HOSPITAL RECEIVES GOLD AWARD: Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point was recently presented with the American Heart Association's Start! Fit-Friendly Company Gold Award.
The Start! Fit-Friendly companies recognition program award is given by the American Heart Association's Start! Movement, which is intended to be a catalyst for positive change in the workplace.
TRINITY LAW FIRM AND TITLE INSURANCE COMPANY GROUNDBREAKING: Wollinka-Wikle Title Insurance Agency and the law firm of Wollinka, Wollinka & Doddridge in Trinity recently broke ground on a new 6,000-square-foot building on Trinity Boulevard. In Trinity since 2007, the companies are poised to expand and service the growing base of clients in the area. From left, are Barbara Hanson, Jamie Durso, Ryan A. Doddridge, David J. Wollinka, Paul Wikle, Allison Lentz, Barbara Niswonger and Laura Sullivan.
SIGN UP NOW FOR CLASS OF 2015: Leadership Pasco is now accepting applications for the Class of 2015. The program explores critical issues through a series of seminars and hands-on activities. Applicants should be interested in serving the community, committed to personal and professional growth, involved in business and community organizations, and dedicated to a positive future for Pasco County.
The program includes topics such as leadership skills, history of Pasco County, education, health care/social services, law enforcement/criminal justice, economic and business development, government and infrastructure.
The deadline for applications is June 1. Applications must be submitted online at LeadershipPasco.com. For information, visit the Leadership Pasco website or contact Bob Memoli, recruitment chairman, at BobMemoli@floridaluxury.com.
AUNTIE ANNE'S RECOGNIZES TOP STORES: Craig Accardo, owner of Auntie Anne's in the Gulf View Square mall, and its store manager, Robert Zukowski, were recently presented the prestigious "Pretzel Perfect Store Award."
The award recognizes top-performing stores committed to providing high-quality guest experiences. With more than 1,080 stores domestically, only 28 received the award.
For information, visit auntieannes.com.
TOP AGENTS: Coldwell Banker F.I. Grey & Son Residential, 6330 U.S. 19, New Port Richey, has announced its top Realtors for March:
Team Maceda, whose members include Joseph P. Maceda Jr., Kristin Mizgorski, Rebecca Duffy and Tracy Karakaris, received the Top Listing Agents by Volume, Top Listing Agents by Units, Top Selling Agents by Volume and the Top Selling Agents by Units awards.
Sherrie Mauzy received the Top Producing Agent by Volume and the Top Producing Agent by Units awards.
For information, call office manager Kelly Parker-Powell at (727) 495-2424.
AT&T HONORS EMPLOYEES: Pasco County AT&T employees Peter Rygiel and Stephen Dillon, two of Tampa Bay's eight Gold Award recipients, were recently honored with the President's Volunteer Service Award.
Rygiel, a marketing consultant, volunteered more than 700 hours last year for the Wesley Chapel Athletic Association as a coach and board member. He has been active with the organization since 2007. Dillon, an area manager in AT&T's Tampa network operations center, volunteered 615 hours last year as an assistant scout master for Boy Scout Troop 177 based at Gills Suncoast YMCA in Trinity.
The PVSA gives Presidential recognition to individuals who have demonstrated a sustained commitment to volunteer service each year. There are three categories: Gold for 500 or more hours of volunteer service; Silver for 250 to 499 hours, and Bronze for 100 to 249 hours.
Of the 31 Tampa AT&T employees recognized, eight achieved gold, five earned silver and 18 received bronze.
CHAMBER's NEW MEMBER ORIENTATION: The Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have its new member orientation from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at Copperstone Executive Suites & Office Space, 3632 Land O'Lakes Blvd., Land O'Lakes. To RSVP, call (813) 909-2722.
MOBILITY 2040: The Greater Zephyrhills and Dade City Chambers of Commerce and the Zephyrhills Economic Development Coalition presents the East Pasco Transportation Forum "Mobility 2040," from 4:30 to 6 p.m. Wednesday at East Pasco Adventist Academy, 38434 Centennial Road, Dade City.
The event is open to Zephyrhills and Dade City chamber members. Jim Edwards of Pasco County Transportation Planning will present and answer questions on Mobility 2040 with a particular emphasis on issues that impact East Pasco business and economic development.
Topics include: East Pasco connector roads to I-75 and I-4; State Road 54/56 FDOT plan; U.S. 301 expansion study (Zephyrhills to Dade City) and the new 10-foot-wide bike trail along U.S. 301 (Zephyrhills to Dade City); proposed elevated expressway across State Road 54/56 corridor; Clinton Avenue extension to the west (again I-75 access), and the Overpass Road extension.
For information, visit pascocountyfl.net/Index.aspx?NID=323, or call (813) 782-1913.
CALUSA BPW: Calusa Business & Professional Women will meet at 11:30 a.m. April 18 at Seven Springs Golf and Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., New Port Richey. Enter via the double glass doors directly across from the golf pro shop.
Guests are welcome. Meals are $12 per member/$13 per guest. For information, call Joanne Grassi at (727) 856-9595 or email email@example.com.
SPRING MIXER: East Pasco Networking Group will have its Spring Mixer at 6 p.m. April 28 at Village Inn, 5214 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills.
Family members are invited. The event will be Dutch-treat. Speakers: Darrell Pennington, Jan Martine, and Dr. Paula S. O'Neil, Pasco clerk and comptroller of the Circuit Court.
The event includes door prizes and a 50-50 raffle to benefit the Atonement Lutheran Church. RSVP to Nils Lenz at (813) 782-9491 by April 22.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: SCORE Chapter 439 will present a series of free business seminars.
• "How to really start your own business," 5:25 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• "Marketing to grow your business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Centennial Park Branch Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• "Using the internet in your business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. April 24, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel.
To register, visit score439.org and click on the "Local Workshops" tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, in Regency Shopping Center, New Port Richey. Call Tony Nalli at (727) 858-7907.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. The cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• Catholic Business Network: 7:30 to 9 a.m. Tuesday at Our Lady of the Rosary, 2348 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes. All Christians welcome to network. Call Mary Ann Whallen at (813) 833-4737 or visit cbntampa.com.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the Golden Corral Restaurant, 8928 U.S. 19, Port Richey. Speaker: Bunnie McCormack, laughter leader extraordinaire. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen who meet the third Tuesday of each month. Membership is $5 per year. Call Myrtle, (727) 934-9993.
• West Pasco Business Alliance: 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at Atria Baypoint Village, 7927 State Road 52, Hudson. Meets the third Tuesday of every month. The cost is $7 and includes lunch. Abby Hamilton, (813) 817-1905.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. Made up of professionals who promote one another's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• Trinity Business Association: 6 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. The group meets Wednesdays. Email email@example.com.
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at Hungry Harry's Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O'Lakes Blvd. (in the Lakehouse). Short networking presentation followed by opportunity for all attendees to do a 30-second commercial. The event sponsor is Proly, Laporte & Mulligan, P.A. Cost is $7 and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• West Pasco Business Network: Noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Blue Dolphin, 8825 State Road 52, Hudson. For more information, visit westpascobusiness.org or call Joanne Grassi at (727) 856-9595.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. April 17 at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. April 17 at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. April 17 at IHOP, 10740 State Road 54, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce Chamber Mixer: 5 to 7 p.m. April 17 at Skydive City, 4241 Skydive Lane, Zephyrhills. Call (813) 782-1913.