Ryland Homes has opened Windchase at the master planned community of WaterGrass, located north of State Road 54 off Curley Road in Pasco County.
Ryland plans to build 40 three- and four-bedroom single family homes in the first phase at Windchase, priced from $158,990 to $189,990.
In addition, Ryland is introducing its new Sabal Series of Energy Star-qualified home designs.
For information, call Tony Crimi, vice president sales and marketing, at (813) 627-6100.
• • •
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point announces recent achievements:
• The hospital's Magnetic Resonance Imaging unit was awarded a three-year term of American College of Radiology accreditation.
• The hospital received the National Cardiovascular Data Registry's Action Registry "Get with the Guidelines" gold performance award. The award states the hospital has demonstrated performance measures in the treatment of acute myocardial infarction patients through the implementation of registry's "Get with the Guidelines," an in-hospital initiation of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Clinical Guideline recommendations.
• The hospital was recognized at the International Stroke Conference for achieving a Stroke Gold Plus award as part of the "Get with the Guidelines — Stroke Program." The hospital also was recognized for its commitment and success in implementing excellent care for stroke patients, according to evidence-based guidelines.
The hospital is at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson. For information, visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.com.
Susan Schubert, service coordinator at Bethlehem Housing in Hudson, was recently featured in the "Award Winning Highlights" section of the Jacksonville HUB by the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Schubert, who resides in Heritage Lakes in Trinity, earned her professional service coordinator certification through Ohio State University in 2006. She was recognized for her extraordinary service and exceptional commitment linking seniors to supportive services, educational opportunities and meaningful
• • •
Dan Stephenson was recently named managing broker for Prudential Tropical Realty's Trinity office at 3126 Little Road.
Stephenson has more than 21 years of management background, including several high-level positions with Chili's and Baker's Square. He became a real estate sales associate in 2000 working with a GMAC franchise in Milwaukee, Wis. Most recently, he managed the Clearwater and Clearwater Beach offices for Coldwell Banker.
• • •
Dr. Richard Caradonna of Florida Cancer Affiliates in New Port Richey and Brooksville was recently appointed to the medical staff of Brooksville and Spring Hill Regional hospitals.
Caradonna is board certified in medical oncology and internal medicine. He graduated from Holy Cross College in Worcester, Mass., and received his medical degree from St. Louis Medical College in St. Louis, Mo. Next, he completed an internship at St. Louis University Hospital followed by a residency in internal medicine and fellowship in medical oncology at Albany Medical College in New York.
Caradonna has extensive experience in the hospital and outpatient management of cancer and blood disorders. He is past president of the Hernando County Medical Society and serves as a medical director for US Oncology.
Caradonna, who resides in Spring Hill, can be reached at (727) 372-9159.
The Shops at Wiregrass and Imagen International will host a Prom and Quinceańera Fashion Show from 2 to 5 p.m. Sunday on the center court stage, 28211 Paseo Drive, Wesley Chapel. The event will benefit the Saint Leo University Scholarship Fund.
The show is free and open to teens between the ages of 14 and 18. The first 100 attendees to register at center court, starting at 1 p.m., also will receive a swag bag.
For information, call Debbie Detweiler, marketing director, at (813) 994-4010.
• • •
The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce has scheduled two ribbon-cuttings next week:
• Verizon Wireless, 14851 State Road 52, Unit B-105, Hudson, 11:30 a.m. Tuesday.
• Sawgrass Creek Apartments, 8800 Lazy River Loop, New Port Richey, 11:30 a.m. Wednesday.
For information, call the chamber at (727) 842-7651.
• • •
The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce in partnership with Pasco-Hernando Community College is presenting its first series of Brown Bag Biz-Days Professional Development Seminars, "Leadership in Practice."
The three-part series, hosted by CenterState Bank, will be facilitated by Lori Bainum, the college's director of corporate training. Each class/seminar will be from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the bank, 6930 Gall Blvd., second floor conference room, Zephyrhills.
Remaining classes include "Time Management and Your Success — What's your leadership style?" on Wednesday, and "Dealing with Daily Interruptions — Learn how to listen and why others don't" on March 14.
The cost is $10 per class for chamber members; $15 for nonmembers.
Please bring your lunch. Light refreshments will be served. To RSVP, call (813) 782-1913.
• • •
The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will have its March Business Breakfast at 7 a.m. Thursday at Golden Corral, 6855 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills.
The event is sponsored by CF Industries. The speaker will be Pasco Sheriff Chris Nocco. For information, call the chamber at (813) 782-1913.
• • •
Women's Connection of New Port Richey will have its monthly meeting from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 12 at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey.
Kay Doran will speak on "Stitching Life Together." The feature presentation will be a mini quilt show. Members and guests are invited to bring their quilts for a show-and-tell.
The cost is $15 and includes the program, speaker and luncheon. RSVP to Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Ruth at (727) 375-9873 by March 10.
• • •
The West Pasco Young Professionals Group will host the third-annual Chasco Bowling Tournament at 5:30 p.m. March 27 at Lane Glo Bowl, 8631 Old County Road 54, New Port Richey.
Registration for teams of four is now $140. Single bowlers are welcome and will be matched up. Spectators are also welcome.
The event features the famous dessert table. For information or to register, call Paul Friedlander at (727) 641-0575 or send an e-mail to [email protected]
• • •
The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce and the Rotary Club of Zephyrhills Noon have joined to offer the seventh-annual Zephyrhills Golf Scramble on May 4 at Silverado Golf and Country Club, 36841 Clubhouse Drive, Zephyrhills.
Registration begins at 11 a.m. with a shotgun start at 1 p.m. Proceeds from the event benefit local youth and education programs through community service projects operated by both organizations.
A $100 entry fee per golfer includes 18 holes of golf, a catered dinner, goody bag and door prizes. In addition, players can visit the "Oasis Watering Hole" offering Bloody Marys and margaritas, as well as a snack and beverage cart while on the course.
Executive sponsor packages are $750 and include a four-person play, catered dinner for each player, premium banner placement at registration, logo placement on all advertising, exclusive presence on tee box for marketing interactions with golfers and a hole sponsorship. Along with the hole sponsorship, the executive sponsor will also receive a Z'Hills Scramble signature banner.
Corporate sponsors packages are $500; premium hole sponsors are $250. For individual contest sponsorship pricing or to register, call the chamber at (813) 782-1913 or visit zephyrhillschamber.org. Registration forms are also available on the website.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to [email protected] or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road in the Regency Shopping Center, New Port Richey. Call Ashok Visuvasam at (813) 333-1622.
• Pasco Hernando NPI Networking Group: 11:45 a.m. Tuesday at Boulevard Beef & Ale, 6236 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The association is made up of professionals who work together to promote each other's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• Trinity Business Association: 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Meetings are on the first and third Tuesday of each month. Email [email protected]
• BNI Revenue Source: 7:30 to 9 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs Country Club, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Visitors welcome. Cost with breakfast is $10. Call David Randall at (727) 842-7744.
• Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:45 to 9 a.m. Wednesday at Hungry Harry's Famous Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O'Lakes Blvd., Land O'Lakes. Meets the first and third Wednesday of each month. A full breakfast is served at no cost. To RSVP, call the chamber at (813) 909-2722.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Neighborhood Networks: 11:45 a.m. Wednesday at Trio's Restaurant at Quality Inn and Suites, 5316 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. Call Maryann Wilkes at (813) 264-6108 or visit ourneighborhood networks.com.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 (includes breakfast). For information or a reservation, call Sheryl Ryan at (352) 556-7711.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Los Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Capt. Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Applebee's Networking Group: Business card and brochure exchange from 11:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Thursday at Applebee's, 8537 Little Road, New Port Richey. The event is sponsored by Synergy Ad Specialties. Cost is $12. For reservations, call the West Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (727) 842-7651 by Wednesday.
• West Pasco Young Professionals: 6 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday at Fox Hollow Golf & Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Meetings are $11 per person. Make checks out to the West Pasco Chamber of Commerce. Reserve by Wednesday. The group meets the second Thursday of each month. Call Julie Rogers at (727) 243-3578.