The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce announces that it will be launching two new programs in 2012: Brown Bag Biz-Days Professional Development Seminars in partnership with Pasco-Hernando Community College's Department of Corporate Training, and Small Business Consultation and Low-Cost Training Workshops in partnership with the Small Business Development Center at the University of South Florida.
For information, call the chamber at (813) 782-1913.
• • •
Pasco-Hernando Community College is seeking business partners from Pasco and Hernando counties to host student interns starting in January. Interns dedicate 90 hours over 15 weeks, working as an integral part of a business related to their course of study.
Each semester PHCC places approximately 40 interns in area businesses through its career and testing services center. For information on becoming an internship host, call Jacqueline Eden, assistant director of career and testing services, at (727) 816-3334.
Women's Connection of New Port Richey will have its monthly meeting from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Guest speaker Kay Brow will speak on the topic, "Surviving Life's Roller Coaster." A feature presentation will be given by Phyllis Changnon on accessorizing with scarves. The cost is $15 and includes the program, speaker and luncheon. RSVP to Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Ruth at (727) 375-9873 by today.
• • •
Service Corps of Retired Executives Pasco-Hernando Chapter 439 is presenting a series of free seminars:
• "How to Successfully Obtain a Business Loan," 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, Lykes Memorial Library, 238 Howell Ave., Brooksville. Participants will learn about start-up requirements, mature businesses and purchasing existing businesses.
• "How to Qualify as a Not-For-Profit," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson. Learn how to complete the IRS 501c3 application and other steps.
• "How to Market in This Economy," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City. Learn how and where to find answers about what works and what doesn't, how to write a sales and marketing plan and other steps.
• "How to Really Start Your Own Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at the South Holiday Branch Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive, Holiday. Learn key issues for starting a business, including business plans, cash flow charts and finding money.
• "Advanced QuickBooks," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday at New River Branch Library, 34043 SR 54, Zephyrhills. Designed for persons with reasonable experience using the basics of QuickBooks.
• "The Easy Business Plan," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday at Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey. An introduction to the free ToolKit Business Plan software developed by Dick Hall, SCORE counselor. Includes free software.
To register, visit score439.org and click on the Workshops & Events tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
• • •
Calusa Business & Professional Women will meet at 11:30 a.m. Jan. 20 at Seven Springs Golf and Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., New Port Richey. This month's program speaker will be Rondi Frisch, owner of Efficiency Factor.
BPW luncheons are open to the public, and guests are welcome. Meals are $12.95 per person. For information, call Joanne Grassi at (727) 856-9595.
If you have business announcements you would like to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 15365 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, FL 34613-6174. You may also e-mail items to email@example.com or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Panera Bread, 3234 Little Road in the Mitchell Ranch Plaza, Trinity. Meets every Monday. Call Ashok Visuvasam at (813) 333-1622.
• Business Development Council: 8:15 a.m. Tuesday at Bob Evans Restaurant, 9115 U.S. 19, Port Richey, just south of Gulf View Square. The business networking group, hosted by Cadence Bank, promotes individual business members. The group meets the second Tuesday of each month. Call Crystal Olson at (727) 376-1030.
• Pasco Hernando NPI Networking Group: 11:45 a.m. Tuesday at Boulevard Beef & Ale, 6236 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The association is made up of professionals who work together to promote each other's businesses. The group meets every Tuesday. Visit the website: westpascobusiness association.com.
• BNI Revenue Source: 7:30 to 9 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs Country Club, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Visitors welcome. Cost, including breakfast, is $10. Call David Randall at (727) 842-7744.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8:30 a.m. Wednesday at various member locations. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco County. The group meets the second Tuesday of each month. Call Lori Felber, president, at (727) 863-5808 for location information.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call group director Martine Duncan, co-owner of the Theater Doctor, at (813) 929-6816.
• Neighborhood Networks: 11:45 a.m. Wednesday at Trio's Restaurant at Quality Inn & Suites, 5316 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. The group meets every Wednesday. Call Maryann Wilkes at (813) 264-6108 or visit ourneighborhoodnetworks.com .
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 (includes breakfast). The group meets every Thursday. For information or a reservation, call Sheryl Ryan at (352) 556-7711.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Los Vallarta Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Capt. Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• West Pasco Young Professionals: 6 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday at Fox Hollow Golf & Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Meetings are $11 per person. Make checks out to the West Pasco Chamber of Commerce. Reserve by Wednesday. The group meets the second Thursday of each month. Call Julie Rogers at (727) 243-3578.