WOMEN-N-CHARGE GRANT PROGRAM: Women-n-Charge, whose mission, in part, is to support and assist professional women in managing their business more effectively, is offering two $1,000 grants this spring.
The business advancement grant is for business related equipment or services and the career advancement grant is for continuing education. Learn more about the grant opportunities at women-n-charge.com/Grants.html .
Applications are available online and are due March 15. For information, contact president Judy Nicolosi at (813) 600-9848 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
EAST PASCO VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: SCORE Chapter 439 is looking for volunteers, especially those who reside on the east side of Pasco, to put their business skills to work helping local businesses. SCORE mentors donate their time and talent to small businesses.
For details, visit score439.org and click on "Volunteer."
THERAPIST AND SOCIAL WORKER RECEIVES CERTIFICATION: Bonnie Martin, with Lifespan Services in New Port Richey, has been officially certified as an e-therapist by the state of Florida. As an e-therapoist, Martin is able to provide mental health counseling for individuals in the privacy of their home or office through the use of secure telephone and Internet services.
The certification provides a new avenue for Lifespan Services as Martin can now reach homebound or elderly persons who are unable to travel to an office.
Martin has practiced in Pasco County since 1978 as a licensed clinical social worker. For 20 years she owned and operated childcare centers and for the past 15 yeas she has provided mental health counseling for children, adults and families at Lifespan Services.
CHAMBER RIBBON-CUTTING: The Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have a ribbon-cutting for Gulfside Hospice & Pasco Palliative Care, 2061 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes, at 12:30 p.m. Tuesday. A grand opening is set from noon to 2 p.m., and from 5 to 7 p.m. During each open house, tours of the new building and presentations will be given. Call the chamber at (813) 909-2722.
STOCK MARKET SEMINARS: Independent Financial Services will offer its "State of the Markets" seminar at two locations:
From 10 to 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at 13315 U.S. 301, Dade City; and from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Thursday at 20635 Amberfield Drive, Land O'Lakes.
The seminar will give some insight on how the stock market may act in 2014, and what it all means for you. There will be a question/answer period.
The seminars are free. For information or to register, call (813) 908-2701.
SMALL-BUSINESS CONSULTATIONS: Free consultations for small businesses and entrepreneurs are available by appointment from 9 to 11 a.m. on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month in the Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce conference room, 38550 Fifth Ave.
For information or to schedule an appointment, call toll-free 1-888-929-2221.
PESTICIDE LICENSE EXAM REVIEW: The University of Florida, Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences Extension will offer a pesticide license exam review in the category of ornamental and turf, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday at the Hernando County Cooperative Extension Service, 1653 Blaise Drive, Brooksville.
The ornamental and turf category is for public or commercial applications of restricted use pesticides to golf courses, athletic fields, parks and cemeteries. Two continuing education units will be given.
The cost is $15 and covers printed materials. All attendees desiring to complete the ornamental and turf exam must have a valid photo ID with current address. To RSVP, visit feb2014otexamreview.eventbrite.com. For information, call Dr. Stacy Strickland at (352) 754-4433.
LUNCH & LEARN: The Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have a Lunch & Learn workshop from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Copperstone Executive Suites & Office Space; 3632 Land O'Lakes Blvd., Land O'Lakes.
Learn how to maximize your chamber page. Lunch & Learns are provided to increase awareness and provide education in areas to further develop and grow your business. Topics vary. Free to chamber members. Bring your own lunch & beverage. Call the chamber at (813) 909-2722.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: SCORE Chapter 439 will present a series of free business seminars.
• "Creating a Business Plan," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Zephyrhills.
• "Focused Selling Skills," noon to 1:30 p.m. March 3, Dade City Business Center, 15000 Citrus County Drive, Suite 103, Dade City.
• "E-Marketing Concepts," 5 to 6:45 p.m. March 4, Lykes Memorial Library, main branch, 238 Howell Ave., Brooksville.
• "Using the Internet in Your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 11, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• "How to Really Start Your Business," 5:25 to 730 p.m. March 12, South Holiday Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Road, Holiday.
• "How to Apply for a Business Loan," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 12, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 4th St., Dade City.
• "Creating a Business Plan," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 13, Regency Park Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• "How to Apply for a Business Loan," 5:25 to 7:30 p.m. March 18, Centennial Park Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• "Using the Internet in Your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 18, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• "Marketing to Grow your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 25, Land O'Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes.
• "How to Really Start Your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 27, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel.
To register, visit score439.org and click on the "Local Workshops" tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to email@example.com or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.