Leadership Pasco, a development program that explores critical issues through a series of seminars and hands-on activities, is accepting applications for its class of 2013.
The program is open to people interested in community involvement and perpetuating the prosperity of Pasco County.
Topics include leadership skills, the history of Pasco County, education, health care/social services, law enforcement/criminal justice, economic and business development, government and infrastructure.
Applications are due by June 1, and may be submitted at www.leadershippasco.com. For an application, email Cindy Ewald, Leadership Pasco recruitment chairwoman, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• • •
Nominations for the 2012 King Pithla and Queen Chasco are now being accepted. The 27th annual Chasco Coronation Ball will be March 23 at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey.
The king and queen are chosen for their dedication and commitment to the community. Organizations are encouraged to submit the names of deserving community volunteers who have helped make the community a better place to live.
Nominations should include nominee's name, address, phone and email address. The information should be sent by Feb. 17 to Sylvia Perez, executive director for the Lighthouse for the Visually Impaired and Blind, at email@example.com.
The king and queen are chosen by independent judges, not associated with the Lighthouse in any way.
Proceeds from the event benefit the Lighthouse for the Visually Impaired and Blind. For information on nominations or the Chasco Coronation Ball, contact Tina Shelton at (727) 439-0516 or you may email tina firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jeremy George was recently named executive director of SERVPRO of West Pasco. George holds a bachelor's degree in general business from the University of Central Florida. He has been with the company for several years.
SERVPRO of West Pasco, a franchise owned by Laurie and Andy Froelich, began in October 1991. For information, call (727) 847-3000.
• • •
Dr. Brett Scotch recently opened a new medical office — Scotch Institute of Ear, Nose & Throat — at 27406 Cashford Circle in the Seven Oaks Summergate Professional Center, Wesley Chapel.
Scotch will continue to care for both adult and pediatric ear, nose and throat patients in his newer, larger and more modern facility.
Scotch is board-certified in otolaryngology and facial plastic surgery, and has a Sleep Medicine Certificate of Added Qualifications. He was recently named both the Florida state and Hillsborough County 2011 Physician of the Year by his osteopathic peers. For information, call (813) 994-8900.
Women's Connection of New Port Richey will have its monthly meeting from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Feb. 13 at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Ann Parrish will speak on the topic, "Protective Umbrella When Life Is Unpredictable." A feature presentation, "How to Hide Under an Umbrella in Your Nightshirt," will be given.
The cost is $15 and includes the program, speaker and luncheon. RSVP to Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Ruth at (727) 375-9873 by Feb. 11.
• • •
The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce in partnership with Pasco-Hernando Community College will present its first series of Brown Bag Biz-Days Professional Development Seminars, "Leadership in Practice."
The three-part series, hosted by CenterState Bank, will be facilitated by Lori Bainum, PHCC director of corporate training. Each class/seminar will be from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the bank, 6930 Gall Blvd., second floor conference room, Zephyrhills.
Classes include "Effective Meetings" on Feb. 22; "Time Management and Your Success" on March 7; and "Dealing with Daily Interruptions" on March 14.
The cost is $10 per class. A certificate of achievement will be awarded for completing all three classes.
Please bring your lunch. Light refreshments will be served. To RSVP, call (813) 782-1913.
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Panera Bread, 3234 Little Road in the Mitchell Ranch Plaza, Trinity. Meets every Monday. Call Ashok Visuvasam at (813) 333-1622.
• Pasco Hernando NPI Networking Group: 11:45 a.m. Tuesday at Boulevard Beef and Ale, 6236 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The association is made up of professionals who work together to promote each other's businesses. The group meets every Tuesday. Visit westpascobusiness association.com.
• BNI Revenue Source: 7:30 to 9 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs Country Club, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Visitors welcome. Cost, with breakfast, is $10. Call David Randall at (727) 842-7744.
• Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:45 to 9 a.m. Wednesday at Hungry Harry's Famous Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O'Lakes Blvd., Land O'Lakes. Meets the first and third Wednesday of each month. A full breakfast is served at no cost. To RSVP, call the chamber at (813) 909-2722.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan, co-owner of the Theater Doctor, at (813) 929-6816.
• Neighborhood Networks: 11:45 a.m. Wednesday at Trio's Restaurant at Quality Inn and Suites, 5316 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. The group meets every Wednesday. Call Maryann Wilkes at (813) 264-6108 or visit ourneighborhoodnetworks.com.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 (includes breakfast). The group meets every Thursday. For information or a reservation, call Sheryl Ryan at (352) 556-7711.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Los Vallarta Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Capt. Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Women Helping Women: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at Fox Hollow Golf and Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Cost for luncheon is $11. Meets the first Thursday of each month. No charge to join. For information or to RSVP, call Gigi D. Evans at (727) 945-9669.
If you have business announcements you would like to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 15365 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, FL 34613-6174. You may also email items to email@example.com or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.