The Small Business Development Center at the University of South Florida and the Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce have partnered to provide free consultations to small businesses and entrepreneurs in Pasco County.
Free and confidential business consulting services are available by appointment from 9 to 11 a.m. on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month in the chamber's conference room at 38550 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills.
For information or to schedule an appointment, call toll-free 1-888-929-2221.
A ribbon-cutting ceremony will be held at 1 p.m. today at the new O'Reilly Auto Parts store at 12720 U.S. 19 in Hudson. The store will have a grand opening celebration that will continue until Jan. 8.
During the ribbon-cutting celebration, Kye Klingfuss, store manager, on behalf of the entire company, will present a check for $200 to the Rope Center/Coalition for the Homeless of Pasco County. O'Reilly Automotive is one of the largest specialty retailers of automotive after-market parts, tools, supplies, equipment and accessories in the United States, serving both the do-it-yourself and professional markets. For information, visit oreillyauto.com or call (417) 862-2674, ext. 1441.
• • •
The Central Pasco, Dade City, Wesley Chapel, West Pasco and Zephyrhills chambers of commerce will be closed Tuesday in observance of the New Year's holiday.
• • •
The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will have its business breakfast from 7 to 8:30 a.m. Thursday at the Golden Corral, 6855 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills.
The guest speaker will be Michael Handrahan, Zephyrhills Municipal Airport manager. The cost is $7 for members and $5 for ambassadors. For information, visit zephyrhillschamber.org or call (813) 782-1913.
• • •
SCORE Chapter 439 is presenting a series of free business seminars:
• "Introduction to QuickBooks," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 8, Land O'Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes.
• "Creating a Business Plan," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 9, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City.
• "Using the Internet in your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 10, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel.
• "How to Apply for a Business Loan," 1 to 3 p.m. Jan. 12, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• "Using the Internet in your Business," 5:30 to 6:45 p.m. Jan. 15, Lykes Memorial Library, main branch, 238 Howell Ave., Brooksville.
• "Starting a Home Based Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 22, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• "How to Really Start Your Own Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 23, South Holiday Branch Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive, Holiday.
To register, visit score439.org and click on the Local Workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
• • •
Women's Connection of New Port Richey will present its "New Year — New Beginning" program from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Jan. 14 at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey.
Speaker Maria Goodsell will present "If Freedom is Priceless, Why did it cost so much?" and Cari Seybolt-Ruiz will demonstrate "All Things Paper — Handmade Crafts from A to Z". Cost is $15 and includes the program, luncheon and speaker. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Carol at (727) 863-2605 by Jan. 12.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Wednesday morning Networking Group: 7:45 a.m. Wednesday at Hungry Harry's Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O'Lakes Blvd. (in the Lakehouse). The event sponsor is A.L. Saland Insurance Solutions. The cost is $5 and includes breakfast. For information, call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Vallartas Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.