Pasco Business digest for Nov. 25
Kirsty Churchill | Special to the Times
FURNITURE SHOP OPENS: Gulfside Hospice held a grand opening and ribbon-cutting ceremony for its newest thrift store, the Gulfside Zephyrhills Furniture Shoppe, 36504 State Road 54, Zephyrhills, on Oct. 28. The specialty store is extension of the five existing Gulfside Hospice Thrift Shoppes and showcases furniture, art, home furnishings and appliances. The store will accept donations of furniture, home furnishings, artwork and appliances during store hours, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Donations benefit Gulfside Hospice & Pasco Palliative Care. For information, call (800) 561-4883.
MILITARY FRIENDLY SCHOOL: Saint Leo University recently earned the 2017 Military Friendly School designation by Victory Media, publisher of G.I. Jobs, STEM Jobs, and Military Spouse Magazine. Each year a list of military-friendly schools is provided to service members and their families, helping them select the best college, university or trade school. For information, visit militaryfriendly.com.
LONGHORN STEAKHOUSE OPENS IN WESLEY CHAPEL: LongHorn Steakhouse opened its newest location Nov. 14 at 2647 Creek Grass Way. The restaurant is open 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday through Thursday, and 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday. For information, call (813) 909-0003.
COMMON GROUNDS STARTUP SERIES: The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will offer a monthly Common Grounds Startup series 9 to 10 a.m. on the second Wednesday of each month, at SMARTstart Dade City, 37837 Meridian Ave., Suite 309, Dade City. Coffee and networking start at 8:30 a.m. The next date is Dec. 14. Each month two individuals will present a five-minute pitch and introduce their business ideas to the local entrepreneurial community. Each pitch will be followed by a question-and-answer/feedback opportunity. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and will be considered each month. For information, visit https://www.eventbrite.com/e/common-grounds-startup-presentations-tickets-28788940496.
NEW HOSPITAL ENTRANCE TO OPEN: Morton Plant North Bay Hospital invites the community to its annual holiday lights event, which will also serve as the grand opening of its new hospital entrance. The free, family-friendly event will be 5:30 to 8 p.m. Dec. 8 at the Medical Arts Building, 6633 Forest Ave., New Port Richey. Activities include: tree lighting, children's activities, arts and crafts, entertainment and holiday music, photos with Santa, treats, giveaways, snacks, refreshments and tours of the new entrance and lobby. To RSVP, call (727) 253-4206.
GULF VIEW SQUARE OFFERS HOLIDAY EVENTS: Gulf View Square mall has announced plans for several holiday events through Dec. 24:
• Kids can have their photos taken with Santa in center court until Dec. 24. During November, hours are from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday (except Thanksgiving), 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays and noon to 6 p.m. Sundays. During December, hours will be from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Dec. 1 and 11; 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Dec. 2, 3, 5, 6 and 7; 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Dec. 4; 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Dec. 8-10, 12-17 and 19-23; 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Dec. 18, and 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Dec. 24.
• Sunburst Christmas Pageant, 11 a.m. Dec. 3 in the Dillard's wing.
• KidX Club's Breakfast with Santa, 9 to 10 a.m. Dec. 3.
• Sensitive Santa, 9 to 11 a.m. Dec. 4.
• Pet photos with Santa, 6 to 8 p.m. Dec. 11.
For information, call (727) 848-3600 or visit shopgulfviewsquare.com.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINAR: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small business seminars.
• Introduction to QuickBooks, 5 to 7 p.m. Nov. 30 at Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Dr., Spring Hill.
• How to Really Start Your Own Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Nov. 30 at South Holiday Branch Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive, Holiday.
To register and for information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hamilton, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
© 2017 Tampa Bay Times
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Tony Nalli at (727) 858-7907.
• Women's Connection of New Port Richey: 11:30 a.m. the second Monday of each month (September through May) at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $15 and includes lunch and a speaker. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Anita at (727) 863-2126.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Verizon Event Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 815-7744.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month at Fresh Country Cafe, 5518 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills. Call Nils Lenz at (813) 782-9491.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at the Royal Super Buffet, 9550 U.S. 19, Port Richey. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen. Membership is $10 per year. Call Myrtle at (727) 934-9993.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• Trinity Business Association: 6 to 7:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• BNI Platinum: 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Call Bob Nixon at (813) 263-5632.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. Email email@example.com.
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the first and third Wednesdays of each month at Hungry Harry's Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O'Lakes Blvd. A short networking presentation will be followed by a chance for all attendees to do a 30-second commercial. The event sponsor is Proly, Laporte & Mulligan P.A. Cost is $7 and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Keep It Local-Trinity Chapter: 8 a.m. Wednesdays at Havana Dreamers Cafe, 3104 Town Ave., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8 to 10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month. Location changes each month. For information or to RSVP, visit pascoagingnetwork.org. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.
• Keep It Local-Wesley Chapel Chapter: 8:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Lexington Oaks Golf & Country Club, 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Christian Women's Network Chapter: 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Cantina Laredo, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Keep It Local-New Port Richey Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Odessa/Trinity Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• West Pasco Business Network: noon to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Hibachi Buffet, 10421 U.S. 19, Port Richey. Call Joanne Grassi at (727) 856-9595.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursdays at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursdays at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Christian Business Connections of Central Pasco: 7:45 to 9:15 a.m. Thursdays at Quail Hollow Golf Club, 6225 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel. Cost of $9 per meeting, includes breakfast and beverages. Annual membership dues are $100. Call Rene Van Hout at (813) 300-7511.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursdays at IHOP, 10740 State Road 54, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Networking For Your Success: 8 a.m. Thursdays at Lexington Oaks Country Club, 2615 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Cost is $5 and includes a continental breakfast. Annual membership is $79. Call Matt at (813) 782-1777.
• Women-n-Charge: 11:30 a.m. on the first Friday of each month, Pebble Creek Country Club, 10550 Regents Park Dr., Tampa. Cost is $15 for members in advance, $18 for guests and at the door. Call Judy at (813) 600-9848.