Pasco Business Digest for Nov. 11
CHRISTMAS PARADE ENTRIES SOUGHT: The Greater Dade City Chamber of Commerce will host the 2016 Magical Night Christmas Parade on Dec. 2. Applications for seasonal floats, bands and walking units are available at the chamber's office at 14112 8th St., Dade City, or by visiting dadecitychamber.org and clicking on "chamber events/Christmas Parade."
DAY OF SERVICE: Cheryl M. Burbano, a financial adviser with Ameriprise Financial Services, will participate in the company's National Day of Service by supporting Feeding America Tampa Bay. From now until the end of November, Burbano's office, at 28943 State Road 54 in the Westbrook Professional Center, Wesley Chapel, will be collecting nonperishable food items (no glass containers) to help provide hunger relief. For information, call (813) 994-1190.
PHSC APPOINTS NEW ADMINISTRATORS: Pasco-Hernando State College recently named Kevin O'Farrell as provost of the Porter Campus at Wiregrass Ranch, Patricia Campbell as dean of arts and sciences, Billie Gabbard as dean of nursing and health programs and Sonia Thorn as associate dean of academic affairs and institutional accreditation.
O'Farrell most recently served PHSC as the associate dean of academic affairs and institutional accreditation, in addition to holding the position of interim dean of arts and sciences before beginning his new role on Oct. 10.
Campbell previously served six years as associate dean of academic affairs at Broward College in Davie.
Gabbard, a registered nurse, previously served as the dean of nursing at Fortis Institute and the associate dean of nursing at PHSC from 2009 to 2014.
Thorn previously was associate dean of academic affairs and retention services at the Porter Campus at Wiregrass Ranch.
MANUFACTURERS HONOR COMMISSIONER: The Upper Tampa Bay Manufacturers Association recently honored Pasco County Commission Chairwoman Kathryn Starkey with the Distinguished Manufacturing Service Award during the group's fourth Manufacturers Dinner. The award "goes to someone who has shown a lot of grit, passion and perseverance in improving manufacturing training in the region," said Jerry Custin, the association's director of business, manufacturing and education.
JOB SEARCH WORKSHOPS: Pasco-Hernando State College is hosting a series of job search strategy workshops from 3:30 to 4:45 p.m. on Mondays during November in Room A205 at the West Campus, 10230 Ridge Road, New Port Richey. The series is free and open to the public, and is designed to help job-seekers overcome the challenges of finding employment and refine interviewing skills.
• Resume Tips, Nov. 14.
• Interviewing Skills & Tips, Nov. 21.
For information, call Jacqueline Eden at (727) 816-3334.
COUNTRY FAIR: Women's Connection of New Port Richey will present its annual Country Fair from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 12 at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. The fair will be followed by a luncheon. The event includes music, door prizes, baked goods, a dollar table, a silent auction and raffles. The speaker will be Barbara Hatterner. The cost is $15 and includes the fair and luncheon. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Anita at (727) 863-2126.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINAR: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small business seminars.
• Legal Issues for Small Business, 5 to 7 p.m. Nov. 15 at Zephyrhills Branch Library, 5347 8th St., Zephyrhills.
• How to Apply for a Business Loan, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Nov. 15 at Centennial Park Branch Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• Creating a Successful Business Plan, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Nov. 15 at Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• How to Really Start Your Own Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Nov. 17 at New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel.
• Introduction to QuickBooks, 5 to 7 p.m. Nov. 30 at Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• How to Really Start Your Own Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Nov. 30 at South Holiday Branch Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive, Holiday.
To register and for information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the Local Workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hamilton, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to email@example.com or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
© 2017 Tampa Bay Times
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Tony Nalli at (727) 858-7907.
• Women's Connection of New Port Richey: 11:30 a.m. the second Monday of each month (September through May) at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $15 and includes lunch and a speaker. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Anita at (727) 863-2126.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Verizon Event Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 815-7744.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month at Fresh Country Cafe, 5518 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills. Call Nils Lenz at (813) 782-9491.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at the Royal Super Buffet, 9550 U.S. 19, Port Richey. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen. Membership is $10 per year. Call Myrtle at (727) 934-9993.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• Trinity Business Association: 6 to 7:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• BNI Platinum: 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Call Bob Nixon at (813) 263-5632.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the first and third Wednesdays of each month at Hungry Harry's Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O'Lakes Blvd. A short networking presentation will be followed by a chance for all attendees to do a 30-second commercial. The event sponsor is Proly, Laporte & Mulligan P.A. Cost is $7 and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Keep It Local-Trinity Chapter: 8 a.m. Wednesdays at Havana Dreamers Cafe, 3104 Town Ave., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8 to 10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month. Location changes each month. For information or to RSVP, visit pascoagingnetwork.org. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.
• Keep It Local-Wesley Chapel Chapter: 8:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Lexington Oaks Golf & Country Club, 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Christian Women's Network Chapter: 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Cantina Laredo, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Keep It Local-New Port Richey Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Odessa/Trinity Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• West Pasco Business Network: noon to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Hibachi Buffet, 10421 U.S. 19, Port Richey. Call Joanne Grassi at (727) 856-9595.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursdays at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursdays at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Christian Business Connections of Central Pasco: 7:45 to 9:15 a.m. Thursdays at Quail Hollow Golf Club, 6225 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel. Cost of $9 per meeting, includes breakfast and beverages. Annual membership dues are $100. Call Rene Van Hout at (813) 300-7511.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursdays at IHOP, 10740 State Road 54, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Networking For Your Success: 8 a.m. Thursdays at Lexington Oaks Country Club, 2615 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Cost is $5 and includes a continental breakfast. Annual membership is $79. Call Matt at (813) 782-1777.
• Women-n-Charge: 11:30 a.m. on the first Friday of each month, Pebble Creek Country Club, 10550 Regents Park Dr., Tampa. Cost is $15 for members in advance, $18 for guests and at the door. Call Judy at (813) 600-9848.