Pasco Business digest for May 6
CARDIOLOGIST BUYS MEDICAL OFFICE CONDO: Hold Thyssen, a commercial property firm based in Winter Park, recently completed the sale of a medical/professional office condo in the Bayonet Point Medical/Office building at 14100 Fivay Road, Hudson. Carol Kinnard, medical office specialist, brokered the transaction on behalf of the seller, Dr. Rodolfo Dy and Rosemarie Dy, and the buyer, Dr. Vinod Raxwal, a cardiologist with Access Healthcare Physicians. Raxwal had occupied the 1,227-square-foot suite for two years as a tenant upon establishing his practice with Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point in 2014.
CAREERSOURCE PASCO HERNANDO LAUNCHES INTERN PROGRAM: In order to connect employers and those seeking internship opportunities, CareerSource Pasco Hernando has created a website. The site — pascohernandointern.com — will provide a single location for employers and prospective interns to find open positions throughout Pasco and Hernando counties. The program provides opportunities for individuals who have completed occupational classroom skills training and need to gain job-related skills and knowledge. Based on a potential intern's eligibility, employers may benefit by being reimbursed between 50 percent and 80 percent of the intern's wages. The site provides opportunities not only to students and job-seekers, but also veterans.
DOCTOR LECTURES IN GEORGIA: Dr. Michael A. Pikos, a board-certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon and the founder of Coastal Jaw Surgery, recently lectured and provided hands-on training on Level I Botox and other neuromodulators for the American Academy of Facial Aesthetics during the annual Thomas P. Hinman Dental Meeting in Atlanta. Pikos' offices are at 2711 Tampa Road, Palm Harbor; 8845 Hawbuck St., Trinity, and 4372 Commercial Way, Spring Hill.
MANUFACTURING JOB FAIR: Pasco-Hernando State College's career and testing services and CareerSource Pasco Hernando are hosting a manufacturing job fair from 9 a.m. to noon Wednesday at the West Campus, Building R151, 10230 Ridge Road, New Port Richey. Job-seekers are encouraged to bring plenty of resumes. Participants will have the opportunity to visit with local manufacturing companies that will be on hand for questions, with some offering on-the-spot interviews. Job-seekers must register at phsc2016manufacturing.eventbrite.com. For information, call Jackie Eden at (727) 816-3381.
BizGROW2.0: The BizGROW2.0 conference and entrepreneur exchange will be from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday at Pasco-Hernando State College's Porter Campus at Wiregrass Ranch, 2727 Mansfield Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Hosted by the Pasco Economic Development Council, the event is an opportunity to connect with Tampa Bay businesses and entrepreneurs. Tickets are $30 if purchased by May 8 and $35 afterward. The conference is geared for local entrepreneurs, startups and business owners. To RSVP, call (813) 926-0827 or visit Pasco EDC.com/Events.
JOB-SEEKER WORKSHOP SERIES: Pasco-Hernando State College will host a job-seeker workshop series from 9 to 10 a.m. Thursdays in May at the West Campus, Room A205, 10230 Ridge Road, New Port Richey. The career-focused workshops are free and open to the public.
• Job Search Strategies, Thursday. Learn how to jump-start a job search.
• Resume Writing, May 19. Learn how to format a resume and use key words and phrases to increase the likelihood a hiring manager will read it.
• Interviewing Skills, May 26. Learn common interview protocols, tips and techniques, including how to dress professionally, proper body language during the interview and appropriate post-interview follow-up.
For information, call (727) 816-3334 or email Jacqueline Eden at email@example.com.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small business seminars.
• Intro to Microsoft Excel, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• Using the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City.
• How to Apply for a 501(c)(3), 2 to 4 p.m. Thursday, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• How to Really Start Your Own Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel.
To register, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the Local Workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
Share your business announcements by sending the details to Jean Hamilton, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos will not be returned.
© 2017 Tampa Bay Times
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Tony Nalli at (727) 858-7907.
• Women's Connection of New Port Richey: 11:30 a.m. the second Monday of each month (September through May) at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $15 and includes lunch and a speaker. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Anita at (727) 863-2126.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Verizon Event Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 815-7744.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 8 a.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month at Fresh Country Cafe, 5518 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills. Call Nils Lenz at (813) 782-9491.
• Business Development Council: 8:15 a.m. the second Tuesday of each month at Cracker Barrel, 5341 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. The networking group promotes individual business members. Call Crystal Menzie Olson at (727) 376-1030.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at the Royal Super Buffet, 9550 U.S. 19, Port Richey. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen. Membership is $10 per year. Call Myrtle at (727) 934-9993.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• Trinity Business Association: 6 to 7:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• BNI Platinum: 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Call Bob Nixon at (813) 263-5632.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. Email email@example.com.
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the first and third Wednesdays of each month at Hungry Harry's Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O'Lakes Blvd. A short networking presentation will be followed by a chance for all attendees to do a 30-second commercial. The event sponsor is Proly, Laporte & Mulligan P.A. Cost is $7 and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Keep It Local-Trinity Chapter: 8 a.m. Wednesdays at Havana Dreamers Cafe, 3104 Town Ave., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8 to 10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month. Location changes each month. For information or to RSVP, visit pascoagingnetwork.org. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.
• Keep It Local-Wesley Chapel Chapter: 8:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Lexington Oaks Golf & Country Club, 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Christian Women's Network Chapter: 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Cantina Laredo, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Keep It Local-New Port Richey Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Odessa/Trinity Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• West Pasco Business Network: noon to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Hibachi Buffet, 10421 U.S. 19, Port Richey. Call Joanne Grassi at (727) 856-9595.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursdays at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursdays at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Christian Business Connections of Central Pasco: 7:45 to 9:15 a.m. Thursdays at Quail Hollow Golf Club, 6225 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel. $9 per meeting, includes breakfast and beverages. Annual membership dues are $100. Call Rene Van Hout at (813) 300-7511.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursdays at IHOP, 10740 State Road 54, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Networking For Your Success: 8 a.m. Thursdays at Lexington Oaks Country Club, 2615 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Cost is $5 and includes a continental breakfast. Annual membership is $79. Call Matt at (813) 782-1777.
• Women-n-Charge: 11:30 a.m. on the first Friday of each month (except June and July when date will be second Friday of the month), Pebble Creek Country Club, 10550 Regents Park Drive, Tampa. Cost is $15 for members in advance, $18 for guests and at the door. Call Judy at (813) 600-9848.