Dr. V. Antoine Keller was recently appointed to the medical staffs at both Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point in Hudson and Oak Hill Hospital in Spring Hill. Keller is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and is board certified in cardiothoracic, vascular and endovascular surgery. Keller was previously chief of cardiothoracic surgery at Baton Rouge General Hospital in Baton Rouge and clinical assistant professor of Tulane School of Medicine in New Orleans.
The Central Pasco, Dade City, Wesley Chapel, West Pasco and Zephyrhills chambers of commerce will be closed Monday in observance of Memorial Day.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: SCORE Chapter 439 is presenting a series of free seminars. To register and for additional information, visit score439.org and click on the Local Workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
• "How to Really Start Your Own Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel.
• "Introduction to QuickBooks," 5:15 to 7:30 p.m. June 4, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• "Using the Internet in your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. June 4, Land O'Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes.
• "E-Marketing Concepts," 5:15 to 7:30 p.m. June 4, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• "Advanced QuickBooks," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. June 5, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City.
• "Introduction to QuickBooks," 5 to 7 p.m. June 18, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• "How to Really Start Your Own Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. June 27, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
To register, visit score439.org and click on the Local Workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
MANUFACTURING SKILLS: Pasco-Hernando Community College's corporate training department will host a Manufacturing Skills Standards Council Certified Production Technician training program from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays through July 31 at PHCC's Spring Hill Campus, 450 Beverly Court.
The Manufacturing Skills Standards Council is an industry-led training, assessment and certification system focused on the core skills and knowledge needed by the nation's production workers. The course fee is $1,100 per person and includes all instructional materials and certifications. Employers may qualify for up to 50 percent in training reimbursement funds through the Pasco-Hernando Workforce Board.
To register or for information, call (727) 816-3123.
LEADER DEVELOPMENT: Pasco-Hernando Community College's corporate training department will host a Leadership Certificate Program designed to develop midlevel professionals for greater leadership roles within their organizations, from 8 a.m. to noon Tuesdays, beginning July 9 at PHCC's East Campus, 36727 Blanton Road, Dade City.
The 32-hour, eight-week, noncredit program will be presented by Lori Bainum, PHCC director of corporate training. The cost is $599 for chamber members, $799 for nonmembers.
Applications are available at phcc.edu/leadership. For information, call (727) 816-3123.
LEADERSHIP PASCO: Applications are being accepted for the Class of 2014 for Leadership Pasco, a development program that explores issues through a series of seminars and hands-on activities.
The program is open to people interested in community involvement and supporting the prosperity of Pasco County. Topics include leadership skills, the history of Pasco County, education, health care and social services, law enforcement and criminal justice, economic and business development, government and infrastructure.
Applications are due by Saturday and may be submitted online at leadershippasco.com.
For an application, send an email request to Bob Memoli at email@example.com.
SMALL BUSINESS CONSULTATIONS: Free consultations for small businesses and entrepreneurs are available by appointment from 9 to 11 a.m. on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month in the Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce conference room at 38550 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills. The chamber offers the free and confidential consultations in partnership with the Small Business Development Center at the University of South Florida. For information or to schedule an appointment, call toll-free 1-888-929-2221.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
Networking and mixers
• BNI Business by Referral: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Heritage Church, 1854 Oak Grove Blvd., Lutz. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. The cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday at the Village Inn, 5214 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills. The group meets on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month. Call Nils Lenz at (813) 782-9491.
• Hudson Networking Group: West Pasco Chamber's business card and brochure exchange is from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the IHOP restaurant, 12426 U.S. 19, Hudson. The event is sponsored by Read Wealth Management. The cost is $10 per person. To RSVP, call the chamber at (727) 842-7651 by Monday.
• West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 11:45 a.m. Tuesday at Boulevard Beef & Ale, 6236 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The association is made up of professionals who promote one another's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• BNI Revenue Source: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Broken Yolk restaurant, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. The group meets every Wednesday. Email email@example.com.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Trinity Networking Group: West Pasco Chamber's business card and brochure exchange is from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Fox Hollow Golf Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. The event is sponsored by ABCO Graphics & Printing. The cost is $11 per person. RSVP to the chamber at (727) 842-7651.
• West Pasco Business Network: noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday at the Blue Dolphin Restaurant, 8825 State Road 52, Hudson. The network is made up of West Pasco business leaders committed to helping each other grow and develop their businesses. Visit westpascobusiness.org or call Bill Pearce at (727) 277-2617.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Benchwarmers at Whiskey River Networking Group: West Pasco Chamber's business card and brochure exchange is from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at Benchwarmers at Whiskey River, 5245 Limestone Drive, Port Richey. Sponsored by A' Tax & Accounting Services. The cost is $10. RSVP at (727) 842-7651.
• West Pasco Chamber of Commerce Government Affairs Committee: Legislators Chamber Breakfast, 8 a.m. Friday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Sponsored by Pontlitz Asset Advisors. $20 for members, $25 for nonmembers. Call the chamber at (727) 842-7651 no later than Thursday to RSVP.