The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce announces the "What do you love about Pasco?" contest, sponsored by the Tampa Bay Times.
Are you passionate about Pasco? What do you love the most? The people, landscape or special events? Share your passion for Pasco in 100 words or less, and be entered into a drawing to win $1,000 in restaurant gift certificates.
The winner will receive a $100 gift certificate for each of the following locations: Benedetto's Ristorante Italiano, Blarney Stone Irish Pub & Eatery, Kafe Kokopelli, Catches Waterfront Grille, Dickey's Barbecue Pit, Manolo's Italian Restaurant, Inn on the Gulf, Pappas Ranch, Pearl in the Grove and Sioux City Steakhouse.
Email what makes you passionate about Pasco to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 24, or mail to: Times Publishing Company/Tampa Bay Times/Pasco Times, "Passionate about Pasco" Promotion, 26240 Golden Maple Loop, Wesley Chapel, FL 33543.
For official rules, visit tampabay.com/passionateaboutpasco. No purchase necessary. The winner will be announced Aug. 10.
Dr. Lalana Babugowda, board certified family practice physician, has opened a new office at 13235 State Road 52, Hudson.
Babugowda completed residency training in 1997 at the University of Illinois at Chicago. She graduated from medical school at Government Medical College, Gulbarga University, Bellary, India. She completed residency training in obstetrics and gynecology in India.
Babugowda moved to Florida to work with Access Healthcare in September 2011 after practicing in Illinois for 14 years. She is board certified by the American Board of Family Practice.
For information or to make an appointment, call (727) 378-8503.
Lennar and Universal American Mortgage Corp. will host a Home Buyer's Expo from noon to 2 p.m. today at Thousand Oaks, 9885 Trumpet Vine Loop off Trinity Boulevard, south of State Road 54, Trinity.
The event is free and open to the public. Mortgage lending professionals from UAMC and new home counselors from Lennar will be on hand to offer free credit evaluations and answer questions about mortgage loans, interest rates and financing options. Home buyers at the expo can get prequalified to find out how much they can afford.
Lunch will be provided. To RSVP, call (813) 917-9080 or visit lennar.com.
• • •
The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have five ribbon-cuttings during the coming week:
• IN2IT Nutrition and Fitness, 10720 State Road 54, Suite 105, Trinity, 10 a.m. today.
• Sprint CapTel, at the chamber office, 5443 Main St., New Port Richey, 11:30 a.m. Tuesday.
• Cuppy Cakes, 9454 U.S. 19, Port Richey, 11:30 a.m. Wednesday.
• My Video Talk, at the chamber office, 5443 Main St., New Port Richey, 11:30 a.m. Thursday.
• Morton Plant Mease Immediate Care Center and Morton Plant Mease Primary Care, 4821 U.S. 19, New Port Richey, noon Friday.
To schedule a ribbon-cutting, call (727) 842-7651.
• • •
The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce Ambassador Luncheon will be from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday at Boulevard Bee & Ale, 6236 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. The event is sponsored by Bob Memoli, Florida Luxury Realty.
The buffet (Greek salad, chicken primavera with penne pasta and garlic bread) is $9 and includes beverage, tax and gratuity.
To RSVP, call (727) 842-7651.
• • •
The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will have its monthly chamber mixer from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday at the Commons at Pretty Pond, 38130 Pretty Pond Road, Zephyrhills. Call (813) 782-1913.
• • •
Business and Professional Women/Calusa will meet at 11:45 a.m. Friday at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., New Port Richey.
This month's program speaker will be Craig McCart, executive director of the Sertoma Speech & Hearing Foundation.
BPW luncheons are open to the public, and guests are welcome. Meals are $12.95.
For information, call Joanne Grassi at (727) 856-9595.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to email@example.com or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road in the Regency Shopping Center, New Port Richey. Call Ashok Visuvasam at (813) 333-1622.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. Speakers will be Shirley Pheasant of Century 21 Professional Realty and Jessica Harris of Jessica Harris Sign Language Interpreting. The cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• Pasco Hernando NPI Networking Group: 11:45 a.m. Tuesday at Boulevard Beef & Ale, 6236 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: July luncheon meeting, noon Tuesday at the Royal Super Buffet, 9550 U.S. 19 in the Chili's shopping center, Port Richey. The cost is $8.25. For information or to RSVP, call Myrtle Masten, (727) 934-9993.
• Trinity Business Association: 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The association is made up of professionals who work together to promote one other's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• BNI Revenue Source Chapter: 7:30 to 9 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs Country Club, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Visitors welcome. Cost with breakfast is $10. Call David Randall at (727) 842-7744.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Neighborhood Nehood Networks Meeting: 11:45 a.m. Wednesday at Trio's Restaurant at Quality Inn and Suites, 5316 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. Call Maryann Wilkes at (813) 264-6108 or visit ourneighborhoodnetworks.com.
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:45 a.m. Wednesday at Hungry Harry's Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O'Lakes Blvd. (in the Lakehouse). The event sponsor is A.L. Saland Insurance Solutions. The cost is $5 and includes breakfast. For more information, call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Sheryl Ryan at (352) 556-7711.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Los Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.