FreightCenter.com, an online freight shipping service and software provider at 2049 Welbilt Blvd., Trinity, has started its second annual volunteer program and donation center.
Each year, employees volunteer their time serving local organizations, including Toys for Tots of West Pasco, Feeding America, SPCA Suncoast and the RAP (Runaway Alternatives Project) House. Employee volunteer efforts are supported by the company as part of its "Cash for Caring" program, in which employees are paid an hourly base for each hour spent helping local organizations.
FreightCenter recently pledged to donate 250 pounds of food to Feeding America by Thanksgiving and is once again a drop-off site for Toys for Tots.
During the next month, the community is encouraged to drop off unwrapped toys or food items to benefit local families in need. For information or to donate, call (800) 716-7608.
• • •
Ed Morse Auto Plaza, 10133 U.S. 19, Port Richey, will collect canned goods and nonperishable food until Friday to benefit Feeding America.
Feeding America provides low-income individuals and families with the fuel to survive and even thrive. As the nation's leading domestic hunger-relief charity, Feeding America supplies food to more than 37 million Americans each year, including 14 million children and 3 million seniors.
For information, visit feedingamerica.org or call (888) 469-2912.
• • •
The Small Business Development Center at the University of South Florida and the Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce have partnered to provide free consultations to small businesses and entrepreneurs in Pasco County.
Free and confidential business consulting services are available by appointment from 9 to 11 a.m. on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month in the chamber's conference room at 38550 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills.
For information or to schedule an appointment, call (888) 929-2221.
Coldwell Banker F.I. Grey & Son Residential, 6330 U.S. 19, New Port Richey, announces its top Realtors for October:
Realtor Susanna Vizzari won the Top Selling Agent by Volume, the Top Selling Agent by Units, the Top Listing Agent by Volume, the Top Listing Agent by Units and the Top Producing Agent by Volume awards.
Realtor Randal Jenkins won the Top Producing Agent by Units award.
Call Kelly Parker-Powell, office manager, at (727) 375-5700.
The Central Pasco, Dade City, Wesley Chapel, West Pasco and Zephyrhills chambers of commerce will be closed Monday in observance of Veterans Day.
• • •
Women's Connection of New Port Richey will present "A Country Fair" program from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey.
The fair, which begins at 10:30 a.m., will be followed by a luncheon at 11:30 a.m. Maria Goodsell will speak on the topic "If Freedom is Priceless, Why Did it Cost So Much?"
The cost is $15 and includes the fair and luncheon. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Carol at (727) 863-2605 by today.
• • •
EZ Clean Car Wash at 13010 U.S. 301, Dade City, will offer free exterior car washes to all veterans and service personnel from 8:30 to 5 p.m. Monday.
For information, call (352) 567-9494.
• • •
A free seminar, "Solutions for Underwater Homeowners," for underwater homeowners, realtors and builders, will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Monday at Phi Delta Kappa Hall, 11301 Phi Delta Way, Odessa.
The seminar will be presented by professionals in the real estate, legal, financial and credit industries. The speaker will be Pam Marron, a longtime loan originator and advocate for underwater homeowners.
To RSVP or get directions, call Pam Marron at (727) 375-8986 or visit closewithpam.com/solutions-for-underwater-homeowners-seminar/
• • •
SCORE Chapter 439 is presenting a series of free business seminars:
• "Using the Internet in Your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at Land O'Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes.
• "Starting a Home-based Business 101," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City.
• "How to Apply for a Business Loan," 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 17 at Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• "Advanced Quickbooks," 5 to 6:45 p.m. Nov. 20 at Lykes Memorial Library, main branch, 238 Howell Ave., Brooksville.
• "Using the Internet in Your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Nov. 27 at Centennial Park Branch Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• "Advanced Quickbooks," 5 to 6:45 p.m. Nov. 29 at Regency Park Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
To register, visit score439.org and click on the Local Workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
• • •
The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will have its Chamber Mixer at 5 p.m. Thursday at Microtel Inn & Suites, 7839 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills.
The event offers an evening of networking, food and drinks. To RSVP, call the chamber at (813) 782-1913.
• • •
West Pasco Legal Support Association will meet at 5 p.m. Nov. 19 at the IHOP restaurant, 4736 U.S. 19, New Port Richey.
The event includes dinner, followed by a meet and greet, and then a guest speaker. The association meets the third Monday of each month. Individuals interested in the legal field, attorneys, judicial assistance, paralegals and legal office staff are all invited to attend. To RSVP, contact Marcy Nolan at (727) 271-6777.
• • •
A Truckers and Trades Career Fair will be 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 28 at the Verizon Wireless Conference Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey.
Attendance is available to any Hernando or Pasco county resident or employer. The event, which is free and open to the public, is sponsored by Career Central, Employ Florida Marketplace, Verizon and Roadmaster Drivers School. Between 15 and 20 employers will be in attendance with openings in construction, plumbing, transportation, maintenance, electrical, HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) and more.
Meet employers looking for skilled trade workers and commercial licensed truck drivers. Attendees should bring resumes, dress for success and be prepared for on-the-spot interviews.
To preregister for the event, visit TruckersandTradesCareerFair.eventbrite.com. For information, call Dianne Perkins at (352) 200-3020, ext. 3122, or Kristie Drinosky at (727) 484-3400, ext. 0245.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to email@example.com or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road in the Regency Shopping Center, New Port Richey. Call Ashok Visuvasam at (813) 333-1622.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. The cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• Business Development Council: 8:15 a.m. Tuesday at Cracker Barrel, 5341 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. The business networking group, hosted by Cadence Bank, promotes individual business members. The group meets the second Tuesday of each month. Call Crystal Menzie Olson at (727) 376-1030.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday at the Village Inn, 5214 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills. Speakers: Carolyn Sentelik, director of Florida Hospital Zephyrhills, who will discuss the Simpson Breast Health Center, and Skip Mahaffey, author and radio personality. The group meets on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month. Call Nils Lenz at (813) 782-9491.
• Pasco Hernando NPI Networking Group: 11:45 a.m. Tuesday at Boulevard Beef & Ale, 6236 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The association is made up of professionals who work together to promote one another's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• BNI Revenue Source Chapter: 7:30 to 9 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs Country Club, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Visitors welcome. Cost with breakfast is $10. Call David Randall at (727) 842-7744.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Cottages of Port Richey, 5905 Pine Hill Road, Port Richey. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco. The group meets the second Wednesday of each month. Call Lori Felber at (727) 863-5808.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Sheryl Ryan at (352) 556-7711.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Los Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Wesley Chapel Chamber of Commerce Economic Development Committee: 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Thursday at American Consulting Engineers, 2818 Cypress Ridge Blvd., Suite 200, Wesley Chapel. For information, call chamber chairman Jeff Miller at (813) 994-6795.