FreightCenter.com, an online freight shipping service and software provider, has been recognized for a third consecutive year for its rapid local growth and economic development.
The Tampa Bay Business Journal ranked FreightCenter.com No. 17 out of the 50 companies that made the list, as well as No. 8 out of 10 companies with the highest revenue growth.
The company's success in online freight rating and booking system development has steered its 135 percent revenue growth over the past three years. James and Matthew Brosious, the father and son co-founders, attribute their sustainable business model and total revenue growth to the company's ability to quickly bring new freight solutions to market.
For information, call Terese Kerrigan, director of marketing, at (727) 450-7835 or visit freightcenter.com.
• • •
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point recently earned the American Heart Association's Mission: Lifeline Bronze Quality Achievement Award.
The award recognizes the hospital's commitment and success in implementing a higher standard of care for heart attack patients that effectively improves the survival and care of STEMI (ST Elevation Myocardial Infarction) patients.
Hospitals that receive the award have demonstrated for 90 consecutive days that at least 85 percent of eligible STEMI patients (without contraindications) are treated within specific time frames upon entering the hospital and discharged following the AHA's recommended treatment guidelines.
• • •
The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce is accepting nominations from members as well as the general public for the 2012 Business and Community Awards.
Nominees do not have to be chamber members. The deadline for nominee forms is Aug. 7. Awards winners will be announced Sept. 20 during the annual Member Appreciation and Awards Banquet.
The categories for nominations include "Small Business of the Year," "Large Business of the Year," the "Diamond Award," "Innovative Business of the Year," "Leadership in Youth Involvement," "Leadership in Government," "Community Service Award," "Economic Development Champion," "Citizen of the Year" and the "Alice Hall Community Service Award."
For nomination forms, visit zephyrhillschamber.org. For information, email director@ zephyrhillschamber.org with "Community Awards" in the subject line.
Leadership Pasco announces the members of its Class of 2013: Kim Jacklin, Michael Miller, Philip Whitten, Eric Hale, Summer Romagnoli, Gary Scot Clendenin, Linda Edington, Michael Chissell, Brad Cornelius, Crystal Lazar, Jack Armstrong, Summer Martin, Ashley Juno, Debbie Humphrey, Michelle Hinston, Nikki Alvarez-Sowles, Julie McWilliams, Yasodha Ratnasekera, Gail Page, Robert Steven Waselewski, Stefanie Ambrosio Pontlitz, Jaysen Roa, George Nathaniel Tharin, Jan Roberts, Keith Lawrence Wiley, Lisa Ann Shippy-Gonzalez, Michael Harry Schwab, Brian W. Taylor, Edwin James Rogers, Mack Duggan Cooley, Iliana Molina, Kenneth James Kilian, Shannon Hancock and Paul Edmund Centella.
The program explores critical issues through a series of seminars and hands-on activities. The new class will begin its program on Sept. 6 at orientation to be held at Tampa Bay Golf & Country Club. All Leadership Pasco alumni are welcome. For information, visit leadershippasco.com.
• • •
Robin Schneider was recently appointed marketing coordinator at Medical Center of Trinity, 9330 State Road 54, Trinity.
Schneider has more than 12 years experience in health care marketing, including at a previous HCA hospital. She currently serves as president of the Rotary Club of Spring Hill Central and has served on the board of directors of the American Cancer Society.
• • •
Dr. Rao Musunuru was recently elected to serve as chairman of the Pasco-Hernando Community College District Board of Trustees. He succeeds Jeanne M. Gavish. Trustee John L. DiRienzo was elected vice chairman.
Musunuru is a practicing board certified cardiologist, affiliated with Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point in Pasco County since 1981.
DiRienzo of Spring Hill is an adjunct faculty member of Saint Leo University. The elections were held at the board's organizational meeting in July.
For information, call PHCC marketing coordinator Courtney Boettcher at (727) 816-3738.
Gulfside Regional Hospital will host a job fair for new health care positions from 9 a.m. to noon today at the Gulfside Center for Hospice Care, 5760 Dean Dairy Road, Zephyrhills.
