Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point was recently awarded an "A" hospital safety score by the Leapfrog Group, an independent national nonprofit run by employers and other large purchasers of health benefits.
The score is based on preventable medical errors, injuries, accidents and infections. Hospitals that receive the A rating have demonstrated commitment to their patients and community.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson. For information, visit RMCHealth.com.
• • •
The Small Business Development Center at the University of South Florida and the Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce have partnered to provide free consultations to small businesses and entrepreneurs in Pasco County.
Free and confidential business consulting services are available by appointment from 9 to 11 a.m. on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month in the chamber's conference room at 38550 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills.
For information or to schedule an appointment, call toll-free 1-888-929-2221.
Dr. Robert E. Malka, board certified neurologist, recently joined the medical staff at the Malka Institute of Neuroscience and Disease, with four offices serving a dozen hospitals across Pasco, Hernando and Pinellas.
Malka is a graduate of the University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine, where he also completed his residency. He gained expertise in advance epilepsy, stroke and neurocritical care at both Tampa General Hospital and the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute. Malka has written several articles presented at the American Academy of Neurology.
The Malka Institute of Neuroscience and Disease has offices at 5622 Marine Parkway, Suite 21, New Port Richey; 7539 Medical Drive, Hudson; 11345 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, and 2595 Tampa Road, Palm Harbor.
For information, call (727) 841-7993 or (727) 869-2115.
Women's Connection of New Port Richey will present the "Sounds of Christmas" program from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey.
Vocalist Diane Anderson will present a Christmas music program. Speaker Gaye Martin will talk about how "Some Have the Magic and Some Don't." The cost is $15 and includes the program, luncheon and speaker. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Carol at (727) 863-2605 by today.
• • •
The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have three ribbon-cuttings and an open house during the coming week:
• Consulate Healthcare of New Port Richey, 8417 Old County Road 54, New Port Richey, 11:30 a.m. Tuesday.
• ASAP Alliance for Substance Abuse Prevention, at Homewood Suites by Hilton, 11115 U.S. 19, Port Richey, 11:30 a.m. Wednesday.
• Golf Dental, 8620 Sterling Lane, Port Richey, will have a ribbon cutting and open house from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday.
For information, call the chamber at (727) 842-7651.
• • •
Cadence Bank will sponsor a Holiday Coffee Mixer at 8:15 a.m. Tuesday at its Trinity Branch at 4010 Little Road, New Port Richey.
The event, which is free and open to the public, will be hosted by members of Cadence's Business Development Council.
The Business Development Council is a networking group that helps promote individual business members. The group's website is bdcpasco.com, which links to individual members' websites. Business member selection is based on specific classifications.
Regular monthly meetings of the BDC are held at 8:15 a.m. on the second Tuesday of each month at the Cracker Barrel, 5341 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. For information, call Crystal Menzie Olson at (727) 376-1030.
• • •
SCORE Chapter 439 will present "Introduction to QuickBooks," from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at the New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St.
The free, two-hour business seminar is designed for those planning to start a business, or who have recently started a small business but have not yet set up an effective record keeping system. To register, visit pascohernando.score.org or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to [email protected] or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road in the Regency Shopping Center, New Port Richey. Call Ashok Visuvasam at (813) 333-1622.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. The cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• Business Development Council: 8:15 a.m. Tuesday at Cracker Barrel, 5341 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. The business networking group, hosted by Cadence Bank, promotes individual business members. The group meets the second Tuesday of each month. Call Crystal Menzie Olson at (727) 376-1030.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday at the Village Inn, 5214 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills. The group meets on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month. Call Nils Lenz at (813) 782-9491.
• Pasco Hernando NPI Networking Group: 11:45 a.m. Tuesday at Boulevard Beef & Ale, 6236 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The association is made up of professionals who work together to promote one another's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• BNI Revenue Source Chapter: 7:30 to 9 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs Country Club, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Visitors welcome. Cost with breakfast is $10. Call David Randall at (727) 842-7744.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Cottages of Port Richey, 5905 Pine Hill Road, Port Richey. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco. The group meets the second Wednesday of each month. Call Lori Felber at (727) 863-5808.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Sheryl Ryan at (352) 556-7711.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Vallartas Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• West Pasco Young Professionals Networking Group: 6 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. The cost is $11 per person. Meetings are on the second Thursday of the month. Call (727) 842-7651. RSVP at (727) 842-7651.