PASCO HOUSING AUTHORITY RECOGNIZED: The Pasco County Housing Authority was recently notified by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development that the agency had received a "high performer" designation in the Public Housing Assessment System Scoring Report. The HUD report is a collective system that the department uses to assess a public housing authority's performance in managing its low-rent public housing programs. The score is comprised of a combination of four categories: physical, financial and management assessment, and the capital fund program.
HOSPITAL APPOINTS DIRECTOR: Registered nurse Marjorie H. Freeman was recently appointed director of Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point's neuro-spine orthopedics program.
Freeman, a certified medical surgical registered nurse, most recently served as clinical director of the medical surgical unit and program coordinator of the joint replacement center at Integris Baptist Medical Center in Oklahoma City, Okla.
INTERNSHIP AND JOB FAIR: Pasco-Hernando State College's career and testing services and CareerSource Pasco Hernando will host a two-day internship and job fair at PHSC's West Campus, 10230 Ridge Road, New Port Richey, on Sept. 7 and 8. Participants can get resume and interviewing tips from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. Sept. 7 in Building M101. Attendees will have the opportunity to meet with representatives of more than 40 for-profit, government and nonprofit organizations from 9 a.m. to noon Sept. 8 in Building R151. Job seekers are encouraged to bring resumes and must register at jobandinternfair.eventbrite.com. The event is open to the public. For information, call (727) 816-3381.
RIBBON-CUTTING: The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will have a ribbon-cutting for the Conservative Club of East Pasco at 12:15 p.m. Wednesday at 38438 5th Ave., Zephyrhills. In addition, an open house will be held and light refreshments will be served. To RSVP, call (813) 782-1913.
SMARTSTART CO. STARTERS: SMARTstart Pasco Incubators will host its next 10-week SMARTstart CO.STARTERS session from 9 a.m. to noon every Saturday, beginning Sept. 10, at the Greater Wesley Chapel Chamber of Commerce, 6013 Wesley Grove Blvd., Wesley Chapel. The deadline to register is 4 p.m. Wednesday. Led by a trained coach in a small, supportive group setting, attendees will gain insights, relationships and tools needed to turn business ideas into action. The event, co-sponsored by the Greater Wesley Chapel Chamber of Commerce, is ideal for established business owners wanting to take their company to the next level or aspiring entrepreneurs looking to launch their first business. Cost is $295 and includes 10 weeks of instruction and materials. To register, visit pascoedc.com/incubator/events/co-starters/.
LUNCH AND LEARN: SMARTstart Pasco Incubators will host a free Lunch and Learn event on the topic of payroll and taxes from 12:20 to 1:30 p.m. Sept. 13 at the SMARTstart Dade City business incubator, 15000 Citrus County Drive, Suite 103, Dade City. The event will be presented by Confidex Payroll Solutions. Those attending should bring lunch. Drinks and dessert will be provided. To register, visit eventbrite.com/e/lunch-and-learn-tickets-26876429123.
SECRETS OF BODY LANGUAGE: SMARTstart Pasco Incubators will host "The Secrets of Body Language" from 2 to 3 p.m. Sept. 21 at the SMARTstart Dade City business incubator, 15000 Citrus County Drive, Suite 103, Dade City.
The seminar is free. The instructor will be Jackie Eden of Pasco-Hernando State College. To register, visit eventbrite.com/e/secrets-of-body-language-to-improve-success-tickets-26881871401.
MEMBERSHIP APPRECIATION BANQUET: The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will have its 55th annual Membership Appreciation & Community Awards Banquet from 6 to 9 p.m. Sept. 22 at St. Joseph's Parish Center, 38750 5th Ave., Zephyrhills. The event will recognize leadership in the community. Honorees and members will be treated to an evening of music and dinner. The premier sponsor is Florida Hospital Zephyr-hills. For information, call (813) 782-1913.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINAR: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free seminars.
• Internet Marketing, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday at New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel.
• Introduction to QuickBooks, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday at Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• How to Develop a Nonprofit Board, from 5 to 7 p.m. Sept. 13 at Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• How to Really Start Your Own Business, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 14 at Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City.
To register and for information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the Local Workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hamilton, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to [email protected] or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Tony Nalli at (727) 858-7907.
• Women's Connection of New Port Richey: 11:30 a.m. the second Monday of each month (September through May) at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $15 and includes lunch and a speaker. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Anita at (727) 863-2126.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Verizon Event Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 815-7744.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month at Fresh Country Cafe, 5518 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills. Call Nils Lenz at (813) 782-9491.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at the Royal Super Buffet, 9550 U.S. 19, Port Richey. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen. Membership is $10 per year. Call Myrtle at (727) 934-9993.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• Trinity Business Association: 6 to 7:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• BNI Platinum: 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Call Bob Nixon at (813) 263-5632.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. Email [email protected]
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the first and third Wednesdays of each month at Hungry Harry's Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O'Lakes Blvd. A short networking presentation will be followed by a chance for all attendees to do a 30-second commercial. The event sponsor is Proly, Laporte & Mulligan P.A. Cost is $7 and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Keep It Local-Trinity Chapter: 8 a.m. Wednesdays at Havana Dreamers Cafe, 3104 Town Ave., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8 to 10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month. Location changes each month. For information or to RSVP, visit pascoagingnetwork.org. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.
• Keep It Local-Wesley Chapel Chapter: 8:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Lexington Oaks Golf & Country Club, 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Christian Women's Network Chapter: 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Cantina Laredo, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Keep It Local-New Port Richey Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Odessa/Trinity Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• West Pasco Business Network: noon to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Hibachi Buffet, 10421 U.S. 19, Port Richey. Call Joanne Grassi at (727) 856-9595.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursdays at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursdays at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Christian Business Connections of Central Pasco: 7:45 to 9:15 a.m. Thursdays at Quail Hollow Golf Club, 6225 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel. Cost of $9 per meeting, includes breakfast and beverages. Annual membership dues are $100. Call Rene Van Hout at (813) 300-7511.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursdays at IHOP, 10740 State Road 54, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Networking For Your Success: 8 a.m. Thursdays at Lexington Oaks Country Club, 2615 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Cost is $5 and includes a continental breakfast. Annual membership is $79. Call Matt at (813) 782-1777.
• Women-n-Charge: 11:30 a.m. on the first Friday of each month, Pebble Creek Country Club, 10550 Regents Park Dr., Tampa. Cost is $15 for members in advance, $18 for guests and at the door. Call Judy at (813) 600-9848.