Pasco Regional Medical Center has opened a second diagnostic imaging center for the Zephyrhills community. The center acquired the diagnostic facility at 7323 Green Slope Drive, Suite 101 (within Pasco Regional Outpatient Center) in Zephyrhills, which was previously known as Zephyrhills Diagnostic Imaging Center, in October.
For information or appointments, call (352) 521-1592.
• • •
Orchard Ridge Care & Rehabilitation Center, a 120-bed skilled nursing center in New Port Richey, recently announced that it is now officially a Genesis HealthCare center.
In December, Genesis HealthCare, one of the nation's largest providers of skilled nursing and rehabilitation care, completed the acquisition of Sun Healthcare Group. Sun Healthcare Group also operates SunBridge Healthcare, SunDance Rehabilitation, CareerStaff Unlimited, and SolAmor Hospice. SunBridge is the former operator of Orchard Ridge Care & Rehabilitation Center.
The merger of the two companies has created one of the largest skilled nursing providers in the country, with 422 skilled nursing centers in 29 states. It has also expanded Genesis HealthCare's rehabilitation therapy business to more than 1,500 contracts in 46 states.
For additional information, visit genesishcc.com.
• • •
The Small Business Development Center at the University of South Florida and the Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce have partnered to provide free consultations to small businesses and entrepreneurs in Pasco County.
Free and confidential business consulting services are available by appointment from 9 to 11 a.m. on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month in the chamber's conference room at 38550 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills.
For information or to schedule an appointment, call toll-free 1-888-929-2221.
Pasco resident Loran Tripp of Latitude 27 Marketing was recently chosen as the 2012 Outstanding Woman in Business by the North East Tampa Women In Business.
Tripp was chosen for her community involvement and dedication to local business. NETWIB has offered the deserving woman's scholarship for five years; having many well-known local business women as recipients.
Latitude 27 Marketing began in 2012 and has quickly grown, being voted No. 3 in Tampa Bay for "Best Local PR/Marketing Practitioner" by the Tampa Bay Business Journal. For information, visit latitude27marketing.com.
SCORE Chapter 439 is presenting a series of free business seminars:
• "Introduction to QuickBooks," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Land O'Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes.
• "Creating a Business Plan," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City.
• "Using the Internet in your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel.
• "How to Apply for a Business Loan," 1 to 3 p.m. Jan. 12, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• "Using the Internet in Your Business," 5:30 to 6:45 p.m. Jan. 15, Lykes Memorial Library, main branch, 238 Howell Ave., Brooksville.
• "Starting a Home Based Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 22, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• "How to Really Start Your Own Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 23, South Holiday Branch Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive, Holiday.
To register, visit score439.org and click on the Local Workshops tab, or for additional information, call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
• • •
The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will have its Ambassadors Luncheon from noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday at the chamber office, 38550 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills.
The event, sponsored by CF Industries, is free for ambassadors and $10 for guests. For additional information about the event, call (813) 782-1913 or email [email protected]
• • •
Women's Connection of New Port Richey will present its "New Year — New Beginning" program from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Jan. 14 at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey.
Speaker Maria Goodsell will present "If Freedom Is Priceless, Why Did It Cost So much?" and Cari Seybolt-Ruiz will demonstrate "All Things Paper — Handmade Crafts from A to Z."
Cost is $15 and includes the program, luncheon and speaker. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Carol at (727) 863-2605 by Jan. 12.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to [email protected] or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road in the Regency Shopping Center, New Port Richey. Call Ashok Visuvasam at (813) 333-1622.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. The cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• Business Development Council: 8:15 a.m. Tuesday at Cracker Barrel, 5341 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. The business networking group, hosted by Cadence Bank, promotes individual business members. The group meets the second Tuesday of each month. Call Crystal Menzie Olson at (727) 376-1030.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday at the Village Inn, 5214 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills. The group meets on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month. Call Nils Lenz at (813) 782-9491.
• Trinity Business Association: 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Email [email protected] businessassociation.com.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The association is made up of professionals who work together to promote one another's businesses. Visit westpascobusiness association.com.
• West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 11:45 a.m. Tuesday at Boulevard Beef & Ale, 6236 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Cottages of Port Richey, 5905 Pine Hill Road, Port Richey. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco. The group meets the second Wednesday of each month. Call Lori Felber at (727) 863-5808.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Vallartas Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• West Pasco Young Professionals Networking Group: 6 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. The cost is $11 per person. Meetings are on the second Thursday of the month. Call (727) 842-7651. RSVP at (727) 842-7651.