NASA AWARDS CONTRACT TO LOCAL COMPANY: Quantum Measurements Corp., 17207 U.S. 41, Spring Hill, was awarded a sole-source contract from NASA at the Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Ala., to provide the primary standard load and force deadweight calibration system, according to company president Myles Friedland.
The system will be utilized to calibrate the load sensors to test the new SLS Deep Space Rocket, measuring the thrust and launch forces. The rocket is being built in Huntsville by Boeing.
Quantum Measurements has a more than 30-year history of supplying sensors and calibration systems to NASA at several locations.
BIRTHDAY BASH: Greater New Port Richey Main Street will mark its 25th year with a celebration beginning at 6 p.m. Oct. 14 at Dulcet Restaurant & Lounge, 6220 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey.
Advance ticket sales only. Tickets are $35 per person, which includes dinner, a cash bar, installation of new officers and awards. Checks should be made payable to: Greater New Port Richey Main Street, 6105 Main St., New Port Richey, FL 34653, and include the name of the attendee on or with the check. To pay by credit card, call (727) 842-8066. For information, call Pat Ammons, (727) 992-2827.
NETWORKING GROUP TO HOST COMMUNITY EXPO: The Trinity Positive Business Network will host a community expo, 5 to 7 p.m. Oct. 14 at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, Port Richey.
Proceeds will benefit Oasis Pregnancy Care Centers. The expo is open to the public and free to attend. The network will be collecting nonperishable food items as well for the Volunteer Way. The group's meetings are open to the public and guests are welcome. Meetings are at 8:30 a.m. Mondays. For information, call Kelly Steen at (727) 992-1491, ext. 104.
CO.STARTERS CLASS COMES TO NEW PORT RICHEY: On the heels of this summer's successful first run, the Pasco Economic Development Council will offer a second session of Co.Starters, a nationally renowned program that helps entrepreneurs turn an idea into a new business in just 10 weeks.
The session will begin at 6 p.m. Oct. 12 at the SMARTstart Pasco Business Incubator, 6345 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey.
Program participants will work with a small and supportive group of like-minded people who are all trying to start a business.
Entrepreneurs interested in participating may register at bit.ly/costarters. An introductory registration fee of $295 covers all 10 weeks of instruction and supporting materials. The deadline to apply is today.
Save the date
COMMUNITY AND BUSINESS EXPO: The Greater Dade City Chamber of Commerce will host the 2015 Community and Business Expo from 4 to 7 p.m. Nov. 12 at Dan Cannon Auditorium at the Pasco County Fairgrounds, 36722 State Road 52, Dade City.
Exhibitors are welcome. Information is available at dadecitychamber.org.
The expo, which will feature business exhibitors, entertainment, demonstrations, free food samples and door prizes, is free. For information, call the chamber at (352) 567-3769.
BBQ & BLUES FESTIVAL: The sixth annual Pigz in Z'Hill BBQ & Blues Festival will be from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Jan. 16 at Zephyrhills Municipal Airport, 39450 South Ave., Zephyrhills.
For sponsorships and vendor information, visit zephyrhillschamber.org.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINAR: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small business seminars.
• Intro to Microsoft Excel, 1 to 3 p.m. Tuesday, SMARTstart New Port Richey, 6345 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey.
• In Search of WOW, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• Developing a Board for Nonprofits, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday, Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville.
• Legal Choices for Small Businesses, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Zephyrhills.
To register and for information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the Local Workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to email@example.com or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Tony Nalli at (727) 858-7907.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. Cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 8 a.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month at Rose's Cafe, 38426 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills. Call Nils Lenz at (813) 782-9491.
• Business Development Council: 8:15 a.m. the second Tuesday of each month at Cracker Barrel, 5341 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. The networking group promotes individual business members. Call Crystal Menzie Olson at (727) 376-1030.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at the Golden Corral Restaurant, 8928 U.S. 19, Port Richey. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen. Membership is $5 per year. Call Myrtle at (727) 934-9993.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30-6:30 p.m. Tuesdays at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• Trinity Business Association: 6-7:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• BNI Platinum: 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Call Bob Nixon at (813) 263-5632.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the first and third Wednesdays of each month at Hungry Harry's Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O'Lakes Blvd. A short networking presentation will be followed by a chance for all attendees to do a 30-second commercial. The event sponsor is Proly, Laporte & Mulligan P.A. Cost is $7 and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Keep It Local-Trinity Chapter: 8 a.m. Wednesdays at Havana Dreamers Cafe, 3104 Town Ave., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8-10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month. Location changes each month. For information or to RSVP, visit pascoagingnetwork.org. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.
• Keep It Local-Wesley Chapel Chapter: 8:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Lexington Oaks Golf & Country Club, 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Christian Women's Network Chapter: 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Cantina Laredo, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Keep It Local-New Port Richey Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Odessa/Trinity Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• West Pasco Business Network: noon to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Hibachi Buffet, 10421 U.S. 19, Port Richey. Call Joanne Grassi at (727) 856-9595.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursdays at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15-9 a.m. Thursdays at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Christian Business Connections of Central Pasco: 7:45-9:15 a.m. Thursdays at Quail Hollow Golf Club, 6225 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel. $9 per meeting, includes breakfast and beverages. Annual membership dues are $100. Call Rene Van Hout at (813) 300-7511.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursdays at IHOP, 10740 State Road 54, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Networking For Your Success: 8 a.m. Thursdays at Lexington Oaks Country Club, 2615 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Cost is $5 and includes a continental breakfast. Annual membership is $79. Call Matt at (813) 782-1777.
• Women-n-Charge: 11:30 a.m. on the first Friday of each month (except June and July when date will be second Friday of the month), Pebble Creek Country Club, 10550 Regents Park Drive, Tampa. Cost is $15 for members in advance, $18 for guests and at the door. Call Judy at (813) 600-9848.