The Small Business Development Center at the University of South Florida and the Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce have partnered to provide free consultations to small businesses and entrepreneurs in Pasco County.
Free and confidential business consulting services are available by appointment from 9 to 11 a.m. on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month in the chamber's conference room at 38550 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills.
For information or to schedule an appointment, call toll-free, 1-888-929-2221.
• • •
The Medical Center of Trinity, located at 9330 State Road 54, Trinity, was recently named as one of the nation's Top Performers on Key Quality Measures by the Joint Commission, the leading accreditor of healthcare organizations in America.
The center was recognized for its achievement on measure sets including heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care.
For information, call Mary Sommise at (727) 514-2652.
• • •
Sponsors are needed for the Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce's third annual Pigz in Z'Hills event, a backyard and professional barbecue cookoff competition and blues festival set for Oct. 27 at the Charles B. Krusen Memorial Field, 4626 Krusen Field Road, near 20th Street and Alston Avenue in Zephyrhills.
For information, call the chamber at (813) 782-1913 or visit zephyrhillschamber.org.
In conjunction with the American Academy of Facial Aesthetics, Dr. David Kimmel from the Florida Center for Laser Dentistry, recently trained medical doctors and dentists on how to correctly use Botox and dermal fillers.
The training sessions, held in Indianapolis, New York City, Chicago and Tampa, took place over the summer. Kimmel has been providing Botox and dermal fillers to his patients since 2009.
For information, call (727) 862-8513.
Women's Connection of New Port Richey will meet from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey.
Barbara Beardslee will speak about "Successful Life Recipes." The program will also feature "Purse Packing 101." Learn how to condense the contents of your purse.
The cost is $15 and includes the program, speaker and lunch. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Dianna at (727) 514-1383 by today.
• • •
SCORE Chapter 439 is presenting a series of free business seminars:
• "Using the Internet in your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• "Advanced QuickBooks," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at Land O'Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes.
• "How to Really Start your Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City.
• "Starting a Home Business 101," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at South Holiday Branch Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive, Holiday.
• "Introduction to QuickBooks," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday at New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Zephyrhills.
• "How to Market in this Economy," 5 to 6:45 p.m. Oct. 16 at West Hernando S.T. Foggia Branch Library, 6335 Blackbird Ave., Spring Hill.
• "How to Really Start Your Own Business," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 23 at New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• "Creating a Business Plan," 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 23 at Centennial Park Branch Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
To register, visit score439.org and click on the Local Workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
• • •
The Greater Dade City, Zephyrhills and Wesley Chapel Chambers of Commerce will present the 2012 East and Central Pasco Candidates Forums on Monday and Oct. 15 at East Pasco Adventist Academy, 38434 Centennial Road, Dade City. The meet and greet will be from 6:30 to 7 p.m., and the forums are from 7 to 9 p.m.
Moderators will be Pasco Times Editorial Editor C.T. Bowen and Pasco Tribune columnist Tom Jackson.
The program on Monday will include, for Circuit Court judge, Tom Hanlon and Frank Grey; for Property Appraiser, Mike Wells and Allison Newlon; for Tax Collector, Mike Olson and Ed Blommel; for County Clerk of Court, Paula O'Neil and Roberta Cutting; and for Pasco County Sheriff, Chris Nocco and Kim Bogart.
The Oct. 15 program will include, for County Commission District 3, Kathryn Starkey and Matthew Murphy; and for U.S. Representative District 12, Gus Bilirakis, Paul Elliott, John Russell and Jonathan Michael Snow.
For information, call (813) 782-1913.
• • •
The Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have a ribbon cutting ceremony at 5 p.m. Thursday at Homes by Westbay at Lakeshore Ranch, 19359 Falconcrest Blvd., Land O'Lakes. For information, call the chamber at (813) 909-2722.
• • •
PROtential Sports will have a Franchise Grand Opening at 6 p.m. Oct. 13 at the Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa-Wesley Chapel, 2740 Cypress Ridge Blvd., Wesley Chapel.
The event will include franchise information. Owned and operated by former NFL player Tony Bland and his wife, PROtential Sports is a youth sports organization offering summer sports camps, after-school sports camps and youth sports leagues in the Tampa Bay area.
For information, call (813) 262-9688 or (855) 543-7767.
• • •
Southern Self Storage will host a yard sale, bake sale and craft sale to benefit the Little Cats Rescue from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Oct. 13 at 7139 Mitchell Blvd., New Port Richey.
The event will include Amore Fresh Slice Pizzeria and Kona Ice of Pinellas County. All Children's Hospital will give a free child seat check from 9 a.m. to noon for those who register at allkids.org/carseats.
A raffle of gently used household items, furniture, tools and gift certificates from local businesses will also benefit Little Cats Rescue. For information, call (561) 775-7393, ext. 815.
• • •
Pasco-Hernando Community College Corporate Training Department in partnership with the Wesley Chapel Chamber of Commerce will offer a brown bag lunch and learn three-part series on Practical Leadership from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Oct. 19, 25 and Nov. 1 at Hampton Inn & Suites, 2740 Cypress Ridge Blvd., Wesley Chapel.
• Oct. 19, Part 1: "Do you have what it takes?" Learn about the different skills it takes to be a true leader. Participants also will be taught how to run an effective meeting.
• Oct. 25, Part 2: "What's your leadership style?" Participants will learn time management tips and strategies.
• Nov. 1, Part 3: "Are you leaving a legacy?" Listening skills and communication techniques will be discussed.
All programs will be facilitated by Lori Bainum, PHCC director of corporate training. Lunch will be provided. The cost is $15 per person per class, or $40 per person for all three classes. For information or to RSVP, call (813) 994-8534.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hayes, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned.
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Monday at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road in the Regency Shopping Center, New Port Richey. Call Ashok Visuvasam at (813) 333-1622.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at Timber Greens Country Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. Speakers will be Doug Mullins of Helicon Foundation and Julie Rogers of Progressive Air Systems. The cost is $8 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 847-3898.
• Business Development Council: 8:15 a.m. Tuesday at Cracker Barrel, 5341 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. The business networking group, hosted by Cadence Bank (formerly Superior Bank), promotes individual business members. The group meets the second Tuesday of each month. Call Crystal Menzie Olson at (727) 376-1030.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday at the Village Inn, 5214 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills. The group meets on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month. Call Nils Lenz at (813) 782-9491.
• Pasco Hernando NPI Networking Group: 11:45 a.m. Tuesday at Boulevard Beef & Ale, 6236 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• West Pasco Business Association: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 2150 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The association is made up of professionals who work together to promote one another's businesses. Visit westpascobusinessassociation.com.
• BNI Revenue Source Chapter: 7:30 to 9 a.m. Wednesday at Heritage Springs Country Club, 11345 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. Visitors welcome. Cost with breakfast is $10. Call David Randall at (727) 842-7744.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Cottages of Port Richey, 5905 Pine Hill Road, Port Richey. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco. The group meets the second Wednesday of each month. Call Lori Felber, president, at (727) 863-5808.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Cantina Laredo restaurant, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursday at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Sheryl Ryan at (352) 556-7711.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursday at Los Vallarta's Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• West Pasco Young Professionals Networking Group: 6 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday at Fox Hollow Golf & Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity. The cost is $11 per person. Meetings are the second Thursday of the month. Call (727) 842-7651. RSVP at (727) 842-7651.