Copperstone Executive Suites and Business Club at 3632 Land O'Lakes Blvd., Land O'Lakes, was recently awarded the 2012 Service Industry of the Year award by the Pasco Economic Development Council. The Pasco EDC annually awards top companies for their innovation, job creation, growth, capital investment and technology, along with the companies' involvement in community activities.
Established in 2005, Copperstone Executive Suites and Business Club provides a unique business concept catering to small businesses by providing professional executive suite offices at affordable prices. Private, part-time and co-working offices, conference rooms and full-scale meeting room/event room facilities, are all available. Many small businesses can't afford the start-up expense of a well-appointed professional office space.
For information, call (813) 298-7363.
• • •
Sponsors are needed for the Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce's third-annual Pigz in Z'Hills event, a backyard and professional barbecue cookoff competition and blues festival set for Oct. 27 at the Charles B. Krusen Memorial Field, 4626 Krusen Field Road, near 20th Street and Alston Avenue in Zephyrhills.
For information, call the chamber at (813) 782-1913 or visit zephyrhillschamber.org.
Mark W. Lovelle, a financial advisor with Ameriprise Financial, recently qualified for and attended the 2012 Ameriprise National Conference in Denver.
To earn the achievement, Lovelle established himself as one of the company's top advisors achieving high levels in production, client satisfaction and support of providing a superior client service.
Lovelle's office is at 4807 U.S. 19 N, New Port Richey. He can be reached at (727) 841-9640, ext. 3249.
• • •
At the annual Member Appreciation and Awards Banquet of the Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce, new officers and directors were installed. Presiding over the installation ceremony was Pasco Clerk and Comptroller Paula O'Neil.
New officers include: Steve Van Gorden, president; John Scott, president-elect; Pat Pennington, vice president; Carolyn Sentelik, secretary, and Skip Skairus, treasurer.
Directors serving 2012-13 include: Amy Chappell, Chris Drews, Deborah Densmore, Gary Hatrick, John Dearolf, Kevin Ryman, Matt Hulbert, Rebecca Gaddis and Tim Linville.
In his role as outgoing president, John Scott recognized two board members — Mike Prenderville and Darrell Pennington, who served the maximum two consecutive three-year terms from 2006-12.
For information, contact Vonnie Mikkelsen, executive director, at (813) 782-1913.
Cooper Financial Services will host its "Stop Whining, Start Wine-ing" Open House event from 4 to 7 p.m. Monday at 5420 Land O'Lakes Blvd., Suite 101, Land O'Lakes.
Wine and specialty pizzas will be served. Financial planning information will be available. The celebration benefits the Sunrise of Pasco County Domestic & Sexual Violence Center. Admission is an item for the center. Items needed include paper products and/or cleaning products, along with women's clothing and accessories, and children's clothing.
For information, call (813) 996-6100.
• • •
Career Central and Employ Florida Marketplace are hosting a Seasonal Retail Job Fair from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday at Career Central, 7361 Forest Oaks Blvd., Spring Hill, and from 1 to 4 p.m. Wednesday at Career Central, 4440 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey.
Attendance is free and open to any Hernando or Pasco resident or employer. For information, call Dianne Perkins, business relations specialist at (352) 200-3020, ext. 3122 or Kristie Drinosky, business relations specialist at (727) 484-3400, ext. 0245.
• • •
SCORE Chapter 439 is presenting a series of free business seminars:
• "How to Apply for a Business Loan," 5 to 6:45 p.m. Tuesday at Lykes Memorial Library, main branch, 238 Howell Ave., Brooksville.
• "Using the Internet in your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 9 at Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• "Advanced QuickBooks," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 9 at Land O'Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes.
• "How to Really Start your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 10 at Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City.
• "Starting a Home Business 101," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 10 at South Holiday Branch Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive, Holiday.
• "Introduction to QuickBooks," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 11 at New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Zephyrhills.
• "How to Market in this Economy," 5 to 6:45 p.m. Oct. 16 at West Hernando S.T. Foggia Branch Library, 6335 Blackbird Ave., Spring Hill.
