PHYSICIANS FROM CANCER CARE CENTERS OF FLORIDA JOIN FLORIDA CANCER AFFILIATES: Florida Cancer Affiliates, a practice in the US Oncology Network, and Cancer Care Centers of Florida recently announced that physicians from CCCF will join FCA, expanding and enhancing patient services in Tampa, and adding additional treatment locations to the FCA practice in Hudson, Brooksville and New Port Richey.
The three radiation oncologists and six urologists of CCCF will join FCA's group of 10 medical oncologists and one radiation oncologist. The combination will allow the practice to offer urology services and extend radiation services to the Hudson and Brooksville communities.
SECURITY OFFICERS SHINE: Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point announced recently that 100 percent of the facility's security officers have passed the International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety Basic and Advanced examinations. The entire group of security officers passed the exam as a unit. Each security officer was required to pass two examinations with a total of 150 questions.
SALE OF THE PIERS: Konover South, a developer based in Deerfield Beach, announced recently that it closed the $9.4 million sale of the Piers in Port Richey, which included a 65,000-square-foot Burlington Coat Factory and a 26,000-square-foot H.H. Gregg adjacent to Gulf View Square mall, March 7.
According to David Coppa, chief executive officer of Konover South, the buyer was Port Richey Partners. The HFF Miami office served as the seller's broker in the transaction.
FREE BUSINESS ASSISTANCE: SCORE, a nonprofit association dedicated to educating entrepreneurs and helping small businesses start, grow, and succeed nationwide, has partnered with the Small Business Administration and Counselors to America's Small Business, to offer free counseling to new start-up as well as established businesses.
More than 26 former business owners and corporate executives are available to offer assistance to Pasco and Hernando county individuals. For information, visit Score439.org or call (727) 842-4638.
EAST PASCO VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: SCORE Chapter 439 is looking for volunteers, especially those who reside on the east side of Pasco, to put their business skills to work helping local businesses. SCORE mentors donate their time and talent to small businesses.
For details, visit score439.org and click on "Volunteer."
CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER NAMED: Dr. Charles L. Suggs III was recently appointed chief medical officer at Gulfside Hospice & Pasco Palliative Care in Land O'Lakes.
Suggs, who started working at Gulfside Regional Hospice (now known as Gulfside Hospice) in August 2006 as a team physician, has more than 30 years experience practicing medicine and is board certified in hospice and palliative care medicine, as well as obstetrics and gynecology.
CHAMBER RIBBON-CUTTINGS: The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have three ribbon-cuttings this week:
• WOW G&T Mobile, 8728 U.S. 19, Port Richey, at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday. Call Anthony Nalli, (727) 858-7907.
• Boys & Girls Club of Tampa Bay, 8239 Youth Lane, Port Richey, at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday. Call Arlene Muniz, (727) 842-5673.
• Florida Firearms Academy, 4321 U.S. 19, New Port Richey, at 5:30 p.m. Thursday. Call Stephen Perron, (727) 815-3473.
SMALL-BUSINESS CONSULTATIONS: Free consultations for small businesses and entrepreneurs are available by appointment from 9 to 11 a.m. on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month in the Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce conference room, 38550 Fifth Ave.
For information or to schedule an appointment, call toll-free 1-888-929-2221.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: SCORE Chapter 439 will present a series of free business seminars.
• "How to Apply for a Business Loan," 5:25 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Centennial Park Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• "Using the Internet in Your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• "Marketing to Grow Your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 25, Land O'Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes.
• "How to Really Start Your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 27, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel.
To register, visit score439.org and click on the "Local Workshops" tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to [email protected] or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, in Regency Shopping Center, New Port Richey. Call Tony Nalli at (727) 858-7907.
• BNI Business by Referral: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Heritage Church, 1854 Oak Grove Blvd., Lutz. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. The cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• Catholic Business Network: 7:30 to 9 a.m. Tuesday at Our Lady of the Rosary, 2348 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes. All Christians welcome to network. Call Mary Ann Whallen at (813) 833-4737 or visit cbntampa.com.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the Golden Corral Restaurant, 8928 U.S. 19, Port Richey. Speaker: Laura Knox, director of Pasco Arts Council. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen who meet the third Tuesday of each month. Membership is $5 per year. Call Myrtle, (727) 934-9993.
• West Pasco Business Alliance: 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at Atria Baypoint Village, 7927 State Road 52, Hudson. Meets the third Tuesday of every month. The cost is $7 and includes lunch. Abby Hamilton, (813) 817-1905.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. Made up of professionals who promote one another's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• Trinity Business Association: 6 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• BNI Revenue Source: 7:30 a.m. March 19 at Heritage Springs, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. March 19 at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. The group meets Wednesdays. Email [email protected]
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. March 19 at Hungry Harry's Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O'Lakes Blvd. (in the Lakehouse). The event sponsor is C&C Insurance Solutions. Cost is $5 and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 19 at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• West Pasco Business Network: Noon to 1 p.m. March 19 at Blue Dolphin, 8825 State Road 52, Hudson. For more information, visit westpascobusiness.org or call Joanne Grassi at (727) 856-9595.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursday at IHOP, 10740 State Road 54, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce Monthly Mixer: March Chamber Mixer, from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday at West Winds Assisted Living, 37411 Eiland Blvd, Zephyrhills. Show your Green: wear a kilt and receive a special gift. Beer and win bar provided along with dinner, complete with corned beef, cabbage and leprechaun cupcakes. Door prizes and a 50/50 raffle. Visit westwindsalf.com or call (813) 782-1913.