BUSINESS SPONSORSHIPS NEEDED: VisitPasco and the Greater Wesley Chapel Chamber of Commerce is seeking sponsors to partner with the county to help support the annual Dick's Sporting Goods Tournament of Champions, a national lacrosse championship, which will take place Dec. 29 to 31 at the Wesley Chapel District Park, 7727 Boyette Road, Wesley Chapel.
With more than 3,000 visitors, the event will have an economic impact of about $3 million in the region. Local businesses are needed to sponsor on-site activities and advertisements. Opportunities are being offered to market to the participants and their families while they are staying in Pasco County. For information about the event, visit ndplacrosse.com/?tabid=493987. For information about Pasco County tourism, visit visitpasco.net.
LUXURY HOME MARKETING SPECIALIST DESIGNATION EARNED: Paul Virgadamo, a broker associate with Keller Williams Realty-Clearwater/Trinity, has earned the certified luxury home marketing specialist designation. The designation, owned and registered by the Institute for Luxury Home Marketing, recognizes residential real estate professionals who have demonstrated experience and proficiency in working with affluent customers. The designation recognizes professionals who have provided verified and notarized documentation of performance reflecting sales in the top 10 percent of their given market.
OPEN HOUSE AND FALL FESTIVAL: Florida Hospital Prompt Care, 12880 U.S. 301, Dade City, will have a community open house and fall festival from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday. During the event, visitors will be able meet doctors and tour the facility. There will be free hamburgers, hot dogs, black bean burgers, chips, drinks, snow cones, a bounce house and pumpkin decorating, and vouchers for free flu shots for the first 100 guests. Open to the public. For information, call (352) 567-3325.
SMARTSTART CO. STARTERS: SMARTstart Pasco Incubators will host its next 10-week SMARTstart CO.STARTERS session from 6 to 9 p.m. every Tuesday, beginning Oct. 11, at the SMARTstart Pasco Business Incubator, 37837 Meridian Ave., Dade City. The deadline to register is Oct. 7. Led by a trained coach in a small, supportive group setting, attendees will gain insights, relationships and tools needed to turn business ideas into action. The event, co-sponsored by the Greater Wesley Chapel Chamber of Commerce, is ideal for established business owners wanting to take their company to the next level or aspiring entrepreneurs looking to launch their first business. The cost is $295 and includes 10 weeks of instruction and materials. To register, visit smartstartpasco.com.
GOLF TOURNAMENT BENEFITS GULFSIDE HOSPICE: Wells Fargo Advisors of Trinity will host its third annual golf tournament to benefit Gulfside Hospice on Oct. 24. The four-person scramble will be at Cypress Run Golf Club, 2669 St. Andrews Blvd., Tarpon Springs. Lunch and registration begin at 11 a.m., with a shotgun start at 1 p.m. The cost is $125 for individual golfers and $500 per foursome, which includes lunch, dinner, auction and golf. There will be a hole-in-one prize and contests for longest drive, closest to the pin and beat the pro. Pre-registration is available at firstgiving.com/GulfsideHospice/golf2016 or call Carla Armstrong toll-free 1-800-561-4883. Tournament sponsorships start at $200.
CAREER FAIR: A career fair will take place from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Oct. 27 at Rasmussen College, 18600 Fernview St., Land O'Lakes. Attendees are encouraged bring multiple copies of their resume, dress professionally and be ready to network. The event is free, and all interested local job seekers are invited to attend. For information, call (813) 246-7617. To register, visit eventbrite.com/e/career-expo-tickets-27733068354.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINAR: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small business seminars.
• Understanding a Franchise Business, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at Centennial Park Branch Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• Using the Internet in Your Business, from 5 to 7 p.m. Oct. 11, at Spring Hill Branch, Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
To register and for information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the Local Workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Tony Nalli at (727) 858-7907.
• Women's Connection of New Port Richey: 11:30 a.m. the second Monday of each month (September through May) at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $15 and includes lunch and a speaker. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Anita at (727) 863-2126.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Verizon Event Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 815-7744.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month at Fresh Country Cafe, 5518 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills. Call Nils Lenz at (813) 782-9491.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at the Royal Super Buffet, 9550 U.S. 19, Port Richey. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen. Membership is $10 per year. Call Myrtle at (727) 934-9993.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• Trinity Business Association: 6 to 7:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• BNI Platinum: 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Call Bob Nixon at (813) 263-5632.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the first and third Wednesdays of each month at Hungry Harry's Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O'Lakes Blvd. A short networking presentation will be followed by a chance for all attendees to do a 30-second commercial. The event sponsor is Proly, Laporte & Mulligan P.A. Cost is $7 and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Keep It Local-Trinity Chapter: 8 a.m. Wednesdays at Havana Dreamers Cafe, 3104 Town Ave., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8 to 10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month. Location changes each month. For information or to RSVP, visit pascoagingnetwork.org. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.
• Keep It Local-Wesley Chapel Chapter: 8:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Lexington Oaks Golf & Country Club, 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Christian Women's Network Chapter: 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Cantina Laredo, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Keep It Local-New Port Richey Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Odessa/Trinity Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• West Pasco Business Network: noon to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Hibachi Buffet, 10421 U.S. 19, Port Richey. Call Joanne Grassi at (727) 856-9595.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursdays at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursdays at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Christian Business Connections of Central Pasco: 7:45 to 9:15 a.m. Thursdays at Quail Hollow Golf Club, 6225 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel. Cost of $9 per meeting, includes breakfast and beverages. Annual membership dues are $100. Call Rene Van Hout at (813) 300-7511.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursdays at IHOP, 10740 State Road 54, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Networking For Your Success: 8 a.m. Thursdays at Lexington Oaks Country Club, 2615 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Cost is $5 and includes a continental breakfast. Annual membership is $79. Call Matt at (813) 782-1777.
• Women-n-Charge: 11:30 a.m. on the first Friday of each month, Pebble Creek Country Club, 10550 Regents Park Dr., Tampa. Cost is $15 for members in advance, $18 for guests and at the door. Call Judy at (813) 600-9848.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hamilton, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to email@example.com or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.