• "How to Really Start Your Own Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 23 at New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• "Creating a Business Plan," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 23 at Centennial Park Branch Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
To register, visit score439.org and click on the Local Workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
• • •
The East Pasco Networking Group will host a Fall Mixer at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Golden Corral, 6855 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills.
Guest speakers include recent "Standing Ovation" award winners and Pasco Clerk and Comptroller Paula O'Neil. Networking group members and their families are invited.
The cost is $16.54 and includes the buffet meal and gratuity. The event will also include door prizes and a 50/50 raffle to benefit the Youth of Atonement Lutheran Church in Wesley Chapel.
To RSVP, call Nils Lenz at (813) 782-9491.
• • •
Women's Connection of New Port Richey will meet from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Oct. 8 at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey.
Barbara Beardslee will speak on the topic "Successful Life Recipes." The program will also feature "Purse Packing 101." Learn how to condense the contents of your purse.
The cost is $15 and includes the program, speaker and luncheon. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Dianna at (727) 514-1383 by Oct. 6.
• • •
The Greater Dade City, Zephyrhills and Wesley Chapel Chambers of Commerce will present the 2012 East and Central Pasco Candidates Forums on Oct. 8 and 15 at East Pasco Adventist Academy, 38434 Centennial Road, Dade City. The meet and greet will be from 6:30 to 7 p.m., and the forums are from 7 to 9 p.m.
Moderators will be Tampa Bay Times editor of editorials C.T. Bowen and Pasco Tribune columnist Tom Jackson.
The Oct. 8 program will include Circuit Court Judge race: Tom Hanlon and Frank Grey; Property Appraiser race: Mike Wells and Allison Newlon; Tax Collector race: Mike Olson and Ed Blommel; County Clerk of Court race: Paula O'Neil and Roberta Cutting; Pasco County Sheriff race: Chris Nocco and Kim Bogart.
The Oct. 15 program will include County Commission District 3 race: Kathryn Starkey and Matthew Murphy; and U.S. Representative District 12 race: Gus Bilirakis, Paul Elliott, John Russell and Jonathan Michael Snow.
For information, call (813) 782-1913.
• • •
Pasco-Hernando Community College Corporate Training Department in partnership with the Wesley Chapel Chamber of Commerce will offer a brown-bag lunch and learn three-part series on Practical Leadership from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Oct. 19, 25 and Nov. 1 at Hampton Inn & Suites, 2740 Cypress Ridge Blvd., Wesley Chapel.
• Oct. 19, Part 1: "Do you have what it takes?" Learn about the different skills it takes to be a true leader. Participants also will be taught how to run an effective meeting.
• Oct. 25, Part 2: "What's your leadership style?" Participants will learn time management tips and strategies.
• Nov. 1, Part 3: "Are you leaving a legacy?" Listening skills and communication techniques will be discussed.
All programs will be facilitated by Lori Bainum, PHCC director of corporate training. Lunch will be provided. The cost is $15 per person per class, or $40 per person for all three classes. For information or to RSVP, call (813) 994-8534.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to [email protected] or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road in the Regency Shopping Center, New Port Richey. Call Ashok Visuvasam at (813) 333-1622.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. Speaker will be Attorney Corey Silverman of the Silverman Law Firm and Don Cadwallader of PIP Printing. The cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• Pasco Hernando NPI Networking Group: 11:45 a.m. Tuesday at Boulevard Beef & Ale, 6236 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Trinity Business Association: 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Email [email protected]
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The association is made up of professionals who work together to promote one another's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• BNI Revenue Source Chapter: 7:30 to 9 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs Country Club, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Visitors welcome. Cost with breakfast is $10. Call David Randall at (727) 842-7744.
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:45 a.m. Wednesday at Hungry Harry's Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O'Lakes Blvd. (in the Lakehouse). The event sponsor is A.L. Saland Insurance Solutions. The cost is $5 and includes breakfast. For information, call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Sheryl Ryan at (352) 556-7711.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Los Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Women Helping Women: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at Fox Hollow Golf and Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Cost for luncheon is $11. Meets the first Thursday of each month. No charge to join. For information or to RSVP, call Gigi D. Evans at (727) 945-9669.