WOMEN-N-CHARGE GRANT PROGRAM: Women-n-Charge, whose mission, in part, is to support and assist professional women in managing their business more effectively, is offering two $1,000 grants this spring.
The business advancement grant is for business related equipment or services and the career advancement grant is for continuing education. Learn more about the grant opportunities at women-n-charge.com/Grants.html .
Applications are available online and are due March 15. For information, contact president Judy Nicolosi at (813) 600-9848 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
EAST PASCO VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: SCORE Chapter 439 is looking for volunteers, especially those who reside on the east side of Pasco, to put their business skills to work helping local businesses. SCORE mentors donate their time and talent to small businesses.
For details, visit score439.org and click on "Volunteer."
DOCTOR SPEAKS AT YANKEE DENTAL CONGRESS IN MASSACHUSETTS: Dr. David Kimmel from the Florida Center for Laser Dentistry in Bayonet Point, was a featured speaker and one of six trainers at the Yankee Dental Congress held recently at the Westin Boston Waterfront in Boston. Attendees were dentists from Boston and the New England area.
Kimmel has been practicing in Bayonet Point for 23 years and has been utilizing laser dentistry for 10 years. For information, call (727) 862-8513.
NURSE RECEIVES OSTOMY MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST CERTIFICATION: Registered nurse Billie Jo Bennett, a certified wound care associate with the Medical Center of Trinity, recently completed an ostomy management course and has received certification as an ostomy management specialist.
DOCTOR SPEAKS AT CHAMBER BREAKFAST: Dr. Adel Eldin, a local cardiologist and internal medicine physician and the owner of Brooksville Cardiology of Wesley Chapel, was a guest speaker during the Greater Dade City Chamber of Commerce's February breakfast meeting. February was National Heart Month, a month to bring awareness to cardiovascular disease. Eldin spoke about the health care crisis and presented information on his low-cost quality health care model, now in its third year. Eldin's practice is at 2204 Ashley Oaks Circle, Suite 102, Wesley Chapel. For information, call (352) 592-4938.
AMBASSADORS LUNCHEON: The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will have its monthly Ambassador's Luncheon at noon Tuesday at the chamber's office, 38550 5th Ave., Zephyrhills. The event is sponsored by CF Industries. Contact Pat at (813) 782-1913.
SPRING IS IN THE AIR: Women's Connection of New Port Richey will present "Spring is in the Air," a musical program by Diane Greene during the regular monthly meeting, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 10 at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey.
The program will be followed by Greene speaking on the topic: "Withered Relationships Blossomed Into a Fragrant Bouquet With Forgiveness." The cost is $15 and includes the program, luncheon and speaker. To reserve a spot, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 by Saturday.
SMALL-BUSINESS CONSULTATIONS: Free consultations for small businesses and entrepreneurs are available by appointment from 9 to 11 a.m. on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month in the Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce conference room, 38550 Fifth Ave.
For information or to schedule an appointment, call toll-free 1-888-929-2221.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: SCORE Chapter 439 will present a series of free business seminars.
• "Focused Selling Skills," noon to 1:30 p.m. Monday, Dade City Business Center, 15000 Citrus County Drive, Suite 103, Dade City.
• "E-Marketing Concepts," 5 to 6:45 p.m. Tuesday, Lykes Memorial Library, main branch, 238 Howell Ave., Brooksville.
• "Using the Internet in Your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 11, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• "How to Really Start Your Business," 5:25 to 730 p.m. March 12, South Holiday Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Road, Holiday.
• "How to Apply for a Business Loan," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 12, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 4th St., Dade City.
• "Creating a Business Plan," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 13, Regency Park Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• "How to Apply for a Business Loan," 5:25 to 7:30 p.m. March 18, Centennial Park Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• "Using the Internet in Your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 18, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• "Marketing to Grow your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 25, Land O'Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes.
• "How to Really Start Your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 27, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel.
To register, visit score439.org and click on the "Local Workshops" tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to email@example.com or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.