• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road in the Regency Shopping Center, New Port Richey. Call Ashok Visuvasam at (813) 333-1622.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. Speakers will be Michael Eastman with Northwestern Mutual, and attorney Ziona Kopelovich with Debt Relief Offices of Tampa Bay. The cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday at the Village Inn, 5214 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills. Guest speaker is Mike Wells, Pasco County property appraiser. The group meets the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month. Call Nils Lenz at (813) 782-9491.
• Hudson Networking Group: West Pasco Chamber's business card and brochure exchange is from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the IHOP restaurant, 12426 U.S. 19, Hudson. The event is sponsored by Pontlitz Asset Advisors. The cost is $10 per person. To RSVP, call the chamber at (727) 842-7651.
• Pasco Hernando NPI Networking Group: 11:45 a.m. Tuesday at Boulevard Beef & Ale, 6236 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. Members promote each other's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• BNI Revenue Source Chapter: 7:30 to 9 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs Country Club, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Visitors welcome. Cost with breakfast is $10. Call David Randall at (727) 842-7744.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Trinity Networking Group: West Pasco Chamber's business card and brochure exchange is from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Fox Hollow Golf Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. The event is sponsored by ABCO Graphics & Printing. The cost is $11 per person. RSVP to the chamber at (727) 842-7651.
• Neighborhood Networks Meeting: 11:45 a.m. Wednesday at Trio's Restaurant at Quality Inn and Suites, 5316 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. Call Maryann Wilkes at (813) 264-6108 or visit the website ourneighborhoodnetworks.com.
• Benchwarmers at Whiskey River Networking Group: West Pasco Chamber's business card and brochure exchange is from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at Benchwarmers at Whiskey River, 5245 Limestone Drive, Port Richey. Sponsored by A+ Tax & Accounting Services. The cost is $10. RSVP at (727) 842-7651.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Sheryl Ryan at (352) 556-7711.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Los Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to [email protected] or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
As a result of a $750 grant from the Pasco Aging Network, Sertoma Speech & Hearing Foundation will have a battery giveaway from 10 a.m. to noon Friday at the foundation's office, 4443 Rowan Road, New Port Richey.
The free hearing aid batteries will be available while they last, in the following sizes: 10, 13, 312 and 675 (the most common battery sizes).
The Pasco Aging Network is a nonprofit membership organization representing a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco County.
For information, call (727) 834-5479 or toll-free 1-866-999-2443.
Krista Hakes, economic development manager for the Pasco Economic Development Council, has completed the Economic Gardening Certification through the Florida Economic Gardening Institute (GrowFL).
As a certified economic gardening program director, Hakes works to implement the job-creation program within the community. The program, begun in Colorado, emphasizes helping local companies with 10 to 50 employees. These companies have believed to be the best prospects in general for job creation.
For details, visit pascoedc.com or call (813) 926-0827.
The West Pasco Young Professionals Group will host a barbecue from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. today under Shelter 3 at A.L. Anderson Park, 39699 U.S. 19, Tarpon Springs.
YPG will provide the main course and drinks. Members should bring a dish to share. Family members are welcome. The incoming board of directors will be sworn in during the event. The event will also include prizes. Call (727) 842-7651.
• • •
The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have its chamber breakfast from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. Friday at Golden Corral, 8929 U.S. 19, Port Richey. The event is sponsored by Career Central.
The speaker will be John Walkinshaw. His topic will be "Making better choices for a healthy watershed." The cost is $10 and includes a full breakfast. For information, call the chamber at (727) 842-7651 by Thursday.
• • •
An East Pasco Job & Career Fair, sponsored by Career Central, the Dade City Chamber of Commerce, Pasco Economic Development Council and Employ Florida Marketplace, will be held from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday in the Hornbuckle Room at the Dade City Business Center, 15000 Citrus Country Drive, Dade City. If attending, use the entrance at Lock Street and U.S. 301.
The event is free to all job seekers, and booth space is free for all employers in Pasco and Hernando counties. Individuals should bring resumes, dress for success and be prepared for an "on-the-spot" interview. There will be 25 employers in attendance with multiple job openings available, ranging from entry level to highly skilled.
For information, contact Kristie Drinosky, business relations specialist at Career Central, at (813) 377-0245.
• • •
The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce in partnership with the Corporate Training Department at Pasco-Hernando Community College will offer the course "Communications Intelligence" from 8 a.m. to noon Thursday at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville.
Pasco-Hernando Community College will also offer the class from 8 a.m. to noon Tuesday in Room A164 at PHCC's Dade City campus, 36727 Blanton Road.
The course will include a personal assessment for each participant sharing his or her natural communication style. Using DISC, a learning-based research tool, each person will learn to effectively communicate with all types of people in all types of situations and events.
A certificate of completion will be awarded.
Tuition is $159 for chamber members or those in groups of four or more, or $189 per person.
For information, call the chamber at (352) 796-0697 or email [email protected]
• • •
To celebrate the business' 25th anniversary, Westbrook Manor will hold a Hometown Celebration from 4 to 7 p.m. Thursday at 6701 Dairy Road, Zephyrhills.
The event will include food, drinks, games, raffles and more. To RSVP, call (813) 782-4417.
• • •
The Wesley Chapel Chamber of Commerce Economic Development Committee will meet from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Thursday at American Consulting Engineers, 2818 Cypress Ridge Blvd., Suite 200, Wesley Chapel. For information, call chamber chairman Jeff Miller at (813) 994-6795.
• • •
The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will offer its monthly Business Leaders Roundtable from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday at the Golden Corral, 6855 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills.
The event, free to chamber members, is geared for small- business owners and leaders serious about seeking solutions, exchanging information with other business leaders, or learning about issues affecting small business owners.
The event is sponsored by Jim Pittman of Edward Jones Investments. This month's Market Round Up topic is "Where is the Inflation?" The speaker program topic is personal information security. The event will include an open discussion and question-and-answer period.
Lunch is provided. To RSVP, call (813) 782-1913.