & Son Residential, 6330 U.S. 19, New Port Richey, has announced its top Realtors for February:
Team Maceda, whose members include Joseph P. Maceda Jr., Kristin Mizgorski, Rebecca Duffy and David Balderas, received the Top Listing Agents by Volume and the Top Listing Agents by Units awards.
Jon Bogdanowitz received the Top Selling Agent by Volume award.
Randal Jenkins received the Top Selling Agent by Units award.
Lynette Krull received the Top Producing Agent by Volume award.
Sean Riordan received the Top Producing Agent by Units award.
For information, call office manager Kelly Parker-Powell at (727) 495-2424.
MEDICAL CENTER APPOINTS CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER: Kenneth West was recently appointed chief operating officer at Medical Center of Trinity. West comes to the center from Chippenham/Johnson Willis Medical Center in Richmond, Va., where he served as associate chief operating officer.
West received his bachelor's degree from Louisiana State University and his master's degree in health systems administration from Georgetown University. He attended Georgetown University as an HCA Corris Boyd Scholar.
CHAMBER AMBASSADOR OF THE MONTH: The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce announced that David Gainer was chosen Ambassador of the Month for January. Gainer, of Digital Brainz, attends monthly meetings, mixers and committee meetings. He recently took on an important leadership role on the chamber's fourth annual Pigz in Z'Hills BBQ & Blues Fest committee.
SPRING IS IN THE AIR: Women's Connection of New Port Richey will present "Spring is in the Air," a musical program by Diane Greene during the regular monthly meeting, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey.
The program will be followed by Greene speaking on the topic: "Withered Relationships Blossomed Into a Fragrant Bouquet With Forgiveness." The cost is $15 and includes the program, luncheon and speaker. To reserve a spot, call Linda at (727) 856-4042.
HOSPITAL OFFERS TOUR: Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is offering a tour of its Electrophysiology lab. The Electrophysiology team will be on hand to discuss the newest minimally invasive technologies available as visitors tour the lab's procedural suite.
The event is free and open to the public. The presentation, sponsored by the Arrhythmia Center of Florida at RMCBP, will be from 2 to 2:30 p.m. Monday at the center's Entrance D, 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson.
To RSVP, call (727) 869-5498 or toll-free, at 1-855-534-4325.
CHAMBER RIBBON-CUTTINGS: The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have four ribbon-cuttings this week:
• Titan Medical Center, 2020 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity, at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday. Call John or Sharisse Tsikouris, (727) 389-3220.
• Simply Healthcare, at the Verizon Event Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey, at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday. Call Pam O'Toole, (727) 919-6201.
• Centratel, at the Verizon Event Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey, at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday. Call Gary Scarsbrook, (727) 319-0671.
• Cornerstone Air, Heating & Plumbing, at the Verizon Event Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey, at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday. Call Dana Spears, (813) 949-4445.
SMALL-BUSINESS CONSULTATIONS: Free consultations for small businesses and entrepreneurs are available by appointment from 9 to 11 a.m. on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month in the Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce conference room, 38550 Fifth Ave.
For information or to schedule an appointment, call toll-free 1-888-929-2221.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: SCORE Chapter 439 will present a series of free business seminars.
• "Using the Internet in Your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• "How to Really Start Your Business," 5:25 to 730 p.m. Wednesday, South Holiday Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Road, Holiday.
• "How to Apply for a Business Loan," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 4th St., Dade City.
• "Creating a Business Plan," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Regency Park Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• "How to Apply for a Business Loan," 5:25 to 7:30 p.m. March 18, Centennial Park Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• "Using the Internet in Your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 18, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• "Marketing to Grow your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 25, Land O'Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes.
• "How to Really Start Your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 27, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel.
To register, visit score439.org and click on the "Local Workshops" tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to email@example.com or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, in Regency Shopping Center, New Port Richey. Call Tony Nalli at (727) 858-7907.
• BNI Business by Referral: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Heritage Church, 1854 Oak Grove Blvd., Lutz. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. The cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• Catholic Business Network: 7:30 to 9 a.m. Tuesday at Our Lady of the Rosary, 2348 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes. All Christians welcome to network. Call Mary Ann Whallen at (813) 833-4737 or visit cbntampa.com.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 8 a.m. Tuesday at Village Inn, 5214 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills. Guest speaker: Brent Nye of Bill Nye, Century 21 Commercial Realty. The group meets on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month. Call Nils Lenz at (813) 782-9491.
• Business Development Council: 8:15 a.m. Tuesday at Cracker Barrel, 5341 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. The networking group, hosted by Cadence Bank, promotes individual business members. It meets the second Tuesday of each month. Call Crystal Menzie Olson at (727) 376-1030.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. Made up of professionals who promote one another's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• BNI Revenue Source: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. The group meets Wednesdays. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce's 'Join Us for Java': Quarterly membership meeting from 9 to 10 a.m. Wednesday at the chamber office, 38550 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills. Program: Learn more about resources and services available through the chamber. To RSVP, call (813) 782-1913.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• West Pasco Business Network: Noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Blue Dolphin, 8825 State Road 52, Hudson. For more information, visit westpascobusiness.org or call Joanne Grassi at (727) 856-9595.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursday at IHOP, 10740 State Road 54, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.