Gulf Coast Medical Center recently announced that both of its centers and all of its primary care physicians have been awarded Level 3 recognition by the National Committee for Quality Assurance Physician Practice Connections'- Patient-Centered Medical Home.
Patient-Centered Medical Home is a model of health care delivery that aims to improve the quality and efficiency of care. The program identifies practices that promote partnerships between individual patients and their personal physicians instead of treating patient care as the sum of several episodic office visits.
Following this model results in improving care quality and lowering costs by increasing access to more efficient, coordinated care.
• • •
The Eye Clinic of Florida, 6739 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills, will celebrate its 10th anniversary at its current location on Tuesday.
During the past decade, the practice has grown with Dr. Ahad Mahootchi to three eye physicians and a staff of more than 20 career eye care professionals. Drs. Shawn Chhabra and Yuliya Faynberg also practice at the location.
For information, call (813) 779-3338.
• • •
Adams Homes, one of the largest home builders in the Southeast, has joined the mousethruthehouse.com Network, contracting with the new-home shopping website to film and post model homes in Pasco and Hillsborough counties.
Adams' residential designs to be filmed range in size from 1,200 to 3,389 square feet of living space and are located in Asbel Estates in Land O'Lakes and Ayersworth Glen in Hillsborough County's South Shore area.
For information, contact John Heagney at (727) 942-2718.
• • •
Leadership Pasco, a development program that explores critical issues through a series of seminars and hands-on activities, is accepting applications for its class of 2013.
The program is open to people interested in community involvement and perpetuating the prosperity of Pasco County.
Topics include leadership skills, the history of Pasco County, education, health care/social services, law enforcement/criminal justice, economic and business development, government and infrastructure.
Applications are due by June 1, and may be submitted at www.leadershippasco.com. For an application, email Cindy Ewald, Leadership Pasco recruitment chairwoman, at [email protected]
• • •
Nominations for the 2012 King Pithla and Queen Chasco are now being accepted. The 27th annual Chasco Coronation Ball will be March 23 at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey.
The king and queen are chosen for their dedication and commitment to the community. Organizations are encouraged to submit the names of deserving community volunteers who have helped make the community a better place to live.
Nominations should include nominee's name, address, phone and email address. The information should be sent by Friday to Sylvia Perez, executive director for the Lighthouse for the Visually Impaired and Blind, at [email protected]
The king and queen are chosen by independent judges, not associated with the Lighthouse in any way.
Proceeds from the event benefit the Lighthouse for the Visually Impaired and Blind. For information on nominations or the Chasco Coronation Ball, contact Tina Shelton at (727) 439-0516 or you may email [email protected]
Coldwell Banker F.I. Grey & Son, 6330 U.S. 19, New Port Richey, lists its January awards:
Realtor Wilma Lee won the Top Selling Agent by Units award.
Realtor Susanna Vizzari won the Top Selling Agent by Volume award.
Realtor Jill Smith won the Top Listing Agent by Units and the Top Listing Agent by Volume awards.
Realtor Carolyn Hill won the Top Producing Agent by Units and the Top Producing Agent by Volume awards.
Call Kelly Parker-Powell, office manager, at (727) 375-5700.
• • •
Registered nurse Allison Frendberg was recently appointed the clinical nurse manager at Florida Cancer Affiliates, a newly formed, community-based medical oncology and hematology practice at 5500 Little Road, New Port Richey and at 11373 Cortez Blvd., Suite 200, Brooksville.
Frendberg, an oncology certified nurse, will serve as clinical nurse supervisor for both Florida Cancer Affiliate practices in Brooksville and New Port Richey.
Frendberg comes to FCA from Florida Cancer Institute-New Hope, where she served as clinical nurse supervisor. She holds an associate's degree in applied science with a major in nursing from the State University of New York in Delhi, N.Y.
Women's Connection of New Port Richey will have its monthly meeting from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Ann Parrish will speak on the topic "Protective Umbrella When Life Is Unpredictable." A feature presentation, "How to Hide Under an Umbrella in Your Nightshirt," will be given.
The cost is $15 and includes the program, speaker and luncheon. RSVP to Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Ruth at (727) 375-9873 by today.