On-site interviews for registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, certified nursing assistants and medical doctors will be held. Positions include full-time, part-time and pool with various shifts to choose from in both east and west Pasco County.
Attendees can be entered for a chance to win one of three $50 gas cards. For those unable to attend, a drive-through site will be set up to allow individuals to drop off resumes. Job seekers can also apply online at the Careers Section at grhospice.org.
For information, contact Gulfside's Human Resources department toll-free at 1-800-561-4883 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• • •
Gulfside Regional Hospital will open an in-patient center Wednesday at Heather Hill Healthcare Center, 6630 Kentucky Ave., New Port Richey. A grand opening will be 5 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. The new unit will be known as the Gulfside Center for Hospice Care at Heather Hill.
The Gulfside Center for Hospice Care is designed to serve terminally ill patients who are no longer benefiting from curative care and cannot be adequately served at home. The Gulfside Center for Hospice Care will have its own entrance and wing at Heather Hill Healthcare Center, and Gulfside's section will have six private rooms for patients.
• • •
The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will have its monthly Business Breakfast from 7 to 8:30 a.m. Thursday at the Golden Corral, 6855 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills.
The guest speaker is Bob Geiger, general manager of the Tampa Tribune, which is the event sponsor. For information, call (813) 782-1913.
• • •
Career Central will host two Career Fairs in August. The Pasco County event will be held from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday at Career Central of New Port Richey, 4440 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. A Hernando County event will be from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Aug. 7 at Career Central, 7361 Forest Oaks Blvd., Spring Hill.
The events are free and open to the public. Examine all your career opportunities in one place and explore opportunities to receive paid tuition, books and supplies. Various career schools will be in attendance with a wide variety of career training opportunities.
Attendance is available to any Pasco or Hernando County resident or employer. To register, call (727) 484-3400, ext. 3551, (813) 337-1300, ext. 3551 or (352) 200-3020, ext. 3551.
• • •
Service Corps of Retired Executives Pasco-Hernando Chapter 439 is presenting a series of free seminars:
• "Using the Internet in your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 8, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City.
• "How to Market in this Economy," 5 to 7 p.m. Aug. 14, Lykes Memorial Library, main branch, 238 Howell Ave., Brooksville.
• "Introduction to Quickbooks," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 14, Land O'Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes.
• "How to Qualify as a Not-for-Profit," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 15, South Holiday Branch Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive, Holiday.
• "How to Successfully Obtain a Business Loan," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 21, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• "How to Really Start Your Own Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 21, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• "How to Market in this Economy," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 23, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Zephyrhills.
• "How to Really Start Your Own Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 28, Centennial Park Branch Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
To register, visit score439.org and click on the Local Workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to email@example.com or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road in the Regency Shopping Center, New Port Richey. Call Ashok Visuvasam at (813) 333-1622.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. BNI director consultant visit. The cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• Hudson Networking Group: West Pasco Chamber's business card and brochure exchange is from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the IHOP restaurant, 12426 U.S. 19, Hudson. The event is sponsored by Pontlitz Asset Advisors. The cost is $10 per person. To RSVP, call the chamber at (727) 842-7651.
• Pasco Hernando NPI Networking Group: 11:45 a.m. Tuesday aty at Boulevard Beef & Ale, 6236 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The association is made up of professionals who work together to promote one another's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• BNI Revenue Source Chapter: 7:30 to 9 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs Country Club, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Visitors welcome. Cost with breakfast is $10. Call David Randall at (727) 842-7744.
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:45 a.m. Wednesday at Hungry Harry's Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O'Lakes Blvd. (in the Lakehouse). The event sponsor is A.L. Saland Insurance Solutions. The cost is $5 and includes breakfast. For information, call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Neighborhood Networks Meeting: 11:45 a.m. Wednesday at Trio's Restaurant at Quality Inn and Suites, 5316 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. Call Maryann Wilkes at (813) 264-6108 or visit ourneighborhoodnetworks.com.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Sheryl Ryan at (352) 556-7711.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Los Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Women Helping Women: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Cost for luncheon is $11. Meets the first Thursday of each month. No charge to join. For information or to RSVP, call Gigi D. Evans at (727) 945-9669.