CHRISTMAS IN JULY: Traffic Advertising, Scott Fink and Hyundai of New Port Richey are working together to promote the Christmas in July donation drive at St. Joseph's Children's Hospital in Tampa. Fink, who serves on the board of directors, is a financial supporter of the hospital's foundation and the Christmas in July event, which runs from July 1 to 31.
The event will help provide entertainment and comfort to pediatric patients throughout the year.
There are several ways the public can help:
• Brighten the spirits of hospitalized kids by donating a patient experience, activity or distraction item online at StJosephsChristmas.org. Monetary donations can be made in any denomination.
• Become an event sponsor. Sponsorships start at $1,000.
• Start or join a Christmas in July team. Host an online fundraiser and enlist friends, family and co-workers to meet a goal.
• Become a community partner — get customers involved in Christmas in July through a donation of a percentage of sales, register campaigns or a spirit night.
• Drop off toys and donations in the circular drive in front of the hospital during the Christmas in July community event from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. July 31, at 3001 W Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Tampa.
For information, visit StJosephsChristmas.org or call (813) 872-0979.
LEADERSHIP PASCO SEEKS RECRUITS: Leadership Pasco is accepting applications until Monday for its class of 2016 from emerging and existing community leaders who live or work in Pasco County.
Class members will be chosen from a pool of applicants interested in learning about the issues facing Pasco County and committed to using their leadership abilities for the county's long-term benefit.
Applications are available online at leadershippasco.com. For information, call (727) 534-4280.
DISTINGUISHED SCHOLAR AND FELLOW NAMED: Stanley Giannet, the provost at Pasco-Hernando State College's Porter Campus at Wiregrass Ranch in Wesley Chapel, was recently elected to the National Academies of Practice and the Psychology Academy as a distinguished scholar and fellow.
Distinguished scholars and fellows are elected by their peers for their outstanding achievements and significant and enduring contributions to their profession.
Giannet was provost of PHSC's North Campus in Brooksville prior to his appointment as provost of PHSC's fifth full-service campus, Porter, which opened in January 2014. He has worked at the college since 1992, serving as dean of arts and sciences, as a full-time psychology faculty member and as an adjunct instructor.
new ASSISTANT MANAGER AT SAN ANTONIO STORE: Allison Hutchins has joined Campus Gear, 32745 State Road 52, San Antonio, as a part-time assistant manager.
Originally from Boston, Hutchins has a culinary arts degree from Newbury College in Massachusetts and worked in the field for 10 years.
BEAZER HOMES GRAND OPENING: Avalon Park West and Beazer Homes will host a grand opening carnival to showcase the home builder's new St. Augustine II model from noon to 4 p.m. Saturday at 5200 Autumn Ridge Drive, Wesley Chapel.
The event, which is free and open to the public, will include food and refreshments, music, a rock-climbing wall, a bungee bounce and pony rides, along with model home tours.
For information, call (813) 422-5549 or visit beazer.com.
WOMEN-N-CHARGE TO MEET: Women-n-Charge, whose mission, in part, is to support and assist professional women manage their businesses more effectively, will meet from 11:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. June 12 at Pebble Creek Country Club, 10550 Regents Park Drive, Tampa.
The cost is $15 for members paying in advance, $18 for guests or members at the door, and includes lunch. To RSVP, visit women-n-charge.com or call Judy at (813) 600-9848.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: SCORE Chapter 439 is presenting a series of free seminars.
• "Using the Internet in Your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• "Introduction to QuickBooks," 5 to 7 p.m. June 9, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• "E-Marketing Concepts," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. June 9, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• "Introduction to QuickBooks," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. June 10, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City.
To register and for additional information, visit score439.org and click on the Local Workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.