KANGAROO EXPRESS EXPANDS HOURS: The Kangaroo Express at 3514 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey, is now open 24 hours, seven days a week. The store offers food, including hot and cold beverages, snacks, fresh foods, as well as gasoline and a wide assortment of merchandise and services.
For information, call Sarah Haas, senior account executive, at (919) 459-6457.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: SCORE Chapter 439 is looking for volunteers. Put your business skills to work helping local businesses by volunteering. SCORE mentors donate their time and talent to small businesses. For information, visit score439.org and click on "Volunteer."
Krista Covey (formerly Krista Hakes), an economic development manager with the Pasco Economic Development Council, was recently chosen to manage Pasco's first business incubator. The SMARTstart Dade City Incubator is an innovative facility-based program to engage entrepreneurs, grow new businesses and create job opportunities in Pasco County.
Start-up companies can obtain inexpensive space and technical assistance to ramp up their business. The incubator provides direct opportunities for local business professionals, students and higher education faculty to work and support entrepreneurs.
Covey has already been working with start-ups through the Pasco Enterprise Network, or PEN, a partnership of Pasco County organizations helping support entrepreneurial activity in Pasco County.
Pasco EDC is putting the call out to companies from a variety of industries that might be looking to start-up in the Tampa Bay area. SMARTstart will be located in the Dade City Business Center at 1500 Citrus Country Drive, Suite 103, Dade City.
Companies interested in the SMARTstart Dade City Incubator can contact Covey at (813) 926-0827, ext. 227.
• • •
The Pasco Economic Development Council recently welcomed its newest board member — All Children's Hospital/Johns Hopkins Medicine. Representing the hospital is Jay Kuhns, vice president of Human Resources.
All Children's Hospital operates a 20,000-square-foot outpatient care facility on Rowan Road in New Port Richey, providing medical and therapeutic services.
Kuhns has served as vice president of Human Resources at the hospital since 2008. Previously he spent seven years with HCA in the Tampa Bay area.
AMBASSADOR LUNCHEON: The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will have its Ambassador Luncheon from noon to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the chamber's office, 38550 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills. RSVP at email@example.com.
LUNCH AND LEARN: The Greater New Port Richey Main Street will hosts its monthly Lunch and Learn event at 11:30 a.m. Thursday at Mezzaluna Pizzeria & Ristorante, 5749 Main St., New Port Richey. Guest speakers include volunteers from SCORE Chapter 439.
Lunch and Learn is a series of monthly informational lunches to give local businesses the tools and information needed for success in a changing economy. Lunch and Learn is held the second Thursday of each month at a variety of local restaurants.
For information, call (727) 842-8066.
WOMEN AND MONEY: The monthly Women and Money meeting, sponsored by Brighton Gardens of Tampa and Cooper Financial Services, will be from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Aug. 16 at Brighton Gardens, 16702 N Dale Mabry Highway, Tampa.
August's topic is "Retirement Income." To RSVP, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (813) 996-6100.
FREE SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: SCORE Chapter 439 is presenting a series of free seminars:
• "How to Really Start Your Own Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 22, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel.
• "Marketing to Grow Your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 28, South Holiday Branch Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive, Holiday.
To register and for additional information, visit score439.org and click on the "Local Workshops" tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
SMALL-BUSINESS CONSULTATIONS: Free consultations for small businesses and entrepreneurs are available by appointment from 9 to 11 a.m. on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month in the Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce conference room at 38550 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills.
The chamber offers the free and confidential consultations in partnership with the Small Business Development Center at the University of South Florida. To get information or to schedule an appointment, call toll-free 1-888-929-2221.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to email@example.com or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, in Regency Shopping Center, New Port Richey. Call Ashok Visuvasam at (813) 333-1622.
• BNI Business by Referral: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Heritage Church, 1854 Oak Grove Blvd., Lutz. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. The cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• Trinity Business Association: 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The association is made up of professionals who promote one another's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• BNI Revenue Source: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Broken Yolk restaurant, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. The group meets Wednesdays. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at Hungry Harry's Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O'Lakes Blvd. (in the Lakehouse). The event sponsor is DigitalBrainz. The cost is $5 and includes breakfast. For information, call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• West Pasco Business Network: Noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Blue Dolphin, 8825 State Road 52, Hudson. The network is made up of West Pasco business leaders committed to helping each other grow and develop their businesses. Visit westpascobusiness.org or call Bill Pearce at (727) 277-2617.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursday at IHOP, 10740 State Road 54, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Applebee's Networking Group: Business card and brochure exchange from 11:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Thursday at Applebee's, 8537 Little Road, New Port Richey. The event is sponsored by Synergy Ad Specialties. Cost is $12. For reservations, call the West Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (727) 842-7651 by Wednesday.
• West Pasco Chamber of Commerce Young Professionals Group: Networking from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday at Fox Hollow Golf Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. The event is sponsored by Shelton, Thompson and VonSick cosmetic and family dentistry. The group meets the second Thursday of each month. $12 per person. To RSVP, call the chamber at (727) 842-7651 by Wednesday.