KNOWLEDGEPOINTS TUTORING CELEBRATES ANNIVERSARY: KnowledgePoints Tutoring, a locally owned and operated education provider for grades kindergarten through 12, recently celebrated its fifth anniversary.
An open house from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. each Saturday in October will be held. During October, as part of the celebration, free diagnostic testing will be offered. In addition, current and new customers will receive a discount if they prepay. Learn how to help your student improve grades and test scores.
For information, call (813) 909-0781.
RESTAURANT RE-OPENS: Aquafinz, a seafood restaurant at 16553 Point Village Drive in Lutz, has reopened with a new lease on life, following its recent closure due to a landlord dispute.
Chef Lenny Terlaje, who was the executive chef at the recently closed Splash restaurant, has joined the management team. Owner Angela Madonia, said that customers will notice better food and service.
From State Road 54, customers will first notice the 25-foot inflatable Dungeness crab outside the restaurant. For information, call (813) 926-3333.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: SCORE Chapter 439 is looking for volunteers to put their business skills to work helping local businesses. SCORE mentors donate their time and talent to small businesses. For information, visit score439.org and click on "Volunteer."
HUNGRY HOWIE'S GOES PINK FOR BREAST CANCER FOUNDATION: Hungry Howie's kicked off its fifth annual Love, Hope & Pizza campaign on Oct. 1 to benefit the National Breast Cancer Foundation.
During the month of October, the restaurant will go pink with large pizzas being served in pink boxes with the NBCF logo. For every story shared on Facebook, every new Facebook fan, every picture tagged #LOVEHOPEPIZZA and every large pizza purchased, Hungry Howie's will make a donation to NBCF. Supporters may also purchase $1 Love, Hope & Pizza wristbands with all proceeds going to NBCF.
For information, visit hungryhowies.com.
SMALL-BUSINESS CONSULTATIONS: Free consultations for small businesses and entrepreneurs are available by appointment from 9 to 11 a.m. on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month in the Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce conference room at 38550 Fifth Ave.
The chamber offers the free and confidential consultations in partnership with the Small Business Development Center at the University of South Florida.
To get information or to schedule an appointment, call toll-free 1-888-929-2221.
LIGHTHOUSE CELEBRATES 30 YEARS: Lighthouse for the Visually Impaired and Blind will have an open house from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Monday at 8610 Galen Wilson Blvd., Port Richey, to celebrate its 30th anniversary.
A birthday dinner will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Monday at Grille 54, 10900 State Road 54, Trinity. The cost is $12 per person.
To RSVP, call (727) 815-0303 or email [email protected]
COMMUNITY EXPO: Trinity Business Association will host its 2013 Community Expo from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday at Fox Hollow Golf Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity.
The family-friendly event is free and open to the public. The event includes vendors, giveaways and a silent auction to benefit TBA's scholarship program.
For information, visit trinitybusinessassociation.com.
GRAND OPENING & RIBBON CUTTING: Mai Sedation and Family Dentistry will have a grand opening and ribbon-cutting ceremony from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Tuesday at 7214 State Road 52, Hudson.
For information, call (727) 869-4747.
FREE WORKSHOP: The Referral Institute will offer a free networking workshop, "4 1/2 Networking Mistakes Even the Experts Make," at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday at Pebble Creek Country Club, 10550 Regent Park Drive, Tampa.
RSVP by Monday. Call Tiffanie Kellog, (888) 282-8649 or email [email protected]
DINE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE: Greater New Port Richey Main Street Design Team, in partnership with the local Port Richey Bob Evans restaurant, will present the Dine to Make A Difference project, to raise funds to the save the historic Hacienda Hotel.
The fundraiser will be from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday at 9115 U.S. 19, Port Richey. A portion of all proceeds from diners who present the Save the Hacienda flier, will be donated to the renovation of the historic hotel in downtown New Port Richey.
Fliers are available at New Port Richey City Hall, West Pasco Chamber of Commerce office, Downtown Art Gallery, Pasco Camera Exchange, and the Main Street office. For information, call (727) 842-8066.
HPH HOSPICE THRIFT STORE & MORE ANNIVERSARY: The HPH Hospice Thrift Store & More will celebrate its 10th anniversary from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Saturday at 6528 Massachusetts Ave., in East Richey Square, New Port Richey.
To celebrate, customers will receive 20 percent off their total purchase of $5 or more (excluding tax), and prize drawings will be held every 45 minutes from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. A grand prize will be awarded at 2:30 p.m. Free furniture delivery on sales over $150 (local and first-floor deliveries only).
For information, call (727) 841-7356.
SERTOMA SPEECH & HEARING FOUNDATION'S 30TH ANNIVERSARY: Sertoma Speech & Hearing Foundation of Florida will celebrate its 30th anniversary from 6 to 10 p.m. Saturday at Castriota Chevrolet, 8425 U.S. 19, Port Richey.
The celebration, sponsored by George's Wholesale Tires, will include free hors d'oeuvres, beer and wine, as well as Texas hold'em poker and other casino games, entertainment, an auction and car show.
Tickets are $35 per person in advance or $40 at the door, and $60 per couple. Dress is casual with an '80s theme. For information, call (727) 834-5479.
WOMEN'S CONNECTION OF NEW PORT RICHEY: Toymakers presentation, creating hand-carved wooden toys for the needy and homeless, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Oct. 14 at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey.
In addition, guest speaker Carolyn Ersign will speak on the topic, "Orphan Finds Belonging." Cost $15 and includes program, luncheon and speaker. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 by Oct. 12.
FREE SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: SCORE Chapter 439 is presenting several free seminars.
• "E-Marketing Concepts," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Land O'Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes.
• "Advanced QuickBooks," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, South Holiday Branch Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive, Holiday.
• "Increase Sales-Master Selling Skills," 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Saturday, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• "Advanced QuickBooks," 5:30 to 6:45 p.m. Oct. 15, Lykes Memorial Library Brooksville main branch, 238 Howell Ave., Brooksville.
• "Tips for Successful Grant Writing," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 15, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• "Increase Sales-Master Selling Skills," 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. Oct. 26, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City.
• "Using the Internet in Your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 31, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel.
To register and for additional information, visit score439.org and click on the "Local Workshops" tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
Save the date
NATIONAL PHILANTHROPY DAY LUNCHEON: The Nature Coast chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals will host its National Philanthropy Day luncheon at noon Nov. 12 at the Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey.
Nominations are now being accepted. Categories include: philanthropist of the year, philanthropic corporation, philanthropic small business, philanthropic service organization, volunteer and youth.
Sponsorships are available. Contact Craig McCart at (727) 834-5479.
HARVEST FESTIVAL/BUSINESS EXPO: The 10th annual Harvest Festival/Business Expo will be from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 2 at Zephyr Park, 38116 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills.
The free event is a faith and family event offering live Christian entertainment, exhibitors and businesses, in addition to food, games, giveaways and family fun.
For information, call (813) 317-4975 or email [email protected]
PIGZ IN Z'HILLS BBQ & BLUES: The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce's fourth annual Pigz in Z'Hills BBQ & Blues will be Jan. 18 at the Zephyrhills Municipal Airport, 39450 South Ave. Visit zephyrhillschamber.org.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to [email protected] or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, in Regency Shopping Center, New Port Richey. Call Ashok Visuvasam at (813) 333-1622.
• BNI Business by Referral: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Heritage Church, 1854 Oak Grove Blvd., Lutz. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. The cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• Business Development Council: 8:15 a.m. Tuesday at Cracker Barrel, 5341 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. The business networking group, hosted by Cadence Bank, promotes individual business members. The group meets the second Tuesday of each month. Call Crystal Menzie Olson at (727) 376-1030.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday at Village Inn, 5214 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills. The group meets on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month. Call Nils Lenz at (813) 782-9491.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. Made up of professionals who promote one another's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• BNI Revenue Source: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. The group meets Wednesdays. Email [email protected]
• Pasco Aging Network: 8 to 10 a.m. Wednesday at the CARES Rao Musunuru M.D. Enrichment Center, 12417 Clock Tower Parkway, Hudson. Breakfast will be provided free. For a reservation, call Teri Nichols at (352) 796-6000. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.
• Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce's 'Join Us for Java': Quarterly membership meeting from 9 to 10 a.m. Wednesday at the chamber office, 38550 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills. October program: Carolyn Sentelik, chamber president; Vonnie Mikkelsen. Call (813) 782-1913.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• West Pasco Business Network: Noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Blue Dolphin, 8825 State Road 52, Hudson. The network is made up of West Pasco business leaders committed to helping each other grow and develop their businesses. For more information, visit westpascobusiness.org or call Bill Pearce at (727) 277-2617.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursday at IHOP, 10740 State Road 54, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.