LIFESPAN SERVICES NOW AFFILIATED WITH UF COLLEGE OF MEDICINE: Bonnie Martin, licensed clinical social worker and co-founder of Lifespan Services in New Port Richey, announced recently that Lifespan is now affiliated with the University of Florida College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, providing mental health services to Pasco children.
As a result of the affiliation, Martin and Lifespan's executive director, Alyssa Visalli, will be courtesy faculty. Both specialize in working with children and will be providing counseling to those who have medical concerns such as juvenile diabetes.
For information, call Lifespan Services at (727) 847-0069.
AREA SWEETBAYS CONVERTING TO WINN-DIXIES: Bi-Lo Holdings, parent company of Bi-Lo and Winn-Dixie grocery stores recently announced that it will begin to rebrand 18 Sweetbay stores throughout much of the Tampa, Brandon and Zephyrhills areas.
Locally, the following Sweetbay stores are scheduled to close on April 5 and reopen on April 11 as Winn-Dixie stores:
• Store 1916, at 27301 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel.
• Store 1874, at 38901 State Road 54 E, Zephyrhills.
FREE BUSINESS ASSISTANCE: SCORE, a nonprofit association dedicated to educating entrepreneurs and helping small businesses start, grow and succeed nationwide, has partnered with the Small Business Administration and Counselors to America's Small Business, to offer free counseling to startups as well as established businesses.
More than 26 former business owners and corporate executives are available to offer assistance to Pasco and Hernando county individuals. For information, visit Score439.org or call (727) 842-4638.
SMALL-BUSINESS CONSULTATIONS: Free consultations for small businesses and entrepreneurs are available by appointment from 9 to 11 a.m. on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month in the Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce conference room, 38550 Fifth Ave.
For information or to schedule an appointment, call toll-free 1-888-929-2221.
EAST PASCO VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: SCORE Chapter 439 is looking for volunteers, especially those who reside on the east side of Pasco, to put their business skills to work helping local businesses. SCORE mentors donate their time and talent to small businesses.
For details, visit score439.org and click on "Volunteer."
DOCTOR RECOGNIZED: Dr. Stephen A. Hanff, board certified orthopedic surgeon, was recently inducted as a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons at the national meeting in New Orleans.
Hanff practices at the Florida Joint Care Institute in Trinity with a focus on hip and knee replacement, sports medicine, arthroscopy and fracture care.
For information, call (727) 372-6637.
AMBASSADORS LUNCHEON: The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will have its monthly Ambassador's Luncheon at noon Tuesday at the chamber's office, 38550 5th Ave., Zephyrhills. The event is sponsored by CF Industries. Contact Pat at (813) 782-1913.
GRAND OPENING AND DEDICATION: Pasco-Hernando State College will host a grand opening and dedication ceremony for its fifth full-service campus, the Porter Campus at Wiregrass Ranch, 2727 Mansfield Blvd., Wesley Chapel, from 4 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday. The dedication ceremony will be at 5:30 p.m. in the conference center, building B. To RSVP, visit phsc.edu/rsvp.
BEAUTY IS ONLY SKIN DEEP: Women's Connection of New Port Richey will present "Beauty Is Only Skin Deep," at its regular monthly meeting, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. April 14 at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey.
Carolyn Pruette will speak on the topic: "So I'm Not Miss America — Get over it!" Silver jewelry, presented by Diane Truax, will be featured. The cost is $15 and includes the program, luncheon and speaker. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 by April 12.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: SCORE Chapter 439 will present a series of free business seminars.
• "How to apply for a 501c3," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. April 3, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• "E-Marketing Concepts," 5 to 6;45 p.m. April 8, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• "Advanced QuickBooks," 5:25 to 7:30 p.m. April 8, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• "How to apply for a Business Loan," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. April 8, Land O'Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes.
To register, visit score439.org and click on the "Local Workshops" tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, in Regency Shopping Center, New Port Richey. Call Tony Nalli at (727) 858-7907.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. The cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• Catholic Business Network: 7:30 to 9 a.m. Tuesday at Our Lady of the Rosary, 2348 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes. All Christians welcome to network. Call Mary Ann Whallen at (813) 833-4737 or visit cbntampa.com.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. Made up of professionals who promote one another's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• Trinity Business Association: 6 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. The group meets Wednesdays. Email email@example.com.
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at Hungry Harry's Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O'Lakes Blvd. (in the Lakehouse). Short networking presentation followed by opportunity for all attendees to do a 30 second commercial. The event sponsor is Proly, Laporte & Mulligan, P.A. Cost is $7 and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• West Pasco Business Network: Noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Blue Dolphin, 8825 State Road 52, Hudson. For more information, visit westpascobusiness.org or call Joanne Grassi at (727) 856-9595.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. April 3 at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. April 3 at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce Business Breakfast: 7 to 8:30 a.m. April 3 at Golden Corral, 6855 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills. The event is sponsored by Samaritan Project. The cost is $7 and includes a hot breakfast buffet. Call Pat Pennington, (813) 782-1913.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. April 3 at IHOP, 10740 State Road 54, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Hudson Networking Group: West Pasco Chamber's business card and brochure exchange is from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. April 3 at Atria Baypoint Village, 7927 State Road 52, Hudson. The event is sponsored by Read Wealth Management. The cost is $10. To RSVP, call the chamber at (727) 842-7651 by Wednesday.