Pasco Business digest for Nov. 20
HOSPITALS EARN PATIENT SAFETY SCORE OF A: Medical Center of Trinity, 9330 State Road 54, Trinity, and Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, have both been recognized with an A safety score by the Leapfrog Group, an independent nonprofit organization run by employers and other large purchasers of health benefits.
DONATIONS NEEDED: Sealander Contractor Services, in conjunction with Florida Hospital of Zephyrhills, is reaching out to local Zephyrhills and Dade City businesses for donations of gently used clothing, shoes, toys and canned and boxed food items for the annual Community Outreach Day on Dec. 5. All donations will be distributed to local families during the holiday season. Items may be dropped off from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday at Sealander, 7130 Dairy Road, Zephyrhills. For information, call (813) 788-7000.
TOP REALTORS: Coldwell Banker F.I. Grey & Son Residential, 6330 U.S. 19, New Port Richey, has announced its top Realtors for October. Randal Jenkins received the awards for Top Listing Agent by Volume, Top Listing Agent by Units, Top Selling Agent by Volume and Top Selling Agent by Units. Sean Riordan was honored as the Top Producing Agent by Volume, and Carolyn Hill received the Top Producing Agent by Units award.
RIPA & ASSOCIATES REPRESENTED ON PASCO EDC BOARD: Chris LaFace, president of RIPA & Associates, recently joined the Pasco Economic Development Council board of directors. RIPA joined as a corporate council-level investor ($10,000). RIPA is a civil and utilities contractor. For information about the Pasco EDC and becoming an investor, visit PascoEDC.com or call (813) 926-0827.
DOCTOR JOINS OBSTETRICS & GYNECOLOGY OF TRINITY: Dr. Nay G. Hoche is the newest obstetrician and gynecologist at Obstetrics & Gynecology of Trinity, 9332 State Road 54, Suite 406, Trinity. Hoche comes to the office from Comprehensive Women's Health Care in Port Charlotte and North Port, where she served as an attending physician. She is fluent in English and proficient in Spanish, French and Arabic. For information, call (727) 376-3798.
BPW HOSTS HOLIDAY BAZAAR: Calusa Business & Professional Women will host its annual Holiday Bazaar from 4 to 7 p.m. today at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., New Port Richey. The event is free to attend and open to the public. It will include door prizes, hors d'oeuvres, a cash bar and lots of time for shopping. Calusa BPW has been in the west Pasco community for more than 30 years, helping to raise thousands of dollars for community programs and scholarships for women to advance their education and develop careers. For information, call (727) 856-9595.
SMARTSTART 5:01 FRIDAY: SMARTstart Pasco Incubators will host SMARTstart 5:01 Friday, a fun, laid-back meet-up with other business owners and community members, at 5:01 p.m. today at SMARTstart New Port Richey, 6345 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. Guest speakers will be Anthony Novak and Matt Tinkey with SAHM Co., a recent New Business of the Year award winner. Novak and Tinkey are considered CAD and 3-D printing experts and will provide a 3-D printer demonstration. Bring your own beverage. To RSVP, call (727) 478-0670.
BOOK SIGNING: Pasco resident Betsy Perry MacDonald will have a book signing from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9215 Little Road, Port Richey. The Vulnerable is a true story about MacDonald's biological Asperger autism brother who had millions of dollars stolen from him. The adopted sister, MacDonald, learned too late how vulnerable her newly reunited brother was.
Save the date
BBQ & BLUES FESTIVAL: The sixth annual Pigz in Z'Hill BBQ & Blues Festival will be from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Jan. 16 at Zephyrhills Municipal Airport, 39450 South Ave., Zephyrhills. As the name suggests, the event features a barbecue competition along with blues music. Visitors will be able to sample culinary creations by both professional and backyard competitors. There will be concessions, vendors, kids rides, classic cars and plenty of barbecue. Admission is free; parking is $10. The music will start at 11 a.m., with a lineup including Coldiron, Wendy Rich & the Soulshakers, the RJ Howson Band and Damon Fowler. For sponsorships and vendor information, visit zephyrhillschamber.org.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to [email protected] or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
© 2017 Tampa Bay Times
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Tony Nalli at (727) 858-7907.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. Cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 8 a.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month at Rose's Cafe, 38426 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills. Call Nils Lenz at (813) 782-9491.
• Business Development Council: 8:15 a.m. the second Tuesday of each month at Cracker Barrel, 5341 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. The networking group promotes individual business members. Call Crystal Menzie Olson at (727) 376-1030.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at the Golden Corral Restaurant, 8928 U.S. 19, Port Richey. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen. Membership is $5 per year. Call Myrtle at (727) 934-9993.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30-6:30 p.m. Tuesdays at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• Trinity Business Association: 6-7:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• BNI Platinum: 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Call Bob Nixon at (813) 263-5632.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. Email [email protected]
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the first and third Wednesdays of each month at Hungry Harry's Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O'Lakes Blvd. A short networking presentation will be followed by a chance for all attendees to do a 30-second commercial. The event sponsor is Proly, Laporte & Mulligan P.A. Cost is $7 and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Keep It Local-Trinity Chapter: 8 a.m. Wednesdays at Havana Dreamers Cafe, 3104 Town Ave., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8-10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month. Location changes each month. For information or to RSVP, visit pascoagingnetwork.org. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.
• Keep It Local-Wesley Chapel Chapter: 8:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Lexington Oaks Golf & Country Club, 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Christian Women's Network Chapter: 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Cantina Laredo, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Keep It Local-New Port Richey Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Odessa/Trinity Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• West Pasco Business Network: noon to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Hibachi Buffet, 10421 U.S. 19, Port Richey. Call Joanne Grassi at (727) 856-9595.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursdays at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15-9 a.m. Thursdays at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Christian Business Connections of Central Pasco: 7:45-9:15 a.m. Thursdays at Quail Hollow Golf Club, 6225 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel. $9 per meeting, includes breakfast and beverages. Annual membership dues are $100. Call Rene Van Hout at (813) 300-7511.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursdays at IHOP, 10740 State Road 54, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Networking For Your Success: 8 a.m. Thursdays at Lexington Oaks Country Club, 2615 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Cost is $5 and includes a continental breakfast. Annual membership is $79. Call Matt at (813) 782-1777.
• Women-n-Charge: 11:30 a.m. on the first Friday of each month (except June and July when date will be second Friday of the month), Pebble Creek Country Club, 10550 Regents Park Drive, Tampa. Cost is $15 for members in advance, $18 for guests and at the door. Call Judy at (813) 600-9848.