The West Pasco Bar Association recently held its annual installation banquet at the Heritage Springs Country Club. Pasco County Circuit Judge W. Lowell Bray Jr. presided over the installation.
New officers include Amanda Colon, president; Nichole Alvarez-Sowles, president-elect; Sarah Barkley Raaymakers, vice president; Ryan Doddridge, treasurer, and Lorie Cox, secretary. Serving on the board of directors are Kris Hudson, J. Larry Hart and Maurice Feller.
Bray, chief administrative judge for Pasco, was presented with the Exemplary Achievement Award for his years of outstanding achievements in his legal career while exhibiting courage and extraordinary service to the legal profession.
The West Pasco Bar Association is an association of lawyers practicing in Pasco County. It's mission is to inspire and promote respect for the law and the justice system through service to the legal profession and the community.
• West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have its Ambassador Luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday at Catches on the Waterfront Grille, 7811 Bayview St., Port Richey. The cost is $12 (includes beverage, tax and gratuity). To RSVP, call the chamber at (727) 842-7651.
• Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will have its Ambassador Leadership Workshop at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday at Blackstone's Reef and Grill, 38361 County Road 54, Zephyrhills. RSVP to (813) 782-1913.
CHAMBER DINNER: The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have its quarterly chamber dinner from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey.
Speaker: Ford Kyes. Topic: Learn 5 Ways to Increase your Business' Treasure Chest.
The social hour will be from 5:30 to 6 p.m. with a cash bar. Dinner will be served at 6 p.m. The cost is $20 per person and includes tax and gratuity. For information or to RSVP, call (727) 842-7651.
• Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will have a ribbon-cutting at Rose's Cafe, 38426 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills, from 10 to 11 a.m. Monday. Visit zephyrhillschamber.org.
• The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have five combined ribbon-cuttings at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday at Verizon Events Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey.
The five businesses are: Verizon Events Center, Jeff DeLigio; Time For Wine, Diana Jerome; Local 360 Photos, Todd Pillars; All Phase Building Concepts, Rick Studley; and Family Benefit Services, Lou Partazana.
• Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have a ribbon-cutting at OurTownFLA, at Copperstone Executive Suites & Office Space, 3632 Land O'Lakes, at 7 p.m. Thursday. For information, call Meredith or Leona at the chamber office, (813) 909-2722.
LAB TOUR: The Electrophysiology Team at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point will offer tours of a procedural suite and discuss the newest minimally invasive technologies available at the hospital from 2 to 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, Entrance D, 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson. The free presentation is sponsored by the Arrhythmia Center of Florida at the hospital. To RSVP, call (727) 869-5498.
SHRED-A-THON: Business & Professional Women of Calusa will have a shred-a-thon from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday at A+ Tax & Accounting, 6518 U.S. 19, New Port Richey.
ProShred will destroy documents while you watch. The cost is $5 or $10. All proceeds will benefit BPW Calusa.
The event is sponsored by Judy Williams of A+ Tax & Accounting Service, GiGi D. Evans of FLA Title Services, Toni Weidman of ReMax New Dimensions, Bob Breedlove of Liberty National, Alice Delgardo of West Pasco Toastmasters Club, and the law firm Doran & Beam.
For information, call Judy Williams, (727) 847-6324.
SMALL-BUSINESS CONSULTATIONS: Free consultations for small businesses and entrepreneurs are available by appointment from 9 to 11 a.m. on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month in the Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce conference room at 38550 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills.
The chamber offers the free and confidential consultations in partnership with the Small Business Development Center at the University of South Florida. To get information or to schedule an appointment, call toll-free 1-888-929-2221.
MANUFACTURING SKILLS: Pasco-Hernando Community College's corporate training department will host a Manufacturing Skills Standards Council Certified Production Technician training program from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays through July 31 at PHCC's Spring Hill Campus, 450 Beverly Court.
The Manufacturing Skills Standards Council is an industry-led training, assessment and certification system focused on the core skills and knowledge needed by the nation's production workers. The course fee is $1,100 per person and includes all instructional materials and certifications. Employers may qualify for up to 50 percent reimbursement for training costs through the Pasco-Hernando Workforce Board.
For registration or information, call (727) 816-3123.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to [email protected] or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, in the Regency Shopping Center, New Port Richey. Call Ashok Visuvasam at (813) 333-1622.
• BNI Business by Referral: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Heritage Church, 1854 Oak Grove Blvd., Lutz. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. The cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the Royal Super Buffet, 9550 U.S. 19, Suite 1 (in the Chili's shopping center), Port Richey. Speaker: Samantha Brighton, tobacco prevention specialist and community policy coordinator for the Pasco County Health Department. Cost is $9 per person and includes buffet lunch, beverage, tax and tip. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen who meet regularly on the third Tuesday of each month. Membership is $5 per year. Call Myrtle, (727) 934-9993.
• Trinity Business Association: 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• West Pasco Business Alliance: 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at Atria Baypoint Village, 7927 State Road 52, Hudson. Meets the third Tuesday of every month. The cost is $7 and includes lunch. Abby Hamilton, (813) 817-1905.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The association is made up of professionals who promote one another's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• BNI Revenue Source: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at Hungry Harry's Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O'Lakes Blvd. (in the Lakehouse). The event sponsor is DigitalBrainz. The cost is $5 and includes breakfast. For information, call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Broken Yolk restaurant, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. The group meets every Wednesday. Email [email protected]
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• West Pasco Business Network: noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Blue Dolphin, 8825 State Road 52, Hudson. The network is made up of West Pasco business leaders committed to helping each other grow and develop their businesses. Visit westpascobusiness.org or call Bill Pearce at (727) 277-2617.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursday at IHOP, 10740 State Road 54, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Trinity Networking Group: West Pasco Chamber's business card and brochure exchange is from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at Fox Hollow Golf Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. The event is sponsored by ABCO Graphics & Printing. The cost is $11 per person. RSVP to the chamber at (727) 842-7651.