Morton Plant Mease has opened a new immediate care center at 4821 U.S. 19, New Port Richey, to help increase access to walk-in urgent care in Pasco County. The center offers pediatric and adult urgent medical care services for walk-in patients daily.
The facility provides patient examinations, procedures and treatments from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday, and from noon to 6 p.m. Sunday. The New Port Richey location will primarily serve West Pasco and North Pinellas counties. For information, call (727) 953-6877 or visit mpmhealth.com/icc.
• • •
John Heagney Public Relations in Holiday, was recently selected to represent Seabourn Cove, a multimillion-dollar sustainable community of 456 apartment homes in Boynton Beach. The company also was selected by William Ryan Homes in Tampa to develop publicity strategies and coordinate media relations in the region.
John Heagney Public Relations is considered Tampa Bay's largest residential real estate public relations firm with an extensive list of local and national builders and developers as clients. For information, call (727) 942-2718.
Pam Malone, a long-time new-home marketing professional, has joined William Ryan Homes as its director of sales and marketing. She will develop marketing strategies while overseeing the home builder's sales efforts in Hillsborough, Pasco, Hernando and Polk counties.
With nearly 30 years of sales, marketing and management experience, Malone most recently was vice president of sales and marketing in western Florida and Austin, Texas, for one of the nation's largest privately owned home builders.
Malone studied business and marketing management at MiraCosta College in Oceanside, Calif., and has completed numerous other professional courses in management and sales training. She also has earned awards for sales and sales training. She lives in Wesley Chapel.
William Ryan Homes currently builds at Ashton Oaks in Wesley Chapel; Grand Hampton in Tampa; Harbour Isles in Apollo Beach; and Bridgewater Classics and Bridgewater Masters, both in Lakeland.
For information, visit williamryanhomes.com.
The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have three ribbon-cuttings this week:
• Hammer Time Fitness Personal Training Studio, 5805 Main St., New Port Richey, 11:30 a.m. Tuesday.
• Suncoast Automotive, 16645 U.S. 19, Hudson, 11:30 a.m. Wednesday.
• ARO Lock and Key, 4620 Professional Loop, New Port Richey, 11:30 a.m. Thursday.
To schedule a ribbon-cutting, call the chamber at (727) 842-7651.
• • •
The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce in partnership with the Corporate Training Department at Pasco-Hernando Community College will offer the course "Communications Intelligence" from 8 a.m. to noon Thursday and June 28 at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville.
PHCC will also offer the class from 8 a.m. to noon Tuesday and June 26 in Room A164 at PHCC's Dade City campus, 36727 Blanton Road.
The course will include a personal assessment for each participant sharing his or her natural communication style. Using DISC, a learning-based research tool, each person will learn to effectively communicate with all types of people in all types of situations and events.
A certificate of completion will be awarded.
Tuition is $159 for chamber members or those in groups of four or more, or $189 per person.
For information, call the chamber at (352) 796-0697 or email email@example.com.
• • •
The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will have its monthly chamber mixer from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday at 37722 Geiger Road, Zephyhrills. The event is hosted by Simple Solutions Salon & Day Spa.
For information, call (813) 782-1913.
• • •
The West Pasco Young Professionals Group will host a barbecue from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. June 23 under Shelter 3 at A.L. Anderson Park, 39699 U.S. 19, Tarpon Springs.
YPG will provide the main course and drinks. Members should bring a dish to share. Family members are welcome. The incoming board of directors will be sworn in during the event. The event will also include prizes. Call (727) 842-7651.
• • •
An East Pasco Job & Career Fair, sponsored by Career Central, the Dade City Chamber of Commerce, Pasco Economic Development Council and Employ Florida Marketplace, is 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. June 27 in the Hornbuckle Room at the Dade City Business Center, 15000 Citrus County Drive, Dade City. If attending, use the entrance at Lock Street and U.S. 301.
The event is free to all job seekers, and booth space is free for all employers in Pasco and Hernando counties. Individuals should bring resumes, dress for success and be prepared for an "on the spot" interview. There will be 25 employers in attendance with multiple job openings available, ranging from entry level to highly skilled.
For information, contact Kristie Drinosky, business relations specialist, Career Central, at (813) 377-0245.
• • •
A free car show featuring classic Chevrolets will be held from 1 to 4 p.m. June 30 at Jim Browne Patriot Chevrolet, 10741 U.S. 301, Dade City. Registration begins at 11 a.m.
The event will include an apple pie baking contest, baseball, face painting, music, prizes and trophies. Concession stand items, including hot dogs, sausages, snow cones, popcorn and cotton candy, will be available. All concession proceeds will benefit the Lacoochee Boys & Girls Club.
The baking contest is open to all area amateur chefs. Serving as pie judges are Zephyrhills and Port Richey city attorney Joseph Poblick; Zephyrhills Mayor Steve Van Gorden; and Pasco County property appraiser Mike Wells.
There will be a live electric car demonstration.
The first 100 in attendance will receive a free American flag. The show is open to golden oldies and modern beauties alike.
Registration and admission are free, and prizes will be awarded. To register, contact Jim Martin, service manager, by Wednesday at (352) 567-1222 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to email@example.com or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road in the Regency Shopping Center, New Port Richey. For additional information, please call Ashok Visuvasam at (813) 333-1622.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. Speakers will be Audrey Jefferis, Esq. (family law), and Tony Vanatta (Sprint). The cost is $8 and includes breakfast. For more information, call (727) 847-3898.
• Pasco Hernando NPI Networking Group: 11:45 a.m. Tuesday at Boulevard Beef & Ale, 6236 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. For more information, call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: Breakfast meeting, 8 a.m. Tuesday at the Quality Inn, 5316 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. The cost is $8. Speakers are Pat Gutterman, master Guardian ad Litem, and Fran Scerbo, Guardian ad Litem volunteer. For information or to RSVP, call Linda McFarland at (727) 863-6151.
• Trinity Business Association: 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The association is made up of professionals who work together to promote each other's businesses. For more information, visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• West Pasco Business Network: 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at Atria Windsor Woods, 13707 Dallas Drive, Hudson. Meets the third Tuesday of every month. To reserve a seat, call Abby Hamilton at (813) 817-1905.
• BNI Revenue Source Chapter: 7:30 to 9 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs Country Club, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Visitors welcome. Cost with breakfast is $10. For more information, call David Randall at (727) 842-7744.
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:45 a.m. Wednesday at Hungry Harry's Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O'Lakes Blvd. (in the Lakehouse). The event sponsor is A.L. Saland Insurance Solutions. The cost is $5 and includes breakfast. For more information, call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. For more information about Free Networking International, call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Neighborhood Networks Meeting: 11:45 a.m. Wednesday at Trio's Restaurant at Quality Inn and Suites, 5316 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. For additional information about the meeting, call Maryann Wilkes at (813) 264-6108 or visit ourneighborhoodnetworks.com.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. For information or a reservation, call Sheryl Ryan at (352) 556-7711.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Los Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. For more information, call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.