WEST PASCO CHAMBER OF COMMERCE will have its Ambassador Luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday at Estela's Mexican Restaurant, 5706 Main St., New Port Richey. A Cinco de Mayo Party will be held. The cost is $11 (includes beverage, tax and gratuity). To RSVP, call the chamber at (727) 842-7651.
WEST PASCO CHAMBER OF COMMERCE will host a combined ribbon-cutting at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday for Nationwide Compliance Alliance and James R. Spear Cleaning Service at Verizon Events Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey. Call Clara Rose, (941) 284-8640 or James Spear, (727) 288-1362.
GREATER WESLEY CHAPEL CHAMBER OF COMMERCE will host a ribbon-cutting at 5:15 p.m. Thursday at the Commons on Pretty Pond, 38130 Pretty Pond Road, Zephyrhills. An open house from 4 to 6 p.m. will include hors d'oeuvres, refreshments and entertainment.
BIRTHDAY BASH: Cooper Financial Services will have a Birthday Bash at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday to celebrate 10 years in Pasco and five years in its office at 5420 Land O'Lakes Blvd., Suite 100, Land O'Lakes. A Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce ribbon-cutting will be at 6 p.m. The event includes wine, cheese and entertainment. Guests are asked to bring a donation for Sunrise of Pasco County, a domestic violence and sexual assault center. To RSVP, call (813) 996-6100 or email email@example.com.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: SCORE Chapter 439 is presenting a series of free seminars. To register and for additional information, visit score439.org and click on the Local Workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
• Building the Plan for a Successful Business, 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, Spring Hill Branch Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive.
• Introduction to QuickBooks, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road.
• How to Really Start Your Own Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 30, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel.
MANUFACTURING SKILLS: Pasco-Hernando Community College's corporate training department will host a Manufacturing Skills Standards Council Certified Production Technician training program from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays beginning this Monday and running through July 31 at PHCC's Spring Hill Campus, 450 Beverly Court.
The Manufacturing Skills Standards Council is an industry-led training, assessment and certification system focused on the core skills and knowledge needed by the nation's production workers. The course fee is $1,100 per person and includes all instructional materials and certifications. Employers may qualify for up to 50 percent in training reimbursement funds through the Pasco-Hernando Workforce Board.
To register or for information, call (727) 816-3123.
LEADER DEVELOPMENT: Pasco-Hernando Community College's corporate training department will host a Leadership Certificate Program designed to develop midlevel professionals for greater leadership roles within their organizations, from 8 a.m. to noon Tuesdays, beginning July 9 at PHCC's East Campus, 36727 Blanton Road, Dade City.
The 32-hour, eight-week, noncredit program will be presented by Lori Bainum, PHCC director of corporate training. The cost is $599 for chamber members, $799 for nonmembers.
Applications are available at phcc.edu/leadership. For information, call (727) 816-3123.
LEADERSHIP PASCO: Applications are being accepted for the Class of 2014 for Leadership Pasco, a development program that explores issues through a series of seminars and hands-on activities.
The program is open to people interested in community involvement and supporting the prosperity of Pasco County. Topics include leadership skills, the history of Pasco County, education, health care and social services, law enforcement and criminal justice, economic and business development, government and infrastructure.
Applications are due by June 1 and may be submitted online at leadershippasco.com.
For an application, send an email request to Bob Memoli at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SMALL BUSINESS CONSULTATIONS: Free consultations for small businesses and entrepreneurs are available by appointment from 9 to 11 a.m. on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month in the Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce conference room at 38550 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills. The chamber offers the free and confidential consultations in partnership with the Small Business Development Center at the University of South Florida. For information or to schedule an appointment, call toll-free 1-888-929-2221.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to email@example.com or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road in the Regency Shopping Center, New Port Richey. Call Ashok Visuvasam at (813) 333-1622.
• BNI Business by Referral: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Heritage Church, 1854 Oak Grove Blvd., Lutz. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. The cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: May luncheon meeting, 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at the Royal Super Buffet, 9550 U.S. 19 (in the Chili's shopping center), Port Richey. Guest speaker is retired Lt. Col. Karen Mertes of the U.S. Air Force and founder of Fulfill Your Destiny. The cost is $9 and includes buffet, beverage, tax and tip. For information or to RSVP, call Myrtle Masten, (727) 934-9993 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• West Pasco Business Alliance: 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at Atria Baypoint Village, 7927 State Road 52, Hudson. Meets the third Tuesday of every month. The cost is $7 and includes lunch. Abby Hamilton, (813) 817-1905.
• West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 11:45 a.m. Tuesday at Boulevard Beef & Ale, 6236 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Trinity Business Association: 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. The cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The association is made up of professionals who promote one another's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• BNI Revenue Source: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Broken Yolk restaurant, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. The group meets every Wednesday. Email email@example.com.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• West Pasco Business Network: noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday at the Blue Dolphin Restaurant, 8825 State Road 52, Hudson. The network is made up of West Pasco business leaders committed to helping each other grow and develop their businesses. Visit westpascobusiness.org or call Bill Pearce at (727) 277-2617.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Wesley Chapel Chamber of Commerce Economic Development Committee: 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Thursday at American Consulting Engineers, 2818 Cypress Ridge Blvd., Suite 200, Wesley Chapel. For information, call chamber chairman Jeff Miller at (813) 994-6795.
• West Pasco Chamber of Commerce Government Affairs Committee: Legislators Chamber Breakfast, 8 a.m. May 31 at the Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. A full breakfast buffet will be open for attendees. Event sponsored by Pontlitz Asset Advisors. Tickets cost $20 for members, $25 for nonmembers. To RSVP, call the chamber at (727) 842-7651 no later than Thursday.