MILITARY FRIENDLY SCHOOL: Saint Leo University recently earned the 2017 Military Friendly School designation by Victory Media, publisher of G.I. Jobs, STEM Jobs, and Military Spouse Magazine. Each year a list of military-friendly schools is provided to service members and their families, helping them select the best college, university or trade school. For information, visit militaryfriendly.com.
LONGHORN STEAKHOUSE OPENS IN WESLEY CHAPEL: LongHorn Steakhouse opened its newest location Nov. 14 at 2647 Creek Grass Way. The restaurant is open 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday through Thursday, and 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday. For information, call (813) 909-0003.
COMMON GROUNDS STARTUP SERIES: The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will offer a monthly Common Grounds Startup series 9 to 10 a.m. on the second Wednesday of each month, at SMARTstart Dade City, 37837 Meridian Ave., Suite 309, Dade City. Coffee and networking start at 8:30 a.m. The next date is Dec. 14. Each month two individuals will present a five-minute pitch and introduce their business ideas to the local entrepreneurial community. Each pitch will be followed by a question-and-answer/feedback opportunity. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and will be considered each month. For information, visit https://www.eventbrite.com/e/common-grounds-startup-presentations-tickets-28788940496.
NEW HOSPITAL ENTRANCE TO OPEN: Morton Plant North Bay Hospital invites the community to its annual holiday lights event, which will also serve as the grand opening of its new hospital entrance. The free, family-friendly event will be 5:30 to 8 p.m. Dec. 8 at the Medical Arts Building, 6633 Forest Ave., New Port Richey. Activities include: tree lighting, children's activities, arts and crafts, entertainment and holiday music, photos with Santa, treats, giveaways, snacks, refreshments and tours of the new entrance and lobby. To RSVP, call (727) 253-4206.
GULF VIEW SQUARE OFFERS HOLIDAY EVENTS: Gulf View Square mall has announced plans for several holiday events through Dec. 24:
• Kids can have their photos taken with Santa in center court until Dec. 24. During November, hours are from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday (except Thanksgiving), 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays and noon to 6 p.m. Sundays. During December, hours will be from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Dec. 1 and 11; 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Dec. 2, 3, 5, 6 and 7; 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Dec. 4; 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Dec. 8-10, 12-17 and 19-23; 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Dec. 18, and 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Dec. 24.
• Sunburst Christmas Pageant, 11 a.m. Dec. 3 in the Dillard's wing.
• KidX Club's Breakfast with Santa, 9 to 10 a.m. Dec. 3.
• Sensitive Santa, 9 to 11 a.m. Dec. 4.
• Pet photos with Santa, 6 to 8 p.m. Dec. 11.
For information, call (727) 848-3600 or visit shopgulfviewsquare.com.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINAR: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small business seminars.
• Introduction to QuickBooks, 5 to 7 p.m. Nov. 30 at Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Dr., Spring Hill.
• How to Really Start Your Own Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Nov. 30 at South Holiday Branch Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive, Holiday.
To register and for information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hamilton, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to [email protected] or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.