• • •
The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have its quarterly luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday at Fox Hollow Golf Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity.
The speaker will be Supervisor of Elections Brian E. Corley.
The cost is $11 per person, which includes beverage, tax and gratuity. To RSVP, call the chamber at (727) 842-7651.
• • •
The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce has scheduled three ribbon-cuttings during the coming week:
• Hope Youth Ranch, 17933 East Road, Hudson, 2 p.m. Tuesday.
• Northwestern Mutual, 9721 U.S. 19, Port Richey, 11:30 a.m. Wednesday.
• T&J Specialties, at Joseph's Market & Deli, 9721 U.S. 19, Port Richey, 11:30 a.m. Thursday.
For information, call the chamber at (727) 842-7651.
• • •
The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will have its February Chamber Mixer from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday at Driftwood Condos, 38333 Cottonwood Plaza, Zephyrhills.
For information, call the chamber at (813) 782-1913.
• • •
The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have its 2012 Business Development Week Awards Banquet at 5:30 p.m. Thursday at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., New Port Richey.
The cost is $15 per person, which includes tax and tip. There will be a cash bar. To RSVP, call (727) 842-7651.
• • •
Calusa Business and Professional Women will meet at 11:30 a.m. Friday at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., New Port Richey. This month's program speaker will be Linda Ward, president and chief executive officer of Gulfside Regional Hospice.
BPW luncheons are open to the public, and guests are welcome. Meals are $12.95 per person. For information, call Joanne Grassi at (727) 856-9595.
• • •
Pasco/Hernando Insurance Professionals and Central Insurance School will present "Choose Success, Discover the Power of One," from 6 to 8 p.m. Feb. 21 at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., New Port Richey, during the February Education Meeting.
The cost is $30 for members and $40 for nonmembers. Menu choices include chicken cordon bleu or chef salad. RSVP to Jo at (727) 753-1028 by Friday.
• • •
The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce in partnership with Pasco-Hernando Community College will present its first series of Brown Bag Biz-Days Professional Development Seminars, "Leadership in Practice."
The three-part series, hosted by CenterState Bank, will be facilitated by Lori Bainum, the college's director of corporate training. Each class/seminar will be from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the bank, 6930 Gall Blvd., second floor conference room, Zephyrhills.
Classes include "Effective Meetings" on Feb. 22; "Time Management and Your Success" on March 7; and "Dealing with Daily Interruptions" on March 14.
The cost is $10 per class. A certificate of achievement will be awarded for completing all three classes.
Please bring your lunch. Light refreshments will be served. To RSVP, call (813) 782-1913.
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Panera Bread, 3234 Little Road in the Mitchell Ranch Plaza, Trinity. Meets every Monday. Call Ashok Visuvasam at (813) 333-1622.
• Pasco Hernando NPI Networking Group: 11:45 a.m. Tuesday at Boulevard Beef & Ale, 6236 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Business Development Council: 8:15 a.m. Tuesday at Bob Evans Restaurant, 9115 U.S. 19, Port Richey, just south of Gulf View Square. The business networking group, hosted by Cadence Bank (formerly Superior Bank), promotes individual business members. The group meets the second Tuesday of each month. Call Crystal Menzie Olson at (727) 376-1030.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The association is made up of professionals who work together to promote each other's businesses. The group meets every Tuesday. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• BNI Revenue Source: 7:30 to 9 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs country club, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Visitors welcome. Cost with breakfast is $10. Call David Randall at (727) 842-7744.
• Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:45 to 9 a.m. Wednesday at Hungry Harry's Famous Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O'Lakes Blvd., Land O'Lakes. Meets the first and third Wednesday of each month. A full breakfast is served at no cost. To RSVP, call the chamber at (813) 909-2722.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan, co-owner of the Theater Doctor, at (813) 929-6816.
• Neighborhood Networks: 11:45 a.m. Wednesday at Trio's Restaurant at Quality Inn and Suites, 5316 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. The group meets every Wednesday. Call Maryann Wilkes at (813) 264-6108 or visit ourneighborhoodnetworks.com.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 (includes breakfast). The group meets every Thursday. For information or a reservation, call Sheryl Ryan at (352) 556-7711.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Los Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Capt. Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to [email protected] or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.