Leadership Pasco, a development program that explores issues through a series of seminars and hands-on activities, is accepting applications for its Class of 2014.
The program is open to people interested in community involvement and supporting the prosperity of Pasco County. Topics include leadership skills, the history of Pasco County, education, health care and social services, law enforcement and criminal justice, economic and business development, government and infrastructure.
Applications are due by June 1 and may be submitted online at leadershippasco.com.
For an application, send an email request to Bob Memoli at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coldwell Banker F.I. Grey & Son Residential, 6330 U.S. 19, New Port Richey, announces its top Realtors for March:
Realtor Robin McMahan won the "Top Selling Agent by Volume" award.
Realtor Carolyn Hill won the "Top Selling Agent by Units" award.
Realtor Sean Riordan won the "Top Listing Agent by Volume," the "Top Listing Agent by Units" and the "Top Producing Agent by Units" awards.
Realtor Wilma Lee won the "Top Producing Agent by Volume" award.
For information, call Kelly Parker-Powell, office manager, at (727) 495-2424.
• • •
Registered nurse Bonnie B. Boone, international board certified lactation consultant and registered lactation consultant, will serve as a lactation consultant to assist and support new mothers with breastfeeding, in the obstetrics unit at the Medical Center of Trinity, 9330 State Road 54, Trinity. Boone specializes in the clinical management of breastfeeding. For information, call (727) 834-4246.
• • •
Michael Wyers was recently appointed chief financial officer at the Medical Center of Trinity, 9330 State Road 54, Trinity.
Wyers comes to the center from Fawcett Memorial Hospital and Englewood Community Hospital where he served as CFO. He replaces Alex Romanchik, who was promoted to the South Atlantic Division of HCA as division controller.
For information, call (727) 834-4000 or visit MedicalCenter Trinity.com.
SCORE Chapter 439 is presenting a series of free small business seminars:
• Using the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main Library, New Port Richey.
• E-Marketing Concepts, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City.
• How to Qualify as a Not-For-Profit, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. April 16, Centennial Park Branch, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• Tips for Successful Grant Writing, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. April 23, Crescent Community Clinic, 5244 Commercial Way, Spring Hill.
• Using the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. April 25, Regency Park Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• How to Really Start Your Own Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. April 30, Land O'Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes.
To register, visit score439.org and click on the Local Workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
• • •
The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will have its Chamber Connections "Join Us for Java" quarterly membership meeting from 9 to 10 a.m. Wednesday at the chamber office, 38550 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills.
The event includes networking and speakers.
For information, call (813) 782-1913.
• • •
The Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have a ribbon-cutting at Bio Hair Studio & Color Cafe, 24430 State Road 54, Lutz, at 6 p.m. Thursday. Call (813) 909-2722.
• • •
Pasco-Hernando Community College and Testing Services will co-host a Resume Skills workshop to help job seekers from 4 to 5 p.m. April 16 in room M-101 of the West Campus of PHCC, 10230 Ridge Road, New Port Richey.
The workshop is free and open to the public. For information, call Jacqueline Eden at (727) 816-3334.
• • •
The Dade City Chamber of Commerce will have its chamber breakfast April 16 at Kafe Kokopelli, 37940 Live Oak Ave Dade City. The event is sponsored by Growers Ferterlizer.
Registration begins at 7 a.m., the meal will be served promptly at 7:30 a.m. For information or to RSVP, call the chamber at (352) 567-3769.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to email@example.com or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road in the Regency Shopping Center, New Port Richey. Call Ashok Visuvasam at (813) 333-1622.
• BNI Business by Referral: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Heritage Church, 1854 Oak Grove Blvd., Lutz. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. The cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• Business Development Council: 8:15 a.m. Tuesday at Cracker Barrel, 5341 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. The business networking group, hosted by Cadence Bank, promotes individual business members. The group meets the second Tuesday of each month. Call Crystal Menzie Olson at (727) 376-1030.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday at the Village Inn, 5214 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills. The group meets on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month. Call Nils Lenz at (813) 782-9491.
• West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 11:45 a.m. Tuesday at Boulevard Beef & Ale, 6236 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The association is made up of professionals who promote one another's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• BNI Revenue Source: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Broken Yolk restaurant, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. The group meets every Wednesday. Email Noworries@tampabay.rr.com.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Cottages of Port Richey, 5905 Pine Hill Road, Port Richey. Registration starts at 8 a.m. The speaker is Sheryl Nicholson. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco. Call (727) 845-0527.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• West Pasco Business Network: noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday at the Blue Dolphin Restaurant, 8825 State Road 52, Hudson. The network is made up of West Pasco businesspeople committed to helping each other grow and develop their business. Visit westpascobusiness.org or call Bill Pearce at (727) 277-2617.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.