Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road in the Regency Shopping Center, New Port Richey. Call Ashok Visuvasam at (813) 333-1622.
• West Pasco Chamber of Commerce: Chamber Luncheon, 11:30 a.m. Monday at Fox Hollow Golf Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, New Port Richey. The speaker is Melanie Snow, public information officer for the Pasco County Sheriff's Office. Cost: $12, includes beverage, tax and gratuity. (727) 842-7651.
• BNI Business by Referral: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Heritage Church, 1854 Oak Grove Blvd., Lutz. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. The cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce: General Membership meeting, 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Harbor Terrace Restaurant at Heritage Harbor, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Cost, $15. Guest speaker is Carol Johns of the Small Business Development Center. To RSVP, call (813) 909-2722 or email email@example.com.
• Business Development Council: 8:15 a.m. Tuesday at Cracker Barrel, 5341 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. The business networking group, hosted by Cadence Bank, promotes individual business members. The group meets the second Tuesday of each month. Call Crystal Menzie Olson at (727) 376-1030.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday at the Village Inn, 5214 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills. The group meets on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month. Call Nils Lenz at (813) 782-9491.
• West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 11:45 a.m. Tuesday at Boulevard Beef & Ale, 6236 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The association is made up of professionals who promote one another's businesses. Visit westpascobusiness association.com.
• BNI Revenue Source: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Call Alyssa Kaplan toll-free at 1-888-202-4614, ext. 806.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Broken Yolk restaurant, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. The group meets every Wednesday. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at Hungry Harry's Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O'Lakes Blvd. (in the Lakehouse). The event sponsor is DigitalBrainz. The cost is $5 and includes breakfast. For information, call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• West Pasco Business Network: noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday at the Blue Dolphin Restaurant, 8825 State Road 52, Hudson. The network is made up of West Pasco business leaders committed to helping each other grow and develop their business. Visit westpasco business.org or call Bill Pearce at (727) 277-2617.
• Gals Golfing & Networking: 3 to 5 p.m. (instruction and golf), 5 to 6 p.m. (golf tips and networking) Wednesday at the Babe Zaharias Golf Course, 11412 Forest Hills Drive, Tampa. Cost $20, covers all course fees. To RSVP, call (813) 996-6100 or email email@example.com.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce: Chamber Mixer, 5 p.m. Thursday at Pin Chasers, 6816 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills. (813) 782-1913.
• West Pasco Chamber of Commerce: Chamber After Five:00 Mixer, 5:30 p.m. Thursday at Suncoast Clinical Research, 5604 Gulf Drive, New Port Richey. Heavy hors d'oeuvres and refreshments will be served.
San Francis Veterinary Hospital, at 18824 County Line Road in Spring Hill, now offers laser therapy for pets in Pasco and Hernando counties. Laser therapy allows for treatment for sore muscles and joints, degenerative joint conditions, neurological pain, chronic wounds and anti-inflammatory conditions. Call (352) 848-0940.
Coldwell Banker F.I. Grey & Son Residential, 6330 U.S. 19, New Port Richey, announces its top Realtors for April:
Carolyn Hill, "Top Selling Agent by Volume" and "Top Selling Agent by Units."
Randal Jenkins, "Top Listing Agent by Volume" and "Top Listing Agent by Units."
Sean Riordan, "Top Producing Agent by Volume" and "Top Producing Agent by Units" awards.
For information, call Kelly Parker-Powell, office manager, at (727) 495-2424.
WEST PASCO CHAMBER OF COMMERCE will host the following ribbon-cuttings:
• Pelo's Barber & Hair Salon, 6131 Main St., New Port Richey, 11:30 a.m. Tuesday. Call Maria Dolinar, (727) 845-4600.
• Tender Loving Lawn Care, at the chamber office, 5443 Main St., New Port Richey, 11:30 a.m. Wednesday. Call Chip Pepitone, (727) 692-0012.
CENTRAL PASCO CHAMBER OF COMMERCE will host the following ribbon cuttings:
• Bundle of Savings, at Hungry Harry's Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O'Lakes Blvd. (in the Lakehouse), 9 a.m. Wednesday.
• Oasis, 5854 Argerian Drive, Wesley Chapel, 6 p.m. Thursday. Event includes a grand opening from 5:30 to 7 p.m. of the new pregnancy care center satellite office.
BIRTHDAY BASH: Cooper Financial Services will have a Birthday Bash at 5:30 p.m. May 21 to celebrate 10 years in Pasco and five years in its office at 5420 Land O'Lakes Blvd., Suite 100, Land O'Lakes. A ribbon-cutting will be at 6 p.m. The event includes wine, cheese and entertainment. Guests are asked to bring a donation for Sunrise of Pasco County, a domestic violence and sexual assault center. To RSVP, call (813) 996-6100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: SCORE Chapter 439 is presenting a series of free seminars. To register and for additional information, visit score439.org and click on the Local Workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
• How to Really Start Your Own Business, 5:45 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Centennial Park Branch Library, 5730 Moog Road, Holiday.
• Using the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road.
• How to Apply for a Business Loan, 5:45 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Land O'Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway.
• Building the Plan for a Successful Business, 5 to 7 p.m. May 21, Spring Hill Branch Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive.
• Introduction to QuickBooks, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 22, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road.
• How to Really Start Your Own Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 30, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel.
WOMEN AND MONEY: The monthly Women and Money meeting will be from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Friday at Connerton Court, 21021 Betel Palm Lane, Land O'Lakes. May's topic is "What important papers need to be kept and where?" To RSVP, email email@example.com or call (813) 996-6100 by noon Wednesday.
MANUFACTURING SKILLS: PHCC's corporate training department will host a Manufacturing Skills Standards Council Certified Production Technician training program from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays from May 20 through July 31 at PHCC's Spring Hill Campus, 450 Beverly Court.
The Manufacturing Skills Standards Council is an industry-led training, assessment and certification system focused on the core skills and knowledge needed by the nation's production workers. The course fee is $1,100 per person and includes all instructional materials and certifications. Employers may qualify for up to 50 percent in training reimbursement funds through the Pasco-Hernando Workforce Board.
To register or for information, call (727) 816-3123.
LEADER DEVELOPMENT: Pasco-Hernando Community College's corporate training department will host a Leadership Certificate Program designed to develop mid-level professionals for greater leadership roles within their organizations, from 8 a.m. to noon Tuesdays, beginning July 9 at PHCC's East Campus, 36727 Blanton Road, Dade City.
The 32-hour, eight-week, noncredit program will be presented by Lori Bainum, PHCC director of corporate training. The cost is $599 for chamber members, $799 for non-members. Applications, information: phcc.edu/leadership; (727) 816-3123.
LEADERSHIP PASCO: Applications are being accepted for the Class of 2014 for Leadership Pasco, a development program that explores issues through seminars and hands-on activities.
The program is open to people interested in community involvement and supporting the prosperity of Pasco County. Topics include leadership skills, the history of Pasco County, education, health care and social services, law enforcement and criminal justice, economic and business development, government and infrastructure.
Applications are due by June 1 and may be submitted at leadershippasco.com.
For an application, send an email to Bob Memoli at bob firstname.lastname@example.org.
SMALL BUSINESS CONSULTATIONS: Free consultations for small businesses and entrepreneurs are available by appointment from 9 to 11 a.m. on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month in the Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce conference room at 38550 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills.
The chamber offers the free and confidential consultations in partnership with the Small Business Development Center at the University of South Florida.
For additional information on the consultations or to schedule an appointment, call toll-free 1-888-929-2221.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to email@example.com or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos published as space permits; they will not be returned.