• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road in the Regency Shopping Center, New Port Richey. Call Ashok Visuvasam at (813) 333-1622.
• Pasco Hernando NPI Networking Group: 11:45 a.m. Tuesday at Boulevard Beef & Ale, 6236 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Trinity Business Association: 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Meetings are on the first and third Tuesday of each month. Email info@TrinityBusinessAssociation.com.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The association is made up of professionals who work together to promote each other's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• Business Network International Revenue Source: 7:30 to 9 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs Country Club, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Visitors welcome. Cost with breakfast is $10. Call David Randall at (727) 842-7744.
• Central Pasco Chamber's Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:45 a.m. Wednesday at Hungry Harry's Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O'Lakes Blvd. (in the Lakehouse), Land O'Lakes. The event sponsor is A.L. Saland Insurance Solutions. The cost is $5 and includes a full hot breakfast. Call the chamber at (813) 909-2722.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816. • Neighborhood Networks Meeting: 11:45 a.m. Wednesday at Trio's Restaurant at Quality Inn and Suites, 5316 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. Call Maryann Wilkes at (813) 264-6108 or visit ourneighborhoodnetworks.com.
• BNI Eagles: 7:1 5 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. For information or a reservation, call Sheryl Ryan at (352) 556-7711.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Los Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Women Helping Women: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Cost for luncheon is $11. Meets the first Thursday of each month. No charge to join. For information or to RSVP, call Gigi D. Evans at (727) 945-9669.
Leadership Pasco, a development program that explores issues through a series of seminars and hands-on activities, is accepting applications for its class of 2013.
The program is open to people interested in community involvement and supporting the prosperity of Pasco County.
Topics include leadership skills, the history of Pasco County, education, health care and social services, law enforcement and criminal justice, economic and business development, government and infrastructure.
Applications are due by June 1, and may be submitted at leadershippasco.com.
For an application, send an email request to Cindy Ewald, Leadership Pasco's recruitment chairwoman, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A free seminar, "Success … It's in the Bag," designed for individuals who own direct sales or small businesses or for those looking to start one, will be held from 4 to 5:30 p.m. today at Toast restaurant, 7121 State Road 54 in the Bealls shopping center, New Port Richey.
Kim Washington, an independent senior executive director for Thirty-One Gifts, will share her business secrets that helped build her direct sales team into a nearly half-a-million dollar enterprise.
Attendees who bring a gently used purse for the "Dress for Success" nonprofit organization will be entered into a raffle for free gifts. To RSVP, email Kim at email@example.com or call Diane at (727) 992-6928.
• • •
A Spring Fair Expo Fundraiser, hosted by Painting With a Twist, will be from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. today at 8351 State Road 54, Suite 112, Trinity. The event will benefit the Tampabay Cat Alliance, a rescue and adoption organization.
The event will include many products and service vendors, food vendors and music. There will be a three-hour painting session. Attendees are welcome to paint their pet's portrait or a Van Gogh scene. All proceeds from the painting session will benefit Tampabay Cat Alliance's Secure a Shelter fund.
For information, call (727) 859-2208.
• • •
The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have a ribbon cutting at Verizon, 8600 Rees St., Port Richey, at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday. For information, call the chamber at (727) 842-7651.
• • •
The Revenue Source Chapter of BNI (Business Network International) will host a Visitors Day breakfast meeting from 7:30 to 9 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs Golf & Country Club, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity.
BNI is a networking organization specializing in the exchange of qualified business referrals among members. RSVP to Chris Chambers, (727) 735-5352.
• • •
The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will have its May Business Breakfast from 7 to 8:30 a.m. Thursday at Golden Corral, 6855 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills. The event is sponsored by Atonement Lutheran Church. The cost is $7 for members.
• • •
The Tri County and Pinellas County Chapters of the Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors Association will offer a New Code Update workshop from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Friday in the training room at RACCA, 1920 E Sligh Ave., Tampa.
State licensed contractors will receive updates on new building, mechanical, fuel gas and energy code requirements. Attendees receive eight hours of continuing education units (CEUs).
Seven of the eight hours of the event are sponsored by the Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation at no cost. Each participant will receive a handout detailing the code changes.
The cost is $75 per person and includes one CEU, lunch and three breaks. Checks, made payable to TriCounty PHCC, should be mailed to 466 94th Ave. N, St. Petersburg, FL 33702.
Call (727) 209-0890 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• • •
The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce and the Rotary Club of Zephyrhills Noon will offer the seventh annual Zephyrhills Golf Scramble on Friday at Silverado Golf and Country Club, 36841 Clubhouse Drive, Zephyrhills.
Registration begins at 11 a.m. with a shotgun start at 1 p.m. Proceeds benefit local youth and education programs through community service projects operated by both organizations.
A $100 entry fee per golfer includes 18 holes of golf, a catered dinner, goody bag and door prizes. In addition, players can visit the "Oasis Watering Hole" offering Bloody Marys and margaritas, as well as a snack and beverage cart while on the course. Sponsor packages are also available.
For sponsorship pricing or to register, call the chamber at (813) 782-1913 or visit zephyrhillschamber.org.
• • •
Service Corps of Retired Executives Pasco-Hernando Chapter 439 is presenting a series of six free seminars:
• "The Easy Business Plan," 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. May 8, Lykes Memorial Library, main branch, 238 Howell Ave., Brooksville.
• "Using the Internet in Your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 9, South Holiday Branch Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive, Holiday.
• "How to Really Start Your Own Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 9, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City.
• " How to Write a Grant Proposal," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 10, New Port Richey Main Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• "Advanced QuickBooks," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 15, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• "Introduction to QuickBooks," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 29, Centennial Park Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
To register, visit score439.org and click on the Local Workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
• • •
Women's Connection of New Port Richey will have its monthly meeting from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. May 14 at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey.
"Secret of True Happiness and Joy in an Imperfect Life" is the topic chosen by speaker Jo Ayres. She will conduct an interaction with attendees called "Take Off Your Mask and Discover Your True Personality."
The cost is $15 and includes the program, speaker and lunch. RSVP to Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Dianna at (727) 514-1383 by May 12.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to email@example.com or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.