FreightCenter.com, an online shipping service and software provider at 2049 Welbilt Blvd., Trinity, was recently recognized in Food Logistics magazine for developing software that optimizes and manages transportation operations for food and beverage supply chains.
Named to a list of 100 software and technology provides, FreightCenter.com specializes in technology that allows manufacturers, distributors and retailers to consolidate, track, tender and audit inbound and outbound shipments.
For information, call Alexandra Crews, marketing coordinator, at (727) 450-7800, ext. 1076, or visit freightcenter.com.
• • •
Monkey Huggers, a new franchise created by Marcus and M.J. Price of Zephyrhills, recently received its federal trademark for the brand.
Monkey Huggers is the newest creation by the Goin' Postal Franchise Corporation, and will be launched in 2013. The franchise will feature a number of interrelated divisions including kiddie resale stores, daycares and party rentals, along with assorted types of branded merchandise including toys, cartoons, games, books, apps and educational products.
The Prices hope to debut a Monkey Huggers' jingle and several costumed characters on the company's float in the March 9 Founders' Day "I Heart Zephyrhills" parade. For information, call (813) 782-1500, ext. 104.
• • •
The Small Business Development Center at the University of South Florida and the Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce have partnered to provide free consultations to small businesses and entrepreneurs in Pasco County.
Free and confidential business consulting services are available by appointment from 9 to 11 a.m. on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month in the chamber's conference room at 38550 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills.
For information or to schedule an appointment, call toll-free 1-888-929-2221.
The Central Pasco Association of Realtors recently announced its 2012 award winners and its 2013 leadership.
Lynn Mooney of SouthShore Homes & Properties was presented the Realtor of the Year award. The Affiliate Company of the Year was awarded to National Property Inspections/Lynne Tonte.
The Bill Moorer award was presented to Gary Williams with Bay Cities Bank. Deborah Farmer of StarLight Realty was presented the Award of Excellence-Committee Chairman (Juanita Dennis) Award.
The achievement awards, which recognize the two Realtors who had the highest dollar volume and/or number of units closed in 2012, were presented to Lynn Mooney of SouthShore Homes & Properties (most closings); and Pete Rundel of Action 100 Realty (highest dollar volume).
Ed Anderson of Ed Anderson School of Real Estate received the Entrepreneur of the Year award; Cory Kammerdiener of New Home Programs received the Extra Effort award; Lee Cannon of Seagrass Realty received the Founders award; Vicki Derbes of Prudential Tropical received the Honor Circle award; Sybrian Castleman of Action 100 Realty received the Humanitarian of the Year award; Margie Bradley of SouthShore Homes & Properties received the Mentor of the Year award, and Toby Caroline of Sun 'n Fun Realty, received the Rising Star award.
The installation of new officers was held Dec. 13 at the Pebble Creek Golf & Country Club in Tampa. New officers include Ed Anderson, president; Toby Caroline, president elect; Deborah Catterton, vice president; Margie Bradley, secretary, and Alex Koumiss, treasurer.
Directors include: Tonya Bouvette, Vicki Derbes, Lynn Mooney, Joan Staut, Pete Rundel and past president Patsy Peterman.
For information, visit CentralPascoREALTORS.com.
• • •
Dana Scopano was recently appointed assistant executive director at Emeritus at La Casa Grande, 6400 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey.
Scopano will assist with overseeing the care, programs and daily operations at the community, which offers assisted living and cares for those with Alzheimer's and other memory-impairing diseases through its Join Their Journey program.
Scopano previously served as business officer director at Emeritus at Lakeland. She resides in Plant City. For information, call (727) 847-2980.
The Central Pasco, Dade City, Wesley Chapel, West Pasco and Zephyrhills chambers of commerce will be closed Monday and Tuesday in observance of the Christmas holiday.
• • •
SCORE Chapter 439 is presenting a series of free business seminars:
• "Introduction to QuickBooks," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 8, Land O'Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes.
• "Creating a Business Plan," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 9, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City.
• "Using the Internet in your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 10, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel.
• "How to Apply for a Business Loan," 1 to 3 p.m. Jan. 12, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• "Using the Internet in your Business," 5:30 to 6:45 p.m. Jan. 15, Lykes Memorial Library, main branch, 238 Howell Ave., Brooksville.
• "Starting a Home Based Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 22, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• "How to Really Start Your Own Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 23, South Holiday Branch Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive, Holiday.
To register, visit score439.org and click on the Local Workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to [email protected] or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road in the Regency Shopping Center, New Port Richey. Call Ashok Visuvasam at (813) 333-1622.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Vallartas Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Wesley Chapel Chamber of Commerce Economic Development Committee: 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Thursday at American Consulting Engineers, 2818 Cypress Ridge Blvd., Suite 200, Wesley Chapel. For information, call chamber chairman Jeff Miller at (813) 994-6795.