Top performing hotel: Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham, Zephyrhills, recently received a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence award. The accolade honors hospitality excellence and is given only to establishments that consistently achieve outstanding traveler reviews on TripAdvisor. Call (813) 783-2211.
HOSPITAL HONORS: Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point was recently named a Blue Distinction Center in the area of spine surgery by Florida Blue. The Blue Distinction Centers for Specialty Care program is a national designation awarded by BlueCross BlueShield companies to medical facilities that have demonstrated expertise in delivering quality specialty care.
For information, call Kurt Conover, (727) 861-5141.
UNIVERSITY HONORS: Saint Leo University's Master of Business Administration degree with a specialization in Sport Business has been ranked as a top online program by the London-based publication SportBusiness International. Saint Leo was ranked third in the international online category, along side Ohio University and Johan Cruyff Institute. For the raking, universities were evaluated on program characteristics and the results of responses to surveys of alumni on questions including satisfaction with course teaching, levels of support, internship requirements and average salary level three years after graduation.
TRAUMA MEDICAL DIRECTOR: Dr. David H. Villarreal was recently appointed trauma medical director at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point. Dr. Villarreal, a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, joined Bayonet Point from East Texas Medical Center, where he was director of the trauma intensive care unit.
CHAMBER RIBBON-CUTTINGS: The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have four ribbon-cuttings during the coming week:
• Placement Solutions, at Career Central, 4440 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey, 11:30 a.m. Tuesday. Call Colleen Hopkins, (727) 420-0903.
• Tampa Bay Cat Alliance, 11720 U.S. 19, Suites 21-22, Port Richey, 11:30 a.m. Wednesday. Call Alison Buckley, (727) 859-2208.
• Trident Behavioral Healthcare, 6133 U.S. 19, New Port Richey, 11:30 a.m. Thursday. Call Ted Ferguson, (727) 842-6900.
• Trident Wellness Center, 6131 U.S. 19, New Port Richey, 11:30 a.m. Thursday. Call Tim Ferguson, (727) 842-6900.
SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS WORKSHOP: Sheridan Tax & Bookkeeping will present a free seminar, "Building a Successful Business," from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Thursday at the Verizon Events Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey. Shannon Sheridan will share how to work smarter with your time and end the headache of disorganization. To RSVP, call (727) 755-0079.
YOUNG PROFESSIONALS GROUP: The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce's Young Professionals Group will have a barbecue from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday under Shelter 8 at A.L. Anderson Park, 39699 U.S. 19, Tarpon Springs. YPG will provide main course and drinks. Guests should bring a side dish. RSVP to the chamber at (727) 842-7651 by Thursday.
BUILDING BLOCKS FOR BUSINESS: West Pasco Chamber of Commerce's Ambassadors Club and Young Professionals Group will co-host the second annual "Invasion to Business Success" event from July 11-25.
The "Treasure to Success" Business Expo and Mixer will begin at 5 p.m. July 25 at the Verizon Wireless Expo Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey.
Expo sponsorships are available in Black Pearl, Jolly Roger, Flying Dutchman, Black Beard and Scalawag levels. For discount table reservations, RSVP before July 15.
For information, call the chamber at (727) 842-7651.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: SCORE Chapter 439 is presenting a series of free seminars.
• "Introduction to QuickBooks," 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• "How to Really Start Your Own Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. June 27, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
To register and for additional information, visit score439.org and click on the "Local Workshops" tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
MANUFACTURING SKILLS: Pasco-Hernando Community College's corporate training department will host a Manufacturing Skills Standards Council Certified Production Technician training program from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays through July 31 at PHCC's Spring Hill Campus, 450 Beverly Court.
The Manufacturing Skills Standards Council is an industry-led training, assessment and certification system focused on the core skills and knowledge needed by the nation's production workers. The course fee is $1,100 per person and includes all instructional materials and certifications. Employers may qualify for up to 50 percent reimbursement for training costs through the Pasco-Hernando Workforce Board.
To register or for information, call (727) 816-3123.
LEADER DEVELOPMENT: Pasco-Hernando Community College's corporate training department will host a Leadership Certificate Program designed to develop midlevel professionals for greater leadership roles within their organizations, from 8 a.m. to noon Tuesdays, beginning July 9 until Aug. 27 at PHCC's East Campus, 36727 Blanton Road, Dade City.
The 32-hour, eight-week, noncredit program will be presented by Lori Bainum, PHCC director of corporate training. The cost is $599 for chamber members, $799 for nonmembers.
Applications are available at phcc.edu/leadership. For information, call (727) 816-3123.
SMALL BUSINESS CONSULTATIONS: Free consultations for small businesses and entrepreneurs are available by appointment from 9 to 11 a.m. on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month in the Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce conference room at 38550 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills. The chamber offers the free and confidential consultations in partnership with the Small Business Development Center at the University of South Florida. For information or to schedule an appointment, call toll-free 1-888-929-2221.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to [email protected] or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road in the Regency Shopping Center, New Port Richey. Call Ashok Visuvasam at (813) 333-1622.
• BNI Business by Referral: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Heritage Church, 1854 Oak Grove Blvd., Lutz. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. The cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 11:45 a.m. Tuesday at Boulevard Beef & Ale, 6236 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the Royal Super Buffet, 9550 U.S. 19, Suite 1 (in the Chili's shopping center), Port Richey. Speaker: Carol A. Johns, certified business analyst for the Small Business Development Center at USF. Cost is $9 per person and includes buffet lunch, beverage and tip. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen who meet regularly on the third Tuesday of each month. Membership is $5 per year. Call Myrtle, (727) 934-9993.
• West Pasco Business Alliance: 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at Atria Baypoint Village, 7927 State Road 52, Hudson. Meets the third Tuesday of every month. The cost is $7 and includes lunch. Abby Hamilton, (813) 817-1905.
• Trinity Business Association: 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The association is made up of professionals who promote one another's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• BNI Revenue Source: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Broken Yolk restaurant, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. The group meets every Wednesday. Email [email protected]
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at Hungry Harry's Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O'Lakes Blvd. (in the Lakehouse). The event sponsor is DigitalBrainz. The cost is $5 and includes breakfast. For information, call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• West Pasco Business Network: noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday at the Blue Dolphin Restaurant, 8825 State Road 52, Hudson. The network is made up of West Pasco business leaders committed to helping each other grow and develop their businesses. Visit westpascobusiness.org or call Bill Pearce at (727) 277-2617.
• Gals Golfing & Networking: 3 to 5 p.m. (instruction and golf), 5 to 6 p.m. (golf tips and networking) Wednesday at the Babe Zaharias Golf Course, 11412 Forest Hills Drive, Tampa. Cost $20, covers all course fees. To RSVP, call (813) 996-6100 or email [email protected]
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce: Chamber Mixer, 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday at Simple Solutions Salon & Day Spa, 37722 Geiger Road, Zephyhrills. Call (813) 782-1913.
• West Pasco Chamber of Commerce: Chamber After Five:00 Mixer, 5:30 p.m. Thursday at Atria Baypoint Village, 7927 State Road 52, Hudson. Light hors d'oeuvres and cash bar.