DADE CITY CHAMBER INITIATES DOWNTOWN STUDY: The Greater Dade City Chamber of Commerce, through its chamber's Business Development Committee, has retained Pride Consulting, a student-run organization at Saint Leo University that provides marketing services to businesses, to explore options for the future of downtown Dade City.
The chamber project will be managed by Saint Leo University business and MBA students who will help explore preliminary options for the downtown district. The project consists of identifying potential models for the district based on research with stakeholders conducted by the students, researching the characteristics of those models, and, ultimately, identifying a limited number of model communities which Dade City may emulate.
For information, call the chamber at (352) 567-3769.
HOSPITAL NAMED TOP PERFORMER: Florida Hospital Zephyrhills was named Top Performer on Key Quality Measures by the Joint Commission, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in America. FHZ was recognized for exemplary performance in using evidence-based clinical processes that are shown to improve care for certain conditions. The clinical processes focus on care for heart attack, pneumonia, surgery, children's asthma, stroke and venous thromboembolism, as well as inpatient psychiatric services.
For information, visit FloridaHospital.com/Zephyrhills.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: SCORE Chapter 439 is looking for volunteers to put their business skills to work helping local businesses. SCORE mentors donate their time and talent to small businesses. For details, visit score439.org and click on "Volunteer."
LIFECHOICES WOMEN'S CARE HIRES DIRECTOR OF ADVANCEMENT: Susan Connelly was recently hired as director of advancement at LifeChoices Women's Care in Lutz. Connelly has more than 12 years of marketing and public relations experience. She will be responsible for furthering the mission of the center, which offers free pregnancy testing, counseling and educational services to women of all ages. For information, call (813) 948-7734.
ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE INITIATIVE ELECTS NEW CHAIRWOMAN: Christine Lecher Powers, director of adult day services and business development for Community Aging and Retirement Services, also known as CARES, located at 12417 Clock Tower Parkway, Hudson, was recently elected chairwoman of the Alzheimer's Disease Initiative advisory committee.
Florida Legislators created the ADI within the Department of Elder Affairs in 1985. The ADI was developed to meet the needs of individuals and families with Alzheimer's disease and other related memory disorders. Under Florida statute, the ADI includes a 10-member advisory committee appointed by the governor.
For information, visit CARESfl.org.
SMALL-BUSINESS CONSULTATIONS: Free consultations for small businesses and entrepreneurs are available by appointment from 9 to 11 a.m. on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month in the Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce conference room at 38550 Fifth Ave.
The chamber offers the free and confidential consultations in partnership with the Small Business Development Center at the University of South Florida.
To get information or to schedule an appointment, call toll-free 1-888-929-2221.
AMBASSADOR LUNCHEON: West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have its Ambassador Luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday at Bob Evans, 9115 U.S. 19 N, Port Richey. Cost is $12 per person and includes tax, gratuity and beverage. The event sponsor is Bob Memoli, Florida Luxury Realty. RSVP to the chamber at (727) 842-7651.
CHAMBER RIBBON-CUTTING: The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have a ribbon-cutting for Synergy Ad Specialties, at Heritage Springs Country Club, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity, at 5:30 p.m. Thursday.
The event will be combined with the chamber's monthly After Five:00 Mixer from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. The event recognizes Synergy Ad Specialties' 30th anniversary.
To schedule a ribbon-cutting, call the chamber at (727) 842-7651.
ACCOUNTANTS MEET: The Nature Coast Chapter of the Florida Society of Accountants will meet at 5:30 p.m. Thursday at the IHOP restaurant, 3660 Commercial Way, Spring Hill.
The speaker is Shannon Sokolowski, executive director of the Dawn Center. Reservations are required. To RSVP, call Linda Walters at (352) 796-1233 by Wednesday.
Chapter meetings are normally held on the fourth Thursday of each month. However, due to the Thanksgiving holiday, the date was changed. Meetings are open to any accountant or tax professional in Hernando, Pasco and Citrus counties. For information, call Pat Cornett, (352) 597-3460.
FREE SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: SCORE Chapter 439 is presenting several free seminars.
• "How to Really Start Your Own Business," 5:15 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday , Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• "Marketing to Grow Your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Land O'Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes.
To register and for additional information, visit score439.org and click on the "Local Workshops" tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
Save the date
PIGZ IN Z'HILLS BBQ & BLUES: The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce's fourth annual Pigz in Z'Hills BBQ & Blues will be Jan. 18 at the Zephyrhills Municipal Airport, 39450 South Ave. Visit zephyrhillschamber.org.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to email@example.com or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, in Regency Shopping Center, New Port Richey. Call Tony Nalli at (727) 858-7907.
• BNI Business by Referral: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Heritage Church, 1854 Oak Grove Blvd., Lutz. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. The cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• Catholic Business Network: 7:30 to 9 a.m. Tuesday at Our Lady of the Rosary, 2348 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes. All Christians welcome to network. Call Mary Ann Whallen at (813) 833-4737 or visit cbntampa.com.
• Hudson Networking Group: West Pasco Chamber's business card and brochure exchange is from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at Atria Baypoint Village, 7927 State Road 52, Hudson. The event is sponsored by Read Wealth Management. The cost is $10. To RSVP, call the chamber at (727) 842-7651 by Monday.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the Royal Super Buffet, 9550 U.S. 19, Suite 1 (in the Chili's shopping center), Port Richey. Speaker: June Gustus, president/director of operations at Fortress Investigations. Cost is $9 per person and includes buffet lunch, beverage, tax and tip. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen who meet regularly on the third Tuesday of each month. Membership is $5 per year. Call Myrtle, (727) 934-9993.
• Trinity Business Association: 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• West Pasco Business Alliance: 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at Atria Baypoint Village, 7927 State Road 52, Hudson. Meets the third Tuesday of every month. The cost is $7 and includes lunch. Abby Hamilton, (813) 817-1905.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. Made up of professionals who promote one another's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• BNI Revenue Source: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. The group meets Wednesdays. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at Hungry Harry's Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O'Lakes Blvd. (in the Lakehouse). The event sponsor is C&C Insurance Solutions. The cost is $5 and includes breakfast. For information, call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Trinity Networking Group: West Pasco Chamber's business card and brochure exchange is from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Fox Hollow Golf Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. The event is sponsored by ABCO Graphics & Printing. The cost is $11. RSVP to the chamber at (727) 842-7651
• West Pasco Business Network: Noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Blue Dolphin, 8825 State Road 52, Hudson. For more information, visit westpascobusiness.org or call Bill Pearce at (727) 277-2617.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursday at IHOP, 10740 State Road 54, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Benchwarmers at Whiskey River Networking Group: West Pasco Chamber's business card and brochure exchange is from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at Benchwarmers at Whiskey River, 5245 Limestone Drive, Port Richey. Sponsored by A' Tax & Accounting Services. The cost is $10. RSVP to the chamber at (727) 842-7651 by Wednesday.