Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point was recently named a Blue Distinction Center in the areas of knee and hip replacement by Florida Blue. The Blue Distinction Centers for Specialty Care program is a national designation awarded by Blue Cross and Blue Shield companies to medical facilities that have demonstrated expertise in delivering quality specialty care.
The hospital also received the Partner Recognition award from Practice Greenhealth, the nation's leading health care membership community that empowers its members to increase efficiencies and environmental stewardships while improving patient safety and care.
The award is for health care facilities that have begun to work on environmental improvements, have achieved some progress, and have at least a 10 percent recycling rate for their total waste stream.
Paul Dumke is the newest member of Gulfside Regional Hospice's board of directors. Dumke retired after 38 years in the banking industry and served as senior vice president, area executive for BB&T. He also spent 19 years with Wachovia Bank. Originally from Buffalo, N.Y., Dumke moved to the Tampa Bay area with his family in 1985. Dumke and his wife, Nicole, have five children together and reside in Wesley Chapel.
• • •
Christine B. Cooper, president of Cooper Financial Services, received a certificate of recognition by the Pasco County Commission on the same day Cooper Financial Services celebrated its fifth year in business at 5420 Land O'Lakes Blvd. in Land O'Lakes, and the business' 10th anniversary overall. A ribbon-cutting and certificate of achievement was presented by the Land O'Lakes Chamber of Commerce on May 21. More than 60 clients and business associates attended.
• • •
Prudential Commercial Real Estate agents Renee Dyer, Matthew Shaw and Armando Flores III received the prestigious Top Five awards for sales production at the national convention held in Las Vegas recently.
The award ranked the three agents in the top five of all Prudential commercial agents in North America. Additionally, Dyer was named the No. 2 sales associate in the United States and No. 1 in the Southeast. The Shaw/Flores team ranked third in the U.S.
Agent Jill Carbonelli was recognized in the top 3 percent in the nation of more than 50,000 sales professionals in the Prudential network. Kim Maini and Matt Kim were recognized in the top 6 percent. Gus Jadoun and Robyn Miller were among the top 12 percent.
Prudential Commercial Real Estate, located at 3126 Little Road in Trinity, was awarded Number One Producing Prudential Real Estate Company in the North American network.
• • •
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point announced that Lucie Doyle, licensed practical nurse, was named the Nurse of the Year at the Good Samaritan Clinic's seventh annual Nurses' Gala.
Doyle has been a nurse for 43 years. She has worked full time at the Bayonet Point hospital for the past seven years, and currently works in the neuro spine/ortho unit. Committed to those who are less fortunate, Doyle created a "clothing closet" for those in the unit. She oversees the closet and rallies support from co-workers to maintain donations that will go home with those in need.
Registered nurses April Alter and Carrie Green were also nominated for the award.
The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will have its Ambassador Luncheon from noon to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the chamber's office, 38550 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills. RSVP at [email protected]
• • •
The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will have its Chamber Business Breakfast from 7 to 8:30 a.m. Thursday at the Golden Corral, 6855 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills. John Hagen, president/CEO Pasco Economic Development Council, will be the program speaker. The cost is $7 for members and includes a hot breakfast buffet.
• • •
West Pasco Chamber of Commerce's Ambassadors Club and Young Professionals Group will co-host the second annual "Invasion" to Business Success week from July 11-25.
The "Treasure to Success" Business Expo and Mixer will begin at 5 p.m. July 25 at the Verizon Wireless Expo Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey.
Expo sponsorships are available in Black Pearl, Jolly Roger, Flying Dutchman, Black Beard and Scaliwag levels. For discount table reservations, RSVP before July 15.
For information, call the chamber at (727) 842-7651.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: SCORE Chapter 439 is presenting a series of free seminars. To register and for additional information, visit score439.org and click on the Local Workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
• "Introduction to QuickBooks," 5:15 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• "Using the Internet in your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Land O'Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes.
• "E-Marketing Concepts," 5:15 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• "Advanced QuickBooks," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City.
• "Introduction to QuickBooks," 5 to 7 p.m. June 18, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• "How to Really Start Your Own Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. June 27, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
To register, visit score439.org and click on the Local Workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
MANUFACTURING SKILLS: Pasco-Hernando Community College's corporate training department will host a Manufacturing Skills Standards Council Certified Production Technician training program from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays through July 31 at PHCC's Spring Hill Campus, 450 Beverly Court.
The Manufacturing Skills Standards Council is an industry-led training, assessment and certification system focused on the core skills and knowledge needed by the nation's production workers. The course fee is $1,100 per person and includes all instructional materials and certifications. Employers may qualify for up to 50 percent in training reimbursement funds through the Pasco-Hernando Workforce Board.
To register or for information, call (727) 816-3123.
LEADER DEVELOPMENT: Pasco-Hernando Community College's corporate training department will host a Leadership Certificate Program designed to develop mid-level professionals for greater leadership roles within their organizations, from 8 a.m. to noon Tuesdays, beginning July 9 until Aug. 27 at PHCC's East Campus, 36727 Blanton Road, Dade City.
The 32-hour, eight-week, noncredit program will be presented by Lori Bainum, PHCC director of corporate training. The cost is $599 for chamber members, $799 for nonmembers.
Applications are available at phcc.edu/leadership. For information, call (727) 816-3123.
SMALL BUSINESS CONSULTATIONS: Free consultations for small businesses and entrepreneurs are available by appointment from 9 to 11 a.m. on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month in the Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce conference room at 38550 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills. The chamber offers the free and confidential consultations in partnership with the Small Business Development Center at the University of South Florida. For information or to schedule an appointment, call toll-free 1-888-929-2221.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to [email protected] or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road in the Regency Shopping Center, New Port Richey. Call Ashok Visuvasam at (813) 333-1622.
• BNI Business by Referral: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Heritage Church, 1854 Oak Grove Blvd., Lutz. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. The cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 11:45 a.m. Tuesday at Boulevard Beef & Ale, 6236 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Trinity Business Association: 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The association is made up of professionals who promote one another's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• BNI Revenue Source: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Broken Yolk restaurant, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. The group meets every Wednesday. Email [email protected]
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at Hungry Harry's Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O'Lakes Blvd. (in the Lakehouse). The event sponsor is DigitalBrainz. The cost is $5 and includes breakfast. For information, call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• West Pasco Business Network: noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday at the Blue Dolphin Restaurant, 8825 State Road 52, Hudson. The network is made up of West Pasco business leaders committed to helping each other grow and develop their businesses. Visit westpascobusiness.org or call Bill Pearce at (727) 277-2617.
• Gals Golfing & Networking: 3 to 5 p.m. (instruction and golf), 5 to 6 p.m. (golf tips and networking) Wednesday at the Babe Zaharias Golf Course, 11412 Forest Hills Drive, Tampa. Cost $20, covers all course fees. To RSVP, call (813) 996-6100 or email [email protected]
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Women Helping Women: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at Medical Center of Trinity, 9330 State Road 54, Trinity. Lunch is available for purchase in the hospital cafeteria. To RSVP, call Gigi D. Evans at (727) 945-9